Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
E3 1997 Official N64 Controller
Topic Started: Jan 9 2010, 03:56 PM (35,048 Views)
Nadim9067
Member Avatar
Trigger Happy
I haven't been collecting for nearly a month now in anticipation of the arrival of my E3 starfox controller that i THOUGHT i purchased from a seller, unfortunately it seems I'm having the worst of luck in getting this rarity.
I'm not sure if many saw, but i did post some time ago (in some topic i've since forgotten) that i did in fact, get an E3. The reality was that it had not even shown up yet - i had made the purchase and it was, what i thought, an honest sale to say the least.

To cut a long story short, I found a seller on eBay about a month ago. After a pretty long conversation and a TON of photo's to prove it was legit, i decided to buy it off him. Now...considering how long the shipping takes for US to Aus i thought there was just a delay in the arrival and figured it would come within a few extra days. To this day, it's never shown up. I had spoken to the seller after i made the payment and he kept insisting he had sent it. Despite saying he didn't have a tracking number even though i paid priority (It didn't even show up on my transaction?). Eventually i gave up, i made the purchase through paypal so i got my money back after a short wait (which was probably about all that has gone right for me so far) in which the seller wasn't too happy about and tried to get arguementive over but i shut him down pretty quickly and he didn't even try to prove the point further that it was on it's way. This was when i realised it was never coming in the first place and got pretty cut by the fact.

This wasn't the first time had come by an E3 controller in my 3-month endeavour, I had seen the one that went on sale last December but at the time, I had no idea what the E3 was and thought $550 was an outrageous price for a controller and gave it a miss. I had seen the sale on eBay in early February by bbcorvette that went to the youtube collector RStheJuice who got it at $450, and then i found one in some random store in the U.S. who wouldn't ship it out to Australia...and wanted it for $2,000 (I've posted about this somewhere as well) and the latest one from this eBay seller which turned out to be a massive waste of time and effort..
I was ready to post this when i just saw another go on sale on eBay for $550 (I imagine everyone here saw this as well?) to be sold again without even getting a look at it.

I've spoken to countless amounts of people on eBay and nintendoage briefly with the same answer as always saying they either don't have one or haven't seen one in a while or their not willing to sell it, regardless of my offer.
I'm starting to think i just wasn't meant to get this controller at all, every chance has just managed to slip by rather quickly without a second glance so instead of spending this easter break working on my collection, i'm off to the coast until monday to enjoy what's left of the warm weather in Sydney - Here's to hoping it won't rain!!!

Thanks to anyone and everyone who's read my miserable and unsuccessful mis-adventures in hunting the E3, I hope your stories were shorter and more successful than mine was when you went after your own. Have a Happy Easter!
''Now this is what I call a Platform Game''
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nadim9067
Member Avatar
Trigger Happy
I'll keep looking, for the sake of it I have had an interesting little journey in trying to find one but it has been stressful time and time again when you get close only to get shutdown again and again.
I'd just like to add, i had a quick look through the topics and you can add this one to the list as this guy has still got the E3 controller in his store (and for sale!)
Propaganda Palace - a store in San Antonio, TX in the U.S. has a legit E3 controller. I had spoken to him recently and he still has it, but the price he is asking for it..for me anyway, was $2,000!!! I think he was just being a troll abut it because i live in Australia and he made such a big deal about postage but check the photos on the facebook page here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Propaganda-Palace/106471902754173

Not a bad store in my personal opinion. Including that one, you now have 20 known E3's :)
I'm glad my info has helped out. I should probably keep better track of all my conversations because i do come by some interesting and private collectors who (i don't think) are not on this forum.
Edited by bluedogrulez, Mar 31 2013, 08:11 PM.

Nadim9067
Member Avatar
Trigger Happy
Ahh my bad ddr. Being my first forum ever to actually try and contribute, I'm still learning...alot :-/ haha
Also, thanks for the notes on contorller #12, You would make a top detective. If I find out anything else on my mis-adventures, i'll post again.

Nadim9067
Member Avatar
Trigger Happy
Well, its finally OFFICIALLY happened. (P.S. Sorry for poor lighting and photo in general! The camera is my partner's and she isn't back from work yet. Hope these will suffice until i can upload good ones!)

You can imagine who this belonged to, the first buyer fell through and didn't pay so, as i was already talking to the fellow, he gladly sold it to moi.
Guys i'll need your help on this as there was speculation about it when it went on sale if it was real or not, please let me know initial thoughts until i upload more. Thankyou!

http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/p649/Nadim9067/DSCN4211_zps73419a51.jpg
Posted Image

http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/p649/Nadim9067/DSCN4212_zps4c2f2a2a.jpg
Posted Image

http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/p649/Nadim9067/DSCN4214_zps966d18aa.jpg
Posted Image

http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/p649/Nadim9067/DSCN4216_zps4b774463.jpg
Posted Image

Nadim9067
Member Avatar
Trigger Happy
lithium017
May 14 2013, 01:02 PM
Wow TheGT550 has found 8 of these now? I recall him finding the first 5 (maybe 6). He has one himself, I have one, willis82, alekx, ganstaterrybeer, KelamyAUS, SicCooper, and now SgtRaven. That makes 8 as SgtRaven has said. I wonder what the story is behind all of these - how on earth has he found 8 of them? Originally he found the first bunch directly from a Nintendo employee he told me
The one i got was for a seller by the name of ''nintendo64_fan'' which apparently is also seller 'theGT550'
This is probably going to sound even stranger though i don't know if he will come through with it, but he said he can actually find more if i was interested :\

Nadim9067
Member Avatar
Trigger Happy
This came to my attention over the weekend although i don't have the pictures to prove it as of yet but there is in fact an All-Gold E3 controller, Instead of the usual ''Gold-top / Black-underneath'' ones that we all have.
Just curious if anyone else has heard/seen anything related to this?

Nadim9067
Member Avatar
Trigger Happy
Ok this is going to either shock or make you laugh. This is from out TheGT550 who found it and sold it. He sent me photos of it and well..i don't know. You guys tell me what you think from the photo's. Fake or Real?
Hereeee come alot more images...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

lol.. this photo, he's labelled where the scratches on the gold N are.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sooooooooooo..*Ahem, yes..gentlemen?
Attached to this post:
Attachments: DSC07493.jpg (63.36 KB)
Attachments: DSC07511.jpg (52.8 KB)
Attachments: DSC07500.jpg (62.98 KB)
Edited by Nadim9067, May 19 2013, 07:23 AM.

Nadim9067
Member Avatar
Trigger Happy
I asked him how he found it and he said this:
''So this one I found from a guy who had no idea that this was a special controller. Bought it a a flea market from a man who had old computer stuff and DVDs
What was strange is that is all gold but he dint change the back he said he got it like that. I check that there's also one like that on the forum. The emblem is legit but maybe they did change the back. Since is better than the one I had I decided to upgrade the one I have in the collection and kept looking for one better''

He's not ruling out that someone tampered with it themselves..

Nadim9067
Member Avatar
Trigger Happy
TheJuice401 bought the last one off bbcorvette that you've just mentioned.
I spoke with him shortly after selling that one and he said that he has other E3 controllers, just like thegt550 - why it has taken him 5-6 months to post his 2nd on eBay is a bit odd though.

Nadim9067
Member Avatar
Trigger Happy
Cabanon
Jul 10 2013, 08:23 AM
Nadim9067
Jul 10 2013, 05:25 AM
TheJuice401 bought the last one off bbcorvette that you've just mentioned.
I spoke with him shortly after selling that one and he said that he has other E3 controllers, just like thegt550 - why it has taken him 5-6 months to post his 2nd on eBay is a bit odd though.
it's not odd, it's just brillant. doing it this way ensure that the 2nd controller is not being sold at a ridiculous low price. spacing them 6 months with hot and rare ticket items is just normal if you want to cash in at max level.
It's an excellent idea to make maximum profit, but i just spoke to the guy and he was busy with work haha
Also the thegt550 was happy to just sell 2 of them straight away to me. I still find that weird....

AND!!
If anyone is bidding on this one, the reserve is 600

Nadim9067
Member Avatar
Trigger Happy
Strider
Jul 11 2013, 11:11 PM
Is bbcorvette & thegt550 the same guy?
Nope, thegt550 knows how valuable these are, bbcorvette actually didn't even know the real value of the E3 controller when he first listed and sold one.

Nadim9067
Member Avatar
Trigger Happy
It's highly possible. There is NO WAY one person personally found that many of such a rare controller. The fact that he contacted me saying that ''if i was willing to buy them at $500 he would find them'' and fair enough, within a week, he had 2 ready to sell to me. That is impossible.

Nadim9067
Member Avatar
Trigger Happy
lithium017
Sep 5 2013, 11:35 AM
Thanks for stating that evidence too Nadim - that will help with our case.

If I remember correctly, wasn't one of the controllers he sold gold top and gold bottom? Which one was that if I am correct?
Yes that's right, the photos that he sent to me of the actual gold on gold controller are on page 11 i beleive. All the ones he sent to me are there.

Nadim9067
Member Avatar
Trigger Happy
I'm dirty jealous of that find. Wow! Congrats!

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply