Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
N64 collection discussion; Discuss and show your new games, collection and wishlist!
Topic Started: Apr 5 2006, 01:09 PM (107,539 Views)
floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
Snowboard Kids 2

The sad thing is that I haven't even played it yet b/c of stupid school :angry:
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Rayman Legends, Fat Princess Adventures, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

floorcat
Member Avatar
hmmm... ummm... going into year 18 I guess? (2nd year graduate school)

I don't think I've played more than 2 hours in the last month... something for you to look forward to in "upper-academia," perhaps.

...but the semester ended as of yesterday, so time for a "gaming binge"!!! :D
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Rayman Legends, Fat Princess Adventures, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

floorcat
Member Avatar
Quote:

I just can't seem to win Banjo Tooie on eBay. I always get outbid on the very last second. <_<  It's so damn fustrating!
Yes... eBay is definitely governed by the snipers. Either you become one, or you just get really bitter and give up. So I guess all I can say is good luck. At least Banjo Tooie is a worthwhile game to go after...

Anyways, to get back to the topic, I just got Charlie Blast's Territory today. Only gotten about 1/4 of the way through, but I already believe that for a puzzler, this game is sweet!! I know it's gonna get pretty stinkin' hard and occupy my much of my gaming time while simultaneously driving me crazy.

I totally love these really obscure (but FUN) titles! :wub:

floorcat
Member Avatar
I can definitely relate... and there's often some good deals to be had through Buy it Now & eBay stores as well; it seems a lot of eBayers tend to overlook those auctions, probably because they've got slightly higher prices (which typically end up being about the same or lower than the "normal" auction winning bids).

floorcat
Member Avatar
dataDyne, how do you like Space Station: Silicon Valley? Have you gotten deep into it yet? I think that it's such a great game... that, and Rocket: Robot on Wheels are definitely my two most absolute favorite games that fell under the radar.

floorcat
Member Avatar
Mission: Impossible and Top Gear Overdrive

... haven't spent more than 2 minutes playing each, but I imagine that when/if I ever do, they'll be pretty fun. ^_^

floorcat
Member Avatar
Ragedy
Jul 6 2006, 07:18 AM
Gosh darn it N64 games are so expensive, the only copies of Banjo Tooie and Paper Mario on Trademe are $95 and $99 each!

Stupid 5% Nintendo market share country.

... sounds like I'll have to take a little trip down to New Zealand if ever I think about selling all my N64 crap!!

*realizes New Zealand is most definitely a PAL country*

D'OH!!! <_<

floorcat
Member Avatar
I think it really depends on the game and how rare/sought-after it is. It's pretty common to see sealed copies of Perfect Dark, although an excellent game, sell for less than US$5 shipped... however, sealed copies of titles such as Ogre Battle, Paper Mario, and Worms: Armageddon (in the US, at least) are perhaps among the few games that would actually sell for more than they had in stores during the N64's heyday.

... to give a more general, quick & simple answer to your question... not that much.

... but perhaps if you wait another ten years... :P

floorcat
Member Avatar
niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice... B)

Let us know what you think of it!

floorcat
Member Avatar
Just got Dr. Mario 64... my N64 puzzle collection is complete... YAY!! Big fat Blockbuster sticker all over the front label... BOO!!

floorcat
Member Avatar
As far as I can tell (still haven't spent any kind of substantial time with it), it's just like the SNES Dr. Mario... and then of course it has the 4-player capabilities, which should be pretty sweet (if ever I get to take advantage of that), and a story mode (!) apparently.

Have you been raging at Sin & Punishment thes past few days?

floorcat
Member Avatar
alxbly
Aug 8 2006, 10:11 AM
my red N64 is now under the bed in an airtight plastic storage box. 

:o ... sounds like the "collector bug" has hit you pretty hard!!

Does this mean you won't be playing your US/JP imports much from now on? :unsure:

floorcat
Member Avatar
Okay, good... you scared me there for a sec! :)

(Even though I'm a big hypocrite and don't play my imports that much.) -_-

floorcat
Member Avatar
Mop_it_up
Aug 8 2006, 09:44 PM
203 and counting!

:o Yikes!!

... and this is excluding your duplicates, right? So less than a hundred left to go, right? ;)

It's been a couple months since I've counted, but I'm guessing my collection is at best like, 50 behind yours... including duplicates & imports. At least I don't have an ambitious goal to shoot for like you do! :P

Back on topic... I forgot to mention I got Space Invaders earlier this week... it's pretty cool how a game can be full-on old-school with "beefed-up" graphics!

floorcat
Member Avatar
Wow... :blink: yeah, his collection is so friggin' sweet it makes me want to throw-up all over the place. One human being couldn't possibly be allowed to own that much cool stuff... which means that he's probably super-human... or at least has a conjoined twin. :huh:

Collections like those are beyond the point of making me jealous... like, seeing his collection actually makes me happy... happy that there's people out there like him who are basically acting as preservers of video game history... people who passionately add to and maintain their museum-quality collections... who know exactly what they've got and keep exceptionally great care of it. And share with us pictures of everything. :D

... too bad I can only make out like, 70% of the N64 games he's got... <_<

floorcat
Member Avatar
Mop_it_up
Aug 14 2006, 09:20 PM
I wouldn't be expecting the same quality as World Driver Championship, if I were you.

Yeah, it's definitely not the same kind of game, quality/gameplay-wise, as World Driver is (well, from what I can tell from the small amount of time I've spent playing Stunt Racer). From my impressions, this is definitely more of an arcade game... I'd think closer comparisons (in terms of racing genre) could be made to Rush 2049 and Hot Wheels: Turbo Racing. I wish I had played any of these stunt-oriented driving games to be more informative... but... y'know... -_-

Mop_it_up
Aug 14 2006, 09:20 PM
Oh, and now that game's gonna be harder for ME to find, now that there's one less copy in the US! Thanks a lot! :angry:

Is this game really that difficult for you to track down? :unsure: I picked up a boxed copy for $10, and a loose copy for $5 shipped... both "Buy it Now" off eBay earlier this year. (I know some horribly greedy idiot on eBay wants like, $68 & $85 for the same thing.)

floorcat
Member Avatar
... recently picked up a copy of Duke Nukem: Zero Hour.
Played it for about 3 minutes, then stuck it with the all the other "N64 games I'll probably never get around to playing/completing, regardless of how good/bad they are."

floorcat
Member Avatar
Mop_it_up
Aug 21 2006, 02:59 PM
One of the corners of the box was crushed during shipping, but other than that, it's fine.

Sounds like the seller really went all-out and used... a padded envelope... <_<
You'd think that the least they could do is flatten the box (along its creases) BEFORE they send it... but, I guess people just can't think that practically/logically/thoughtfully. Oh well... such is life.

floorcat
Member Avatar
All complete and boxed... nice one!

... but isn't MK Mythologies more of an adventure game?? Or is it the "fighting" in "adventure-fighting" you're not so keen on as well?

floorcat
Member Avatar
alxbly
Aug 31 2006, 11:12 PM
^ Cool, that's one I've been thinking about getting for a while.  What's you're impresssions of it?  Is it worth finding?

I feel like it's a little on the rarer side... esp. complete copies (an answer catering to your collector bug). ;) I think the game itself is pretty interesting... quite original and fun... distinctly reminding me of Uniracers for the SNES, if that helps.

As for your recent purchases... A++ ^_^
Hopefully they didn't cost you too too much (though I can pretty confidently insist that whatever is worth it for Rocket: Robot on Wheels).

If you want box/manual scans of (the PAL version of) Worms Armageddon, I can provide those for you. B)

floorcat
Member Avatar
alxbly
Sep 11 2006, 06:19 PM
I just won a stupid controller on stupid ebay.  It was one of those auctions that was going cheap so I bid, expecting to be outbid, but then won it.  :huh:  Anyway, it looks kinda strange:

You know, that's funny... a few weeks back I picked up a big 'ol massive N64 joystick as well... It was way cheap and I didn't think much of it... just thought it would be a good "controller" to add to the reviews section, but since then, I've been retardedly busy, so I haven't even spent that much time with it. I'll post some pictures when I get around to it. Actually, one eBay seller's selling some NEW ones for pretty cheap right now.

Because it's just so much different from a regular N64 controller, I think it's one that I'll need to get used to before I give it a fair/thorough review, so don't be expecting one until maybe sometime this December. However, I can still offer some...

First Impressions (to be deleted if/when I get the "official" review up):
I like the "dual joystick" aspect... a LOT. The left joystick is the digital D-pad, and the right one is, well, the analog stick, and then some. Because most of the buttons on the "base/platform" (which is about the same size as the N64 console) are present also on the joystick (and vice-versa), you have a little bit of freedom with how you hold/use it. The little "thumb-knob" on the joystick (next to the A & B buttons) acts as the C-button group, and your trigger finger is naturally on the Z-trigger button, however you've also got an R-button for your right middle finger on the joystick. This means you can play Goldeneye & Perfect Dark with full capability with *gasps* one hand!! It's not easy (haven't gotten used to it yet), but the D-pad joystick is there, and makes things feel a whole lot more natural, however it seems to have some trouble doing the strafe-run we all know & love. Haven't really played any other games besides PD & Turok, and Turok won't let you move/strafe with the D-pad joystick, unfortunately. The (main) joystick feels comfortable & sturdy, and the action is really nice & precise, although you have to move your hand quite a bit to push it to its extreme (opposed to just a small movement with the thumbstick on the official N64 controller). On the whole things look pretty positive with this guy, and I'm guessing Pilotwings & Aerofighter (and the like) will be pretty sweet with it. Other games, perhaps not so much.

floorcat
Member Avatar
^ You know that pressures me to write the review up earlier than December... :mellow:

;)

floorcat
Member Avatar
alxbly
Sep 23 2006, 03:39 AM
A big thank you to floorcat for posting the links to them.  ^_^

You're welcome alxbly. ^_^

dagoss
Sep 23 2006, 07:24 AM
The only N64 game I really want to get before my collection is closed is Bomber Man 64:  Second Attack.

Yeah... that's definitely a rare one... probably one of the top 5 rarest in my opinion (as far as complete copies go).

floorcat
Member Avatar
Hey niniendowarrior, where are you from? I noticed you have a significant number of jp-imports in your list... 日本語読める?バイリンガルなの?

Maybe you can answer my 実況サッカー question?

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nice Mop_it_up! Can't believe you didn't have RE2 before now!! And Bomberman 64: 2nd Attack... that's a fairly rare one!

N64Gamer
Oct 15 2006, 04:15 PM
i jsut brought Blast Corps

Good one... Blast Corps is one of the more unique titles out there that deserves to be in everyone's collection!! Hope ya like it. :)

floorcat
Member Avatar
Mop_it_up
Oct 29 2006, 10:47 AM
It is simply horribe. It is the second-worst game I have ever played. Yet I must play on...

Kill me now.

Mop... you're absolutely psycho.

floorcat
Member Avatar
Speaking of Doom 64, I just got that yesterday, along with MRC (found it cheap). I also saw some other games at my local shop yesterday, so I might just stop by again and pick those up too. ^_^ (Why the @#$5 can't I save any money???)

alxbly
Nov 4 2006, 03:03 PM
Quote:

Wait, do you celebrate Christmas?

Are you serious? :unsure: Anyway, yeah we do.

Yeah Mop... seriously!!! EVERYONE knows they celebrate X-mas in Scotland... except instead of Santa Claus, they have what's know as the "Big Jolly Bagpipe" that poops out your present when you blow into it's pipes, as long as you've been a good Scot... faithfully wearing your kilt everywhere you go year-'round.

floorcat
Member Avatar
niniendowarrior
Nov 4 2006, 06:05 PM
Great theme songs!  :lol:

That's exactly what I've heard... still trying to track down a copy of Goemon DeroDero (Great Adventure)... :wacko:

floorcat
Member Avatar
No pics?

Didn't that guy have a nice pic of all the boxes at least? ;)

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nice one alxbly!! Good to see the collector in you shine through ;) And sorry I couldn't be more helpful in determining how identical it is to the Gamecube version... but as you may recall, I've never even really held a Gamecube controller before, let alone played any of its games.

... and if the "practical" side gets the better of you, you're totally right... you could turn around and sell it for perhaps 50% more than you got it for... which is nice, considering not that many N64 games hold (let alone increase their value.

... and back on topic... the last N64 game I got was a few weeks back... Destruction Derby 64. I can say I'm pretty certain that'll be the last (US) N64 game I get for a long long time... I feel my (non-import) collection's pretty much... *gasps*... done.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: