Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
E3 1997 Official N64 Controller
Topic Started: Jan 9 2010, 03:56 PM (30,381 Views)
mjwatts26
Member Avatar
Yeah the reserve is set at $600.00. I assume it will go for much more than that, right?
Edited by mjwatts26, Jul 12 2013, 07:18 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mjwatts26
Member Avatar
$960! Wow.

mjwatts26
Member Avatar
lithium017
Jul 15 2013, 11:19 AM
TheGT550 has offered in confidence to our Staff an explanation as to how he has been able to locate so many E3 controllers. None of his purchasers have had any complaints as to legitimacy as far as we know. As with any internet transaction, caution is warranted and N64Forever.com makes no guarantees as to any products sold by any members.

TheGT550 has offered to provide additional proof of his finds which I will share with the other moderators and admins.

Personally, I will be sending my controller to finngamer for investigation as we know his is authentic.
Sounds like TheGT550's explanation raised some red flags if you're concerned about the legitimacy of yours.
Edited by mjwatts26, Jul 15 2013, 01:01 PM.

mjwatts26
Member Avatar
Looks the same as the last one. Scratch on the handle is identical.

mjwatts26
Member Avatar
Well that was over quick. Any idea who the winner is?

mjwatts26
Member Avatar
lithium017
Sep 4 2013, 11:00 AM
Finngamer has just received my controller. He has informed me he will be sharing his findings after comparing mine (from TheGT550 - 8th on the list) with his known to be authentic controller.
Can't wait to hear the results! Semi-related question...the back half of these controllers is no different than the standard black controller, correct?

mjwatts26
Member Avatar
Well after this fake E3 debacle, I'm happy to report there is still hope that legit E3's can be found. I recently picked one up off eBay from spartan_043 (item # 251319947704). This is currently listed on ddr's list as #13. The vertical measurement of the "N" logo is 18 mm. It feels smooth to the touch. Visually the edges are not rounded at all and to my eye this certainly looks like a legit E3. I've uploaded some photos of just the logo, along with a photo of the 18 mm measurement. Please take a look let me know what you guys think.

I asked the seller to provide as much background information about the controller as he could. As far as he knows, he was the second owner. He purchased it from a collector in Seattle about 7 years ago, which suggests the original owner could have been a Nintendo employee. I believe it has been speculated that some of these were given out to Nintendo employees, rather than being won at the E3 Starfox competition, but I'm not sure if anyone has confirmed that.

Photos:
http://s738.photobucket.com/user/mjwatts26/library/E3

mjwatts26
Member Avatar
Xephyrian
Sep 7 2013, 05:47 PM
I thought the logos were engraved. That looks like it's protruding...
Part of the sticker is coming up a little bit as you can see in the third photo. It's the really skinny diagonal section in the middle lower portion of the "N". Kinda bothers me and the thought crossed my mind to try to fix it somehow with glue or heat and pressure. But I'm not going to touch it since I'd probably end up making it worse, and then I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply