Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Perfect Dark; Nintendo 64
Topic Started: Oct 14 2011, 05:48 PM (1,759 Views)
TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
I liked that review, good job! When it comes to ranking though it's hard to choose between two great games such as Perfect Dark and Goldeneye, either you go for improvement/simplicity, or nostalgia. Perfect Dark was definitely a leap up from Goldeneye in my opinion, but I just have too many memories with Goldeneye. That just makes me like it more. With Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, I actually like Tooie more however, because it was an extension on my childhood and more challenging. With the same protagonists I could continue the adventure.

Nevertheless Rare produced two excellent FPS's that hold their own quite well, even today. Goldeneye being more simplistic in controls and objectives, may increase its "playability" for gamers who decide to go back to it. I hope more people discover the N64 and pick up all of Rare's work in the future, as its all underrated!
Edited by TNT737373, Nov 10 2011, 03:41 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Reviews · Next Topic »
Add Reply