Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What do you think is the best color of the N64's "Funtastic" series?
Ice Blue 11 (28.2%)
Jungle Green 5 (12.8%)
Watermelon Red 6 (15.4%)
Fire Orange 6 (15.4%)
Grape Purple 6 (15.4%)
Smoke Grey 5 (12.8%)
Total Votes: 39
Best of the Funtastic line.; Vote!
Topic Started: Jan 5 2012, 11:41 PM (2,765 Views)
TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
A lot of people had the jungle green as a kid, but personally I like the Ice Blue color the most. I think it best suits the system.
I guess it's a calming color, or maybe reminds me of candy = Jolly Ranchers Blue Raspberry!

Posted Image

=

Posted Image
Edited by TNT737373, Jan 5 2012, 11:47 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TheN64Guy
Established Member
grape for the win

Ninty64
Member Avatar
I do like the ice blue but for me the top colour is the fire orange.

Posted Image
(of the funtastic series). My absolute favourite colour scheme on the N64's has to be the Jusco version. Cool mix of colours.
Edited by Ninty64, Jan 6 2012, 12:30 AM.

SicCooper
Member Avatar
Veteran
orange was my pick too.

Posted Image

Alice Lawless
Member Avatar
N64 collection completed 7/29/12
I always thought the Smoke Grey was the most "mature" looking variant. Like, it seemed much more tough than a brightly colored console.
Facebook:
STIK ROSS
Posted Image
Posted Image
297/296 NTSC N64 [100%] (Zelda GOLD)
7/7 PAL N64 [100%]

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
I really can't vote as I like all of them. Although, the one I least like the most would have to be Watermelon Red.
Clarky & Smithy Creations YouTube Channel

85 GT Kid
I like the Fire one personally but I also like the Watermelon one (even though its kinda pink lol). Never had one though :(.

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
Instead of opting to create a "Smoke grey" in the series, I think it would have been cooler if nintendo had created a "crystal clear" design. Completely transparent, imo that would have been sick. Or maybe followed through with their extreme green controller to create a console to pair, really like that wild green, it hurts my eyes, but in a good way. :)

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

I think it would have been cooler if nintendo had created a "crystal clear" design

that would have been amazing but not instead of the Smoke Black but also available

My personal fave is the Watermelon Red and i really dont rate the Fire Orange (i dont have one yet, thats why!) :)
Posted Image

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
TNT737373
Jan 6 2012, 09:07 AM
Instead of opting to create a "Smoke grey" in the series, I think it would have been cooler if nintendo had created a "crystal clear" design. Completely transparent, imo that would have been sick. Or maybe followed through with their extreme green controller to create a console to pair, really like that wild green, it hurts my eyes, but in a good way. :)
Yeah I agree, either of these two would look sweet!!
Clarky & Smithy Creations YouTube Channel

jonebone
Member Avatar
Ice blue is the only CIB funtastic system I own. Of course I'm biased though because my favorite color is blue :)

85 GT Kid
TNT737373
Jan 6 2012, 09:07 AM
Those are both AWESOME ideas! Makes me wanna try try and make one lol. Hmmmmmm........

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I'm all about red so I voted for the Watermelon Red version, but that orange console is pretty sharp as well.

ddr2nite
Member Avatar
Controller Collecting Extraordinaire
My vote went to Smoke, even though my personal favorite color is blue but both the Ice and Grape colors show up differently under certain lights. I just think the Smoke color is the "futuristic" version of the original black/charcoal N64 console. Plus it matches the rest of the devices in my entertainment system in my living room ^_^
Posted ImageClick here to check out my N64 collection.
N64 Controllers: 30/30 Completed | ASCII Controllers: 15/15 Completed
N.A. Boxes: 8/8 Completed | Japan Boxes: 21/21 Completed
Full NTSC-J CIB Set: 198/198 Completed

"trust me, we all started with just one or two games
and then things kinda got out of hand
" - MK II

Cabanon
Elite
voted for smoke. i cant wait to get my hands on one. i located one cheaply but would cost too much to have it shipped. im gonna praise the lord that if i come by the city its sitll available.

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
85 GT Kid
Jan 6 2012, 01:03 PM
Those are both AWESOME ideas! Makes me wanna try try and make one lol. Hmmmmmm........
I've thought about the process of creating one of these too! lol. Here's what I'm thinking for the "Crystal Clear" creation:
Since a funtastic system's color stems from impregnated plastic on the exterior, there isn't a chemical product strong enough to fade the color all the way through, only distort the surface. So maybe I could dissemble my broken smoke grey console, then take the shell and switches and position them outside in the merciless Florida sun, carefully rotating the angle of exposure after each day. Leave the bits out for a total of one week and hopefully the extreme light will fade evenly across the shell? Yeah it's a ridiculous idea, and makes me feel like I'm doing an 7th grade science project, but heck it might work? I feel like the smoke is the best candidate also, and I got a scrap console free in a trade. Before I attempt this N64 blasphemy though, I'll try it on some other similar plastic items to get an idea of how well the fading penetrates. Or else you guys will be ban me from the forums for destroying your favorite funtastic console, lol.
Edited by TNT737373, Jan 6 2012, 07:30 PM.

Meptrep
Member Avatar
Dreams of Dreamcast
Voted for Grape Purple, since that was the color of my first N64. As for Funtastic series consoles I like, the Ice Blue and Watermelon are my other favorites along with the Jungle Green one, that went quite well with the DK64 Bundle.
Posted Image

zar
Member Avatar
Ice blue.

And you just gave me a huge craving for blue jolly ranchers, they were my fave when I was little.
Posted Image

Heinrold
Member Avatar
Grape for me.
I always wondered, why there was no bright, shiny yellow version of these :-/
:n64: = :)
Always many PAL games for sale:
http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/topic/7338905/1

85 GT Kid
TNT737373
Jan 6 2012, 07:29 PM
85 GT Kid
Jan 6 2012, 01:03 PM
I've thought about the process of creating one of these too! lol. Here's what I'm thinking for the "Crystal Clear" creation:
Since a funtastic system's color stems from impregnated plastic on the exterior, there isn't a chemical product strong enough to fade the color all the way through, only distort the surface. So maybe I could dissemble my broken smoke grey console, then take the shell and switches and position them outside in the merciless Florida sun, carefully rotating the angle of exposure after each day. Leave the bits out for a total of one week and hopefully the extreme light will fade evenly across the shell? Yeah it's a ridiculous idea, and makes me feel like I'm doing an 7th grade science project, but heck it might work? I feel like the smoke is the best candidate also, and I got a scrap console free in a trade. Before I attempt this N64 blasphemy though, I'll try it on some other similar plastic items to get an idea of how well the fading penetrates. Or else you guys will be ban me from the forums for destroying your favorite funtastic console, lol.
That might actually work. Only thing I see happening is the plastic seperating or getting very brittle (I know thats what happens to car interiors down there lol). All in all I say go for it lol.

Matt
Member Avatar
Kick, Punch, It's all in the mind
I'd say Ice Blue since it's closest to the console I own :p

(Super Mario 64 Console Bundle) http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00005S6YS/ref=aw_d_detail?pd=1
Posted Image

zar
Member Avatar
Make a glass N64.
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
@TNT736373: You may want to bear in mind the weird browning effect sun exposure has on N64 products, namely carts and clear white portions of vlear white/blue or red controllers.

You are probably right about chemical products not being strong enough, but if you have a pool, I wonder if daily baths in liquid chlorine might have some effect.
Edited by bluedogrulez, Jan 8 2012, 07:06 AM.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
another point... are we quite sure the colour is only applied to the outside layer of clear plastic?
i always thought the plastic was coloured through and through before the consoles were moulded.
If it is, the sun bleach method wont work
Posted Image

corE
Member Avatar
I can't vote on just one.

I think the only way any one of them look good, is next to the other five colors :D

Purtle
Member Avatar
I don't think I can vote for any specifically either.
Check out My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/Purtle28PatrickSSB

Flare Dancer
Member Avatar
Back in the day, Ice Blue was my favorite (I ended up getting Grape - my least favorite of the line - because that's all the store stocked), but now Jungle Green is.

lithium017
Member Avatar
Is Now Posting With Power
Voted for fire orange simply because it is my favorite color.
Click For Nintendo Collecting Youtube Page

N64 Consoles: 16 / 16 N64 Controllers 29 / 30 N64 Accessories: 8 / 10
NES: 32 --- SNES: 133 --- N64: 64 --- Gamecube: 78--- Wii: 75 --- WiiU: 14

cardkeeper
Member Avatar
I love the Watermelon Red and Fire Orange (Orange got my vote) but as a kid when I didn't really know much about collecting or anything like that, all I ever had were a bunch of Smoke Grey controllers.

Jbombzz64
I just got the Grape / Purple and I think it is the best looking, But I am missing is the Watermelon / Red to complete the set. I can make a better decision once I get it, but right now there is just something cool about that PURPLE!
CHECK OUT My Youtube Page 268 NTSC Carts / 12 NTSC Systems My Most Recent Pick ups: Gold N64 NTSC System for $75. 28 us games left!!!

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply