Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N64 Console Variations; All 16 Worldwide Consoles
Topic Started: Feb 1 2012, 04:21 PM (17,228 Views)
danilochka
Member Avatar
Weigh My Fish
I had a few corrections to make but it seems others have beat me to the punch there. Working down in columns from left to right:

Pokémon Stadium Battle Set
The variaton you have is indeed the UK one. Australia was the only other region to get this console, in that region it's known as the PokéManiac N64, the box has slightly different art work and is noticably longer

Standard Control Deck
Worldwide Release

Atomic Controller Bundle
If you wish to include this, Australia also got this bundle, though it was called Clear Purple over there

Pikachu Nintendo 64 Set
North America and Europe only. Australia never got this version released

Gold Control Deck
North American and Japan only. The best Europe and Australia saw was a gold controller bundle, with the standard system.

Funtastic: Jungle (Green)
North America, Europe, Australia

Funtastic: Ice (Blue)

Funtastic: Smoke (Black)
Worldwide. Australia did get a version of this, confusingly called 'charcoal'. See below for proof

Funtastic: Grape (Purple)
Worldwide

Funtastic: Watermelon (Red)
North America, Europe only

Funtastic: Fire (Orange)

The 5 Japanese Exclusives

Clear Blue
Japan and Europe only. The European version always comes bundled with a copy of Super Mario 64

The aforementioned Australian version of 'Smoke'

Posted Image

If you need me to provide any more pics just let me know. Console variations is something I have put a lot of research into and hope to one day have a collection as envious as yours :yeah:
Edited by danilochka, Feb 2 2012, 02:29 PM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

danilochka
Member Avatar
Weigh My Fish
finngamer
Feb 2 2012, 04:43 PM
Huh, it seems there are two different versions of the Battle Set in UK. My UK set includes the video tape as well (as does lithium's)
Yeah, there are 2 variations of the UK Battle Set. I'm not sure which came first, the one with video or without, but the answer probably lies in the code on the box's inner tab, the 2nd version will likely end in ukv-1 (or similar).

I've also heard that the Battle Set was exclusive to the (now defunct) UK shop Woolworths. That could mean the video was an extra that only the Woolworth's version came bundled with, or Woolworths was the only place you could buy either version, or that this is just a rumour and can't be disproven until time travel is invented.
Posted Image

danilochka
Member Avatar
Weigh My Fish
As far as I can see it's spot on and great to see it in an easy to follow table.

The only ammendment I would say is that the Pokémon Battle Set was UK only rather than a full EUR release. I understand this would be awkward to convey in the table, so maybe just refer to it in the detailed information above.
Posted Image

danilochka
Member Avatar
Weigh My Fish
I think they are alluding to some funtastics consoles having white / grey 'feet'
Posted Image

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · Nintendo 64 Guides, FAQs, and Information · Next Topic »
Add Reply