Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Blade Runner II ?
Topic Started: Aug 26 2011, 08:23 AM (1,030 Views)
Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
kartmaster
Oct 9 2017, 06:57 AM
Mrs. Kart went to see it. I haven't had a chance to talk to her about it yet. I saw that it was 3 hours and said, yikes!
There are elements in the movie that are visually stunning and spectacular but the story seems too diffuse when compared to more focused films of a similar theme like Ex Machina and the aforementioned Her. I don't want to throw out any spoilers yet but let's just say that BR2049's failings lie in it's story, first and foremost.

I was happy that 2049 took on a slower pace than most summer blockbusters but for some bizarre reason that was taken to ridiculous extremes. The makers of the film seemed to ignore the fact that audiences of 2017 are much more sophisticated than audiences of 1982 when the original movie was released.

What I will say negative at this point is this, Blade Runner 2049 feels much less like science and much more like fiction. :-/
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Hey Grizzmeister, i haven't seen the film yet, but i appreciate the years of anticipation you put into talking about it on this thread. I do.
It looks like a great theatrical experience, and i only hear good things about it.
Edited by No64DD, Oct 10 2017, 08:22 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
pre-ordered the 3D Steelbook from Zavvi. didnt see it in theater but from what ik'm earing, i'm not sure i'll keep this pre-order up and might cancel it.

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Blade Runner 2049 is a mind-numbingly beautiful work of art and really should be seen in a proper theater to be fully appreciated. Just be warned, though, that it's a long movie with very deliberate pacing.

Oh and Cabanon, I'm definitely buying the Blu-ray when it's released. In all probability that's where the movie will really shine as I'll be able to pause it and take bathroom breaks every once in a while. :lol:
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
This video's assessment is fairly accurate to my mind.

The Real Reason Blade Runner 2049 Flopped At The Box Office

They should release an alternate home version titled Blade Runner 2049: Studio Cut that's substantially shorter and has overdubbed narration by Ryan Gosling's character K. :lol:

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
I'll be discussing Blade Runner 2049 in greater detail after the BluRay releases. Rumor has it that may happen as early as January 2018. I'd discuss some of the finer points of the movie now but I don't want to give out any spoilers before everybody who wants to has had a chance to see it.

If you like stylized visuals or were even mildly interested in the original then I strongly recommend purchasing BR2049 when it's released. It's the perfect movie to watch on a bleak winter's day when it's too cold to go outside.

Here's a spoiler free thought on the film, though - it's often said that director Ridley Scott never truly understood what made the original Blade Runner so endearing. I'd have to say that given his input as executive producer of 2049 that's probably true.

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Today is Blade Runner 2049's physical release date. Digital has been out for a while.

Posted Image

I didn't get the 4k version because I don't have an UHD TV or player. Also, since Samsung just announced 8k at CES, I have serious reservations about jumping on the 4k bandwagon.

Posted Image

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · TV, Movies, Music & Other Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: