Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
E3 1997 Official N64 Controller
Topic Started: Jan 9 2010, 03:56 PM (35,028 Views)
Strider
Member Avatar
Established Member
Is bbcorvette & thegt550 the same guy?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Strider
Member Avatar
Established Member
samniisan
Jul 23 2013, 05:29 AM
I actually clicked on "Buy It Now" when the item was relisted. The seller contacted me and explained that the original buyer had problems with shipping choice or idk what. Anyways, it was reserved.. :( I guess I'll never get this controller..

.. I want it so bad
Yer i want one of these one day too! they are very cool. but its a big list of wants.

did you not see it said reserved? or just wanted it anyaways?

if some of these are found in japan dont that mean they got a release of them also?

Strider
Member Avatar
Established Member
lithium017
May 7 2017, 07:54 AM
Sorry to bump - I've had a few people message me to check if ones they are about to buy are real or fake. What is the community's thoughts on these now? I am personally still too realistic and pessimistic to believe any of them are real apart from the signed one by the Nintendo staff. So easy to fake and no way to prove they are real.
Yes you are right. being able to buy exact gold foil leaf stickers on ebay now is just impossible to combat the fakes. I'm just wondering when the fake boxes start to come out for n64 controllers? we all know thats what makes a product worth so much! hello mac perfect example! the controller worth only $100-$200 max now but $2000+ with the box. I'm sure its only a matter of time.... I'd love to purchase an e3 but being no way to 100% identify original its not worth the risk.

Strider
Member Avatar
Established Member
No64DD
Jun 9 2017, 03:17 PM
Quote:

Being able to buy exact gold foil leaf stickers on ebay now is just impossible to combat the fakes.

This isn't true. They are not exact.
It's unfair to dismiss every e3 controller that comes by, nor is it fair to the current confirmed owners.
You are right the current sticker from one seller is not exact. but a quick msg to any of these sellers directly (few worldwide that i have found) with a custom sizing of the "N" logo would see differently. Once the stickers are a perfect match it will be impossible to distinguish between real & fake. its unfortunate but only a matter of time. even the GT fakes still have a market so its not all bad.

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply