Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Problem with editing posts
Topic Started: Sep 22 2011, 03:38 PM (1,023 Views)
Heinrold
Member Avatar
Just tried to edit the first post in my trading thread but i don't find any "edit"-button in that topic any more. my fault or something wrong with the page?

... it's possible in another topic.
:n64: = :)
Always many PAL games for sale:
http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/topic/7338905/1
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ddr2nite
Member Avatar
Controller Collecting Extraordinaire
Same with me actually, I tried to find the edit button for my first posts in my Controller Store thread but they're non-existent. Any admins can look into this? :eh:
Posted ImageClick here to check out my N64 collection.
N64 Controllers: 30/30 Completed | ASCII Controllers: 15/15 Completed
N.A. Boxes: 8/8 Completed | Japan Boxes: 21/21 Completed
Full NTSC-J CIB Set: 198/198 Completed

"trust me, we all started with just one or two games
and then things kinda got out of hand
" - MK II

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
it should be possible... Cabanon and the guy who sold me his iQue edited their first posts (and thread title) in Buy / Sell / Trade. weird...
you should certainly report it to one of the admins
Edited by Mk II, Sep 22 2011, 04:28 PM.
Posted Image

Heinrold
Member Avatar
until the last time, everything worked perfect for me there... will report it.

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
I don't know if it's related but I've had issues with this site lately when I use Internet Explorer. Sometimes when I preview my post I see the whole thing jumbled together without spaces or with weird BBCode stuff when I try to quote.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
Okay, it should be sorted now. :)

Heinrold
Member Avatar
thank you :)

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
I'm still having issues when I attempt to quote if I use IE. :-8

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

ddr2nite
Member Avatar
alxbly
Sep 24 2011, 10:50 AM
Okay, it should be sorted now. :)
Thanks alxbly, it did indeed fix my ability to edit :link:

" - MK II

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
I don't know what happened to Internet Explorer (I'm using version 9.0.2) but this site suddenly started not working properly with it. I've now begun visiting here using Google Chrome and the experience is much better although I still get that darned Sixpop cat when posting. :rollseyes:

Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
In lieu of starting a new topic for a similar issue, I'm posting here to say that I have also had the missing Edit button happen to me in this topic. I can edit the last post I made there but a few pages back where my games list is, I cannot add my new purchases to that list. I figured it would be annoying if I re-posted the entire thing every time I add to it so I wanted to bring it to attention here.

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
There's now limits on the time period when you can edit posts. A recent user (who may or may not be banned due to certain dubious selling practices) edited just every post he'd ever made, destroying a lot of topics and leaving a big mess for the site staff to clean up (and we're still not finished). Sadly, this isn't the first time this has happened. To prevent it happening again I've implemeted a cap on how long a post can be edited for. Posts can now be edited for up to a week, after which they can't be edited. Most people will read the last (most current) post on a topic so hopefully it doesn't cause an issue.

Annoyingly, the post edit period can't be changed for different parts of the site. It would have been good to be able to leave posts in the Trading folder open for longer, so people can edit posts as they sell items. Unfortunately, that's not an option.

What's people's views on editing posts and how long posts should be editable for?

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
alxbly
Feb 1 2012, 06:10 PM
What's people's views on editing posts and how long posts should be editable for?

I agree a week is long enough.
Edited by TNT737373, Feb 1 2012, 06:59 PM.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
As long as people don't mind a game collection list being re-posted multiple times then I guess a week is okay. I just didn't want to step on the toes of normal posting etiquette rules.

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

a week is fine IMHO.

Quote:

As long as people don't mind a game collection list being re-posted multiple times

suggestion: mainly post about your latest additions and the complete list every once in a (longer) while?
Edited by Mk II, Feb 2 2012, 01:32 PM.
Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
That sounds all right with me. I'll just wait until my collection post is a few pages down and then update it. It will probably end up being a monthly to bi-monthly thing.

Cabanon
Elite
could there be an option to only allow the OP of every thread to be edited as much/long as we can ?

ddr2nite
Member Avatar
I personally dislike :nope: this new rule/change to the forums. I can't believe we are letting 1 bad apple ruin the freedom/flexibility for the rest of us. This is just my opinion, not a threat or anything of the sort. Just voicing my disagreement.

" - MK II

macN64
Member Avatar
alxbly

There's now limits on the time period when you can edit posts.
That's a shame. :-/

alxbly

Annoyingly, the post edit period can't be changed for different parts of the site.
I take it there is no option for different restrictions based on user (e.g. by post count/rank, account standing, or just individual account)?

If the restrictions must be put in place, then a week would seem fair.

ddr2nite

I personally dislike :nope: this new rule/change to the forums. I can't believe we are letting 1 bad apple ruin the freedom/flexibility for the rest of us.
Perhaps we could have these rules in place for now, until things calm down a bit, but reverse them later?
Edited by macN64, Feb 3 2012, 03:56 PM.
Youtube

jon55mcc
Member Avatar
Chuck Norris' Hidden Member
After reading this I now know I have to reissue my FS thread.

I'd much rather keep things tidy by just editing my first post. I suppose as long as I don't upload a new thread too often, then it won't look like I'm bumping it/over posting it in the trade boards.

:toad:
Keep it secret, keep it safe... :phear:

Cabanon
Elite
alright, can this non-sense bullshit be removed now that TheN64Guy is long gone forever ? im sure many of us are not posting WTB/FS item just because oyou can't edit and need to start again.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I was looking for a topic about this. I think it should at least be considered because we haven't had any issues since that guy was here causing issues. Sure would be nice to be able to edit an old post or two.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
I will re-introduce talks of making editing unrestricted again, since several of you expressed dislike of the policy.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
We are opening editing back up to last indefinitely. It will stay this was barring incident. :yeah:

yoshiguy
Member Avatar
Super Mario 64 Machinimist
This problem is now fixed!
My new album is released on Bandcamp

« Previous Topic · Help and Suggestions · Next Topic »
Add Reply