Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
E3 1997 Official N64 Controller
Topic Started: Jan 9 2010, 03:56 PM (35,052 Views)
i8ablueskittle
and it tasted good...
s2pid
Jul 8 2012, 08:59 AM
Did the guy get robbed at gun point specifically FOR a controller? Or did the guy just take his bag/wallet which happened to contain the controller?
Thatd what i was wondering, if it was for the controller then thats just sad and i hate the world
Forever searching for 1080 Snowboarding and 1080 Avalanche items.
Love N64 Prototypes and Unreleased games.
PM me or email me at i8ablueskittle@gmail.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

i8ablueskittle
and it tasted good...
lithium017
Jul 8 2012, 02:49 PM
I was in conversation with Corey during that 'transaction in progress' and the guy with the controller claimed he got robbed and it had nothing to do with the controller - actually, a VERY small number of people knew about the controller at that time.

FYI - I have a Geoffrey controller too :)
Okay that makes sense haha.
Lithium is your Geoffrey boxed or loose? Just wondering :)

i8ablueskittle
and it tasted good...
Ausgamer355
Sep 27 2012, 03:13 AM
15 on the list no go never showed.my cusin friend that's brought it on his paypal.out of eBay never showed up an got bent over so you can scratch that off the list.
Sorry number 12
Yeah that would be strange because I bought and have number 15 in my possession right now...
Anyway! DDR I bought arts #15 as well as guggles e3 #14 please add me on the list instead of the unknown.
My name is Ty F.
Edited by i8ablueskittle, Oct 17 2012, 09:31 PM.

i8ablueskittle
and it tasted good...
Yes I can confirm sharkbizkits purchase. Amanda is the new owner.
Sorry it took so long to update Ive been rather busy :rofl:
Edited by i8ablueskittle, Nov 26 2012, 12:08 PM.

i8ablueskittle
and it tasted good...
Honestly I was VERY skeptical when I bought mine, then once I purchased the other from guggles, they looked exactly the same. Measurements, materials, everything. I'm not sure how, but I believe he's the real deal.
What I would personally like to investigate is if these originally came with the cord bagged up and tied like mine is, to see if mine is truly unused and legitimate! :)

i8ablueskittle
and it tasted good...
ddr2nite
May 15 2013, 10:54 PM
i8ablueskittle
May 15 2013, 09:53 PM
What I would personally like to investigate is if these originally came with the cord bagged up and tied like mine is, to see if mine is truly unused and legitimate! :)
I have one that I believe is new and unused. It comes with the original ties and plastic bag that goes around the cord like many of the other "new" controllers that I've seen from various regions. I believe mine (and possibly yours skittle) is brand new and that's how they looked when they were handed/given out.
Perfect, thanks DDR. I'd say thats evidence enough for me! Also, the bag is clear (NOT blue) and both twist ties are black. I'm assuming this is the same for you?
I was pretty sure that it was brand new as I could tell from the way the cord is perfectly folded, and twist ties perfectly twisted, I just wanted to make sure. Thanks again. :yeah:

i8ablueskittle
and it tasted good...
Nadim9067
May 19 2013, 12:21 AM
This came to my attention over the weekend although i don't have the pictures to prove it as of yet but there is in fact an All-Gold E3 controller, Instead of the usual ''Gold-top / Black-underneath'' ones that we all have.
Just curious if anyone else has heard/seen anything related to this?
All i can think of is that it was either someone that replaced the black bottom, or its a fake. Either way its a bit strange and I'd watch out.

i8ablueskittle
and it tasted good...
Nadim9067
May 19 2013, 07:08 AM
Ok this is going to either shock or make you laugh. This is from out TheGT550 who found it and sold it. He sent me photos of it and well..i don't know. You guys tell me what you think from the photo's. Fake or Real?

Sooooooooooo..*Ahem, yes..gentlemen?
Looks to me like someone switched out the bottom, like I said but who knows? I'm about 99% sure that they never came this way. In my opinion, the black bottom looks awesome, that's why I love my E3 so much.
Interesting find on your part though, especially coming from gt500 AGAIN.... :blink:
Edited by i8ablueskittle, May 19 2013, 07:30 AM.

i8ablueskittle
and it tasted good...
Very glad to see mods finally checking in to this! Thanks :)

i8ablueskittle
and it tasted good...
Xephyrian
Sep 7 2013, 05:47 PM
I thought the logos were engraved. That looks like it's protruding...
Nope, not engraved. They are indeed on the outside of the controller

i8ablueskittle
and it tasted good...
j.m.ratkos
Apr 19 2018, 11:18 AM
bumping a long dead thread and I realize that I've never been a member before today on these forums, however I'm going to be listing both a CES 1997 N64 starfox competition controller and a 2002 E3 wavebird mario party competition controller on ebay.

both items are authentic, brand new and have never been used

I won 4 of the N64 controllers at the CES event and gave 3 of them away to friends. the one that I kept was never used and immediately stored in a black retail N64 controller box when I got home after the show.
I won 5 of the wavebird controllers at the 2002 E3 event (and kept 2). these are really nice and come packaged in a blue "crown royal" like velvet bag which is embroidered with the text "cut the cord"

for those who do not know me, I used to author guides for both prima and brady games back in the day (searching 'james ratkos' on amazon will reveal my body of work). I attended many CES shows and the first 10 years of E3. I will provide links to photos of the items later tonight
Like No64DD said, that's cool that they weren't only given out at E3. Also very interested in seeing the wavebird, I've read about one a while back where somebody received on in a velvet bag that said 'Ride the Wave' or something like that. Can't wait to see them!

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply