Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N64 collection discussion; Discuss and show your new games, collection and wishlist!
Topic Started: Apr 5 2006, 01:09 PM (107,039 Views)
Franklint
Member Avatar
Established Member
Rocket: Robot On Wheels.

Bought it for $19 plus $5 shipping (AUD)

or

Bought it for $14.9 plus $4.9 shipping (USD)

or

Bought it for Ł7.7 plus Ł2 shipping (GBP)

A good deal I think.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Franklint
Member Avatar
Established Member
Hmm... So much for "OMG im back and ill lyke be heeps active and rite lots and lots and lots!!!!!!!!1111111oneoneonetwotwoseventy-three73". Sorry, false alarm. It seems I won't be as much of an Über Member as I pretend. I can't find many threads that I can relate to and post in. Ah well.

Just a few things.

1. I will post my N64 possessions in the morning (for I am in Australia).

2. In terms of "P" games. The best, in my opinion, is definitely Paper Mario. D*mn that's a cool game. Also, Pokémon Snap is exceptionally cool. Even if you don't like Pokémon, buy that game. It is very addicting.

That is all.

Cheers,
Franklint

Franklint
Member Avatar
Established Member
Rapueda
Apr 30 2007, 02:43 PM
You could always make your own topics.  :)

True, true. :)

Sorry for my whinging. :)

Okay, my collection is as follows. "boxed" means I have just the box, as well as the cartridge. "instruction manual" means I have just the instruction manual, as well as the cartridge "box and instruction manual" means I have the box and instruction manual, and "boxed and complete" means I have the box, instruction manual, cardboard insert, and any other brochures or posters that came with the game (if applicable):

PAL Nintendo 64 with AUS powerpoint connection.
Rumble Pak
Controller Pak
1 x black N64 controller
1 x translucent purple N64 controller
2 x grey N64 controllers
Airboarder 64
Banjo-Kazooie (boxed and complete)
Diddy Kong Racing
Glover
Goldeneye 007 (boxed and complete)
Mario Kart 64 (box and instruction manual)
Mario Party 2
Mischief Makers (boxed and complete - minus cardboard insert)
Mystical Ninja - Starring Goemon
NBA Hang Time
Pokémon Snap
Rayman 2 - The Great Escape (instruction manual)
Rocket - Robot on Wheels (boxed)
Star Wars Episode 1 Racer
Star Wars Rogue Squadron
Super Mario 64 (box and instruction manual)
The Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask
The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time
Tonic Trouble

All games and accessories are PAL format.

Cheers,
Franklint

Franklint
Member Avatar
Established Member
My current N64 wishlist (all are PAL unless noted otherwise):

A Wide-Boy 64 (rare)
Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko
An Expansion Pak
Mystical Ninja 2: Starring Goemon (reasonably rare)
Toy Story 2 (bought it off eBay as-is, but it crashes after the second-last level)
Donkey Kong 64
Mario Tennis
Pokémon Stadium 2
Yoshi's Story
Yoshi's Story International Version (rare)
Tetrisphere
Hey You, Pikachu! (NTSC)
Densha de Go! 64 (NTSC)
Animal Forest (NTSC)
Harvest Moon 64 (NTSC)
N64 Console (NTSC)
Hydro Thunder (NTSC)
Ms. Pacman Maze Madness (NTSC, unless it was released on PAL and I don't know about it)
GameShark
Passport III Plus
GB Hunter
Game Booster 2 in 1
Adaptoid

I'll be pretty much happy after that, although I also wouldn't mind to have boxes and manuals of some of my cartridge-only games, as well as some replacement controllers, as three of mine have very loose sticks.

Cheers,
Franklint

Franklint
Member Avatar
Established Member
Hello all,

Updated collection. Woo.

1080° Snowboarding (complete)
Airboarder 64
Banjo-Kazooie (box and manual)
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Beetle Adventure Racing! (manual and half-box*)
Diddy Kong Racing (half-box*)
Earthworm Jim 3D (complete)
F-Zero X (box and insert)
Gex 64: Enter the Gecko
Glover (complete)
Glover
Goldeneye: 007 (box, manual, poster, no insert)
Goldeneye:007
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (complete)
Legend of Zelda, The: Majora's Mask
Legend of Zelda, The: Ocarina of Time
Lylat Wars (complete)
MarioKart 64
Mario Party 2
Mischief Makers (box and manual, no insert)
Mission: Impossible (complete)
Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon
NBA Hangtime
Paper Mario (complete)
Perfect Dark (complete)
Pilotwings 64
Pokémon Snap
Pokémon Stadium
Rayman 2: The Great Escape (manual)
Rocket: Robot on Wheels (box)
Space Station Silicon Valley
Starshot: Space Circus Fever
Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (complete)
Super Mario 64 (box, manual, poster, no insert)
Super Smash Bros.
Tigger's Honey Hunt
Tonic Trouble
V-Rally Edition '99
WaveRace 64 (box and manual, no insert)

*I bought these off eBay, and they came with those lame "I'm going to cut the box up and put it in a VHS case" boxes. Unfortunate, but true.

You will notice that I have two copies of Banjo-Kazooie, Goldeneye:007 and Glover. I'm trying to sell Banjo-Kazooie and Goldeneye for a decent price (although my friend thinks I should keep them as spares), and I'm absolutely torn between my awesome condition, complete version of Glover with all-blank files and my cartridge-only version with my 65% completed game, including a couple of insanely hard bonus levels finished, one of which took literally hundreds of tries over several hours to complete. I don't know what to do with my 65% complete cartridge. I'm thinking I'll just sell it and start again on the other cartridge, as on this one the rest of the files could remain empty, rather than being used up.

I just posted my wishlist on (http://z9.invisionfree.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/index.php?showtopic=713&st=105&#entry13359432), so if you're in a generous mood and feel like sending something to someone, PM me for a mailing address. Call me a stooge, but hey, who wouldn't want free stuff? And I'm only half-joking :P.

Cheers,
Franklint

Franklint
Member Avatar
Established Member
Hi Mop,

Hey, sounds cool! I'm always a fan of a good puzzler, although I'm not awesome at them. Rhythmic techno beats? Sounds sweet. Gotta love appropriate game music. I'm also glad it isn't the same as original Tetris, as I suck at this game.

*adds Tetrisphere and Hydro Thunder to wishlist*

Thanks for the recommendation!

Cheers,
Franklint

Franklint
Member Avatar
Established Member
Haha, oops.

It seems I forgot to put the other asterisk that is linked to by BAR and DKR. Sorry for the confusion. Post updated :).

Cheers,
Franklint

Franklint
Member Avatar
Established Member
N64ites, I need some assistance/counselling.

Firstly, I own 42 different Nintendo 64 games. Of these 42, only 14 are CIB (complete in box). My problem is that I recently switched from collecting cartridge-only games to collecting CIB. It just dawned on me one day that I couldn't stand missing out on the awesomeness that comes with a full collection of boxes and manuals, and I kick myself for collecting cart-only for this long. I suppose I'm lucky it wasn't longer before I made the switch.

Somehow, some way, I need to replace all my existing cartridges with CIB (note: my definition of CIB is simply a game that comes with a box and a manual. Cardboard inserts, posters etc. I don't care about, although I'd rather have them than not) versions. There are a few ways to go about this.

1) I'm in need of $100 quickly for a deal for a N64 official diagnostics cartridge. I could simply sell all my cart-only, boxed only or manualed only games on eBay or locally for decent prices (I'm not going to rip myself off) either individually or in bulk to easily make up the money for the diagnostic cart, one or two other pending deals and then start slowly buying back my collection CIB.
Pros: I like having cash to spend, so getting a large quantity of it would be pleasing, and I could plan out what to spend it on.
Cons: I really don't want to have to reduce my collection to 14 games, because I'd be dragging the name of "collector" through the mud.

2) Once, a while ago now, I saw two auctions on eBay ("there are auctions on eBay?!"). One was for a bulk set of around, I don't know, 30 or so N64 boxes, and the other was for 20 or so manuals. Each sold for about the price of a good condition, reasonably high-demand, cart-only game. How common do you think these kinds of things are? Would I be likely to find a bulk sale in the near future?
Pros: Could retain my collection, and simply make each game complete, rather than re-buying the whole lot. My OCD would take off and I'd have tremendous fun organising all the boxes and manuals that came in the mail for an hour or so.
Cons: Could find myself waiting indefinitely, or for longer than I consider reasonable. Also, price for bulk box/manual lots may well have skyrocketed and I'd be paying more than I thought was reasonable. I'd have no peace of mind for a while, because I'd be worrying about this.

3) Various auction sites, such as eBay and Chase the Chuckwagon, have listings for individual/small lot manuals and boxes. These would likely be very cheap, and I could buy them back when I wanted, depending on how much I wanted certain games to be complete.
Pros: Pick-and-choose purchasing, small cost of items would allow expansion of the collection, while boxes and manuals were being bought to complete already-owned games.
Cons: Potential for the wrong version (ie UK release) of the manual or box being bought for a particular version (ie Australian release) of a game, due to ignorance on my part. This would make me very angry ;) .

4) I could simply put the anxious, OCD side of me on hold, screw the CIB collecting of already-owned games, continue goal of finishing a full PAL set CIB, and then go back and fix up the non-CIB games at the end.
Pros: A larger number of different games = more abuse from friends and relatives about how much of a nerd I am.
Cons: Boxes and manuals may become rarer, and if I can't get them, I honestly would have no use for the loose carts and would be forced to sell them for a pittance. If my games don't have a box and manual, I don't want them.

Which of these options, if any, do you think would be the best course of action? Perhaps people more knowledgable in the fluctuations of the N64 market could voice their opinions. Thanks one and all.

Peace,
Franklint (ooh, variation in my sign-off, aren't you all lucky?)
Edited by Franklint, Jan 8 2009, 08:42 AM.

Franklint
Member Avatar
Established Member
alxbly,

Thanks, once again, for your great help. Everything you say in your post sounds perfect to me, and I'll follow your guidelines to a T. You're right though; I didn't want to have to lose my save games.

I had been meaning, for a while, to set up one of those Want/Trading lists that many collectors have online. It's also a good idea to prioritise and focus on games that I want first. I've been subconsciously doing this so far, but I'll make sure to continue.

It's definitely a good idea to search used game shops. Unfortunately, I'm about 30 minutes away from the nearest one, but if I'm out in the areas I'll take more cash so I can snap up bargains on the spot. I hadn't thought of going to garage sales. If they're close that's a great idea. Great work with Majora's Mask! What an awesome bargain!

I'm happy to hear that the N64 market's pretty stable, as the prices that I'm seeing currently for games are very reasonable for me.

I've given myself two more console generations to get a full set of PAL games, which should be easy. Hopefully I'll get a full NTSC-J set in that time as well.

Sweet, I'm glad having duplicates isn't a problem. I'll keep it in mind.

Most helpful, thanks again.

Cheers,
Franklint

Franklint
Member Avatar
Established Member
alxbly
Jun 28 2009, 09:33 AM
A new photo of my boxed n64 games.

Posted Image

I've decided to start looking for complete copies of N64 games, eventually I'd like my entire collection to be boxed with manuals.
Haha, a similar decision I came to myself not too long ago! Good luck with it. I'm sloooooowly converting all of my cartridges to CIBs, through many methods including rebuying the complete game and selling my incomplete version, and buying replacement boxes/manuals from sellers who, for whatever reason, have found themselves with spares (like here).

I also own a Boom PSX/PS2/N64 adapter (yep, they all apparently work with PS2 controllers, although I've not tried one). The PSX side works great. Inputs work and are crisp, and it is highly compatible on my Mac running 10.5.8. It just shows up as a regular game controller and is fully supported in sixtyforce (the main Mac N64 emulator).

The N64 side, however, is a different story. As alxbly's note says, many controllers (I'd say at least half, but I don't have any official figures) won't work with the converter. If you're unlucky enough to have one of these (I had four, go figure), the button input goes psycho, and when you try to configure the input in something like sixtyforce, you won't be able to, as the crazy input means that you'll hit a different button to the one you intended, long before you put your finger down to set it.

Both The Adaptoid (these guys stopped updating and took the pre-ordering site down a year or more ago, and apparently ran away with the funds. Nowadays the only source is eBay, and you can usually get them there for between $100-$200USD) and one of these homemade converters should work far better, and I've heard nothing but gleaming reports for both.

I've picked up a lot of N64 stuff this year. The most recent purchase was a LodgeNet controller ($37USD shipped, I believe), and before that, a couple of official promotional posters (about $60AUD shipped for Yoshi's Story and Glover, but because it got lost in the post, I'm getting some extras to compensate for the delay). And before that, a CIB copy of Rayman 2 for $25AUD, shipped from the UK.

Cheers,
Franklint
Edited by Franklint, Aug 10 2009, 04:58 AM.

Franklint
Member Avatar
Established Member
I have never gotten rid of a video game in my life. Even the ones I hate I know I'll miss if I get rid of them.

Least of all N64 carts. I am about to sell off some duplicates, and may even sell my only copies of some cartridges, if I know I'm going to use the money to start to buy them all back CIB. Mop and I are the only loyalists on the whole damn board!

Quick note: The N64 purchase I regret the most is the UK version of Paper Mario. I had just earned $100 for some easy backstage work I did at some concert, and I wanted Paper Mario CIB. Bid on the Australian version and lost by about a dollar. Thought "meh, it's still PAL, might as well buy the UK version BIN for $111". I still haven't forgiven myself (the boxes and manuals are very different, with the lame UK black border around the cover [no offence, alxbly :) ]). I hate my UK version, and since that day, the price of Australian Paper Mario has increased two-fold, while the UK version sells for nowhere near the same price. Someday I'll get the right copy. Grr.

Anyway.

Peace,
Franklint
Edited by Franklint, Oct 8 2009, 05:55 AM.

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply