Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N64 collection discussion; Discuss and show your new games, collection and wishlist!
Topic Started: Apr 5 2006, 01:09 PM (102,559 Views)
Kerr Avon
Member Avatar
Last week I managed to find used copies I.S.S. 2000 (Millenium), and A Bug's Life, without manuals or boxes (of course ;_; - no one seems to save the manuals or the boxes - I can understand people losing or throwing away the boxes, but why the manuals?). I wasn't after either game, but since I'd didn't have them, I added them to my collection, and I can now confirm that both games are released in PAL, in case anyone wasn't sure (I'd heard that ISS 2000 wasn't available in PAL, but I now know that it is).

I have't played either of them much, only really to make sure that they worked (though I've never seen a non-working N64 game - Hurray for cartridges :D ), but A Bug's Life seems to be a very basic platformer, and I can't see much difference between ISS 2000 and either ISS 98 or ISS 64 - it would take a football fan (I'm not) who'd played these games to tell the difference.

I think that apart from Paper Mario, Mario Party 2 and Mario Party 3, and some Pokemon game, I now have every PAL N64 game with the exception of some sports games.

In a way, it's depressing, as there are no more great games to look forward to finding, at least until I can buy an NTSC or JAP N64.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kerr Avon
Member Avatar
D.J Cat, please tell me (well, the whole board, we want this to become a repository of all N64 knowledge) the differences between ISS 64, 98 and 2000, and also how they compare to other N64 football games (Fifa, Michael Owen, etc). I'd be very interested to know how ISS 98 differs from 2000 especially, but all information on all three games would be great.

Thanks.

Kerr Avon
Member Avatar
>ISS98 Review/My comments/opinions coming...sometime!

Great! If I do ever decide to play one of them (I'm not a sports fan, but I like to try good video games), then I can follow your advice on which ISS to play.

Kerr Avon
Member Avatar
Rapueda,

Are you a PAL user? I only ask because if you are (like me) then maybe Bassmasters 2000 won't be available to you, I've never seen it in PAL. The others on your list are, though.

Of the others that you list, I'd thoroughly recommend:

Duke Nukem: Zero Hour (superb game), and

San Francisco Rush 2049,

whilst Vigilante 8 (not played the second one much) and Road Rash 64 are good fun (the latter could have been both better programmed and more feature rich, though). Winback has very different reviews, depending on who you listen to, and I thought Quake 64 was a very good port of the not-too-interesting PC game (well, the single player was a good port, the multiplayer was sadly cut down). Still, all of the games you mention are worth picking up if you're a collector. But if you like first or third person shooters (and you can play this in either mode) then definately get DN:ZH, as it's fantasic, better than most FPSs on any system, and criminally under-rated. You might have a job finding it, though, as tragically very few people bought it.

>I'll probably need to get a second memory card as well.

Pick them up whilst you still can find them. A third and maybe a fourth would be handy too, in case of breakage. I'd recommed the third party four-in one type, and also the third party four in one and a rumble pack one, but some people report bad experiences with third party memory paks. Maybe I've managed to avoid the unreliable paks, or I've got them but have been lucky until now, I don't know.

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply