Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N64 collection discussion; Discuss and show your new games, collection and wishlist!
Topic Started: Apr 5 2006, 01:09 PM (110,183 Views)
lithium017
Member Avatar
Is Now Posting With Power
Please do tell how to do that mod with the rumble pack! I would love to know.

Yay MKII adding my stuff! Happy to help!
Click For Nintendo Collecting Youtube Page

N64 Consoles: 16 / 16 N64 Controllers 29 / 30 N64 Accessories: 8 / 10
NES: 32 --- SNES: 133 --- N64: 64 --- Gamecube: 78--- Wii: 75 --- WiiU: 14
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

leave it in an uncontrolled temperature storage for a couple years with the batteries

if the batteries have leaked (which sounds very likely) just write it off.
The acid has probably damaged the printed circuit board anyway and you dont want to risk getting that nasty stuff in your eyes.
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
lithium017
May 18 2011, 01:51 PM
Please do tell how to do that mod with the rumble pack! I would love to know.
You just need to move one resistor.

Here's a video that shows how:

Use Nintendo 64 official Rumble pack with no batteries

And some more info:

N64 No Battery Rumble Pack

I have done the mod myself and it does work. I did it a little different though as I removed the resistor completely and ran a straight jumper wire between the two points. :)
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

Meptrep
Member Avatar
Dreams of Dreamcast
One time I bought an official Rumble Pak, and when I put in the AAA batteries it started to burn the batteries! It didn't cause the battery to leak acid or anything, but it did fry the battery to the point where the plastic label came off the battery.
Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
added two Controller Paks (both CIB) and seven N64 games to my collection:

• Star Wars Rogue Squadron (CIB)
  • Ridge Racer 64 (box)
  • The New Tetris
  • Gauntlet Legends
  • Taz Express
  • Monster Truck Madness 64
  • NBA Pro 99

also upgraded some carts to Complete In Box status: Command & Conquer, PilotWings 64, Automobili Lamborghini, Pokemon Snap. Excellent!
Edited by Mk II, May 22 2011, 05:51 AM.
Posted Image

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
Nice finds MK :yeah:

Recently added:

Worms Armageddon CIB

and ISS 64 CIB (didn't have CI before)

Both in very mint condition.
Clarky & Smithy Creations YouTube Channel

ddr2nite
Member Avatar
Controller Collecting Extraordinaire
Recently received my big haul of items from Japan - items that have been purchased by me over the last 1 month. (No, you don't want to know how much :money: international shipping was for this whole package... it was RIDICULOUSLY expensive).

Notable rare items:
- 1 new/boxed clear blue controller
- 1 new/boxed Midnight blue controller
- 1 full new/boxed Jusco 30th anniversary set
- 1 full new/boxed clear blue set
- 1 unboxed Jusco controller (now I have 2 unboxed Jusco controllers, and 1 boxed)
- 1 unboxed GEOFFREY controller (now I have 2 GEOFFREY controllers)

Posted Image
Posted ImageClick here to check out my N64 collection.
N64 Controllers: 30/30 Completed | ASCII Controllers: 15/15 Completed
N.A. Boxes: 8/8 Completed | Japan Boxes: 21/21 Completed
Full NTSC-J CIB Set: 198/198 Completed

"trust me, we all started with just one or two games
and then things kinda got out of hand
" - MK II

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Amazing stuff, ddr.. respect!
Posted Image

regnad
Member Avatar
Button Masher
Where'd you get that stuff? Super Potato? Retro Game Camp?

ddr2nite
Member Avatar
regnad
May 23 2011, 10:14 PM
Where'd you get that stuff? Super Potato? Retro Game Camp?
All of it came from Japan's Yahoo auction site. However there are basically 3 main catches that prevent most people from buying. 1.) Knowing where to look and how to search, which leads to... 2.) Speaking/reading some Japanese and finally... 3.) Knowing how to bid/use a proxy bidding service. I use Rinkya, as they are most responsive but they are definitely NOT the cheapest.

" - MK II

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
ddr2nite has definitely joined the ranks of the elite N64 collectors!
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
joined the ranks? he is the elite! :lol:
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Mk II
May 24 2011, 07:48 AM
Yeah him and finngamer. Compared to those guys my collection just seems like a pile of junk. :D

Posted Image

lithium017
Member Avatar
Is Now Posting With Power
Nice to finally see another boxed Jusco console in someone's hands. Its very neat having the box too.
Click For Nintendo Collecting Youtube Page

N64 Consoles: 16 / 16 N64 Controllers 29 / 30 N64 Accessories: 8 / 10
NES: 32 --- SNES: 133 --- N64: 64 --- Gamecube: 78--- Wii: 75 --- WiiU: 14

Alice Lawless
Member Avatar
N64 collection completed 7/29/12
The Gods of Gaming have called me into this topic to give you my respect, sir ddr2nite.
Facebook:
STIK ROSS
Posted Image
Posted Image
297/296 NTSC N64 [100%] (Zelda GOLD)
7/7 PAL N64 [100%]

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
Nice pickups as usual Glen :yeah:

ddr2nite
Member Avatar
Thanks Mk, Grizz, Alice, and clarky ^_^

The worst part about collecting is that as you begin to round out and complete your collection, it starts getting dull as you stop finding items and it's hard to stay patient. Some people just move on to collecting other things (or just quit altogether, and sell everything as they are frustrated they can't find anymore or just lose interest... we've seen several younger folks do this in the past 6 months here on our forums). But I continue to stick with the items that I want to collect and when you find those missing items, it's quite rewarding. 8)

" - MK II

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

complete your collection, it starts getting dull

this!

is exactly what happened with my record collecting. once i got hold of the ultra-uber-rare first single WITH pic sleeve it sorta lost all meaning and pretty soon i couldnt be bothered to keep up to date with new re-releases etc. Funny thing, this collecting hobby of ours.

Edited by Mk II, May 25 2011, 09:44 AM.
Posted Image

Alice Lawless
Member Avatar
N64 collection completed 7/29/12
It's great how we could all be here for each other to support our common collecting hobby. Nowhere else we will see this much mutual support for the N64 nowadays.
Facebook:
STIK ROSS
Posted Image
Posted Image
297/296 NTSC N64 [100%] (Zelda GOLD)
7/7 PAL N64 [100%]

Cabanon
Elite
Mk II
May 24 2011, 07:48 AM
finding 1 Geoffrey controlelr was elite. now he has 2 ! thats totally amazing and probably alot here are damn jealous !!

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
no, im not jealous at all. im just happy that these rare items have been preserved and will continue to be well cared for by ddr2nite.
They wont disappear into the mist of time or be dumped in a garbage bin by ignorant owners. They have, to all intents and purposes, been rescued for the collecting community at large.
Posted Image

Purtle
Member Avatar
clarky_n64
May 23 2011, 01:27 AM
Nice finds MK :yeah:

Recently added:

Worms Armageddon CIB

and ISS 64 CIB (didn't have CI before)

Both in very mint condition.
Those are two big games to get, nice job!
Check out My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/Purtle28PatrickSSB

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Alice Lawless
May 25 2011, 11:20 AM
It's great how we could all be here for each other to support our common collecting hobby. Nowhere else we will see this much mutual support for the N64 nowadays.
This place reminds me a lot of car collecting clubs were members are always ready, willing and able to help a fledgling collector get started. It's amazing how much I've learned just by hanging around here a short while. That's probably why I consider Nintendo 64 Forever the premier N64 fan site for both people who play N64 games and collectors alike.

BTW, I'm just a semi collector but I do play many of my N64 games almost religiously. Not a week goes by that I don't put in some time with Mario Kart 64, Super Smash Bros. or F-Zero X. Occasionally I'll bring out one of my more obscure titles and spend a little time with it. It's amazing how playable many of those games still are today! :)

Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

It's amazing how much I've learned just by hanging around here a short while

ditto!

anyhow, i just received a package containing a standard N64 with two gray controllers, Rumble Pak, Super Mario 64 cartridge and a Doctor V64 (model DV64-01) "backup device" (128 Mbit) with nine ROM discs. I have won this on a local auction site. It wasnt cheap but they are very hard to find here b/c listings for copyright infringing equipment usually get removed.
Edited by Mk II, Jun 1 2011, 09:37 AM.
Posted Image

regnad
Member Avatar
Button Masher
Personally I'm more of a player than a collector. There are some genres I don't much care for (like sports) and I'm not going to buy those games just for the sake of collecting.

On the other hand I do adore my Hori pads, and if I stumble across a color I don't have in Akiba or elsewhere, I'll definitely get it.

I got a pretty two-tone wine red one last week in fact!

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
Well rather than post the new games I've recently picked up I thought I'd put up a new video on YouTube of my collection to date aswell as a load of other ramble about collecting :lol:

N64 Collection

Heinrold
Member Avatar
4th viewer of the video ;-) looks really nice, all these self made boxes and how they fit in the shelf. my shelves look more empty as my games dont fit exactly in it...

especially mario party 3 and conquer look so great in their extra boxes. how much did you pay for theses boxes?
:n64: = :)
Always many PAL games for sale:
http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/topic/7338905/1

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
Heinrold
Jun 1 2011, 06:34 AM
4th viewer of the video ;-) looks really nice, all these self made boxes and how they fit in the shelf. my shelves look more empty as my games dont fit exactly in it...

especially mario party 3 and conquer look so great in their extra boxes. how much did you pay for theses boxes?
Thanks Heinrold :yeah:

The box protectors came from www.videogameprotectors.com and they were 9 for 10. I've just checked the site and they don't seem to have them for sale anymore so I've emailed the seller asking if he is restocking anytime soon.

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
clarky_n64
Jun 1 2011, 05:51 AM
Well rather than post the new games I've recently picked up I thought I'd put up a new video on YouTube of my collection to date aswell as a load of other ramble about collecting :lol:

N64 Collection
Nice video! I like the boxes you've made and that list is pretty handy.

Posted Image

blakesleven
Member Avatar
Established Member
clarky_n64
Jun 1 2011, 05:51 AM

N64 Collection
Great collection video.I also watched one of your other videos on your portable n64.I particularly liked the ending comment "rate,comment,do what you like I don't give a s***t :D
Posted Image

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply