Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N64 Console Variations; All 16 Worldwide Consoles
Topic Started: Feb 1 2012, 04:21 PM (17,209 Views)
finngamer
Member Avatar
Established Member
ddr2nite
Feb 2 2012, 10:39 AM
Posted Image
Huh, it seems there are two different versions of the Battle Set in UK. My UK set includes the video tape as well (as does lithium's)

Posted Image
Edited by finngamer, Feb 2 2012, 04:44 PM.
The Collection: List , Video
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

finngamer
Member Avatar
Established Member
I updated my website with a little grid of the console variations, did I do any mistakes? Scroll down to the end of 1.1

http://finngamer.webs.com/nintendo64.htm

finngamer
Member Avatar
Established Member
ddr2nite
Feb 5 2012, 12:46 PM
finngamer
Feb 4 2012, 10:32 AM
I updated my website with a little grid of the console variations, did I do any mistakes? Scroll down to the end of 1.1

http://finngamer.webs.com/nintendo64.htm
Finngamer, here are my notes and thoughts:

Consoles (1 mistake, 1 suggestion)
- Why did you have the first row "Charcoal Black" all by itself? It should be on the second line and read "Funtastic Smoke Black/Clear Black/Charcoal Black" all in one. How is the Charcoal Black console (weird AUS release) any different than the other ones?
- I dislike the "Pokémon" row... however I'm not sure what exactly to call it but to a new collector, that naming seems confusing. Maybe add the words "Battle Set/Pokémaniacs" to the end of it or in parenthesis?

Controllers (no mistakes, 1 suggestion)
- I like the way you have the double XX for Gold in the Jap column... not too many people would understand that the first time across :yeah:
- How about switching from an "X" to something new like "!" for the Millennium 2000 and E3 controllers? Then add in the notes: ! = Acquired through giveaway/competition only (the reason is because you technically couldn't "purchase" either of those 2, but anyone was able to buy the NP100 or DK64 like the rest of the retail controllers - even if it was for a limited time through Nintendo Power only)
Charcoal Black is the name of the color of the regular console, I wasn't talking about the AUS Funtastic color. :)

I know not every line is obvious just by looking at the chart, but the longer explanations and pictures are just on top of it, so I didn't want to mess up the chart too much. People can check more info on the page if they want.

Thanks for the !-suggestion, I implemented it slightly modified. ;)

« Previous Topic · Nintendo 64 Guides, FAQs, and Information · Next Topic »
Add Reply