Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N64 collection discussion; Discuss and show your new games, collection and wishlist!
Topic Started: Apr 5 2006, 01:09 PM (110,882 Views)
plankton88
Member Avatar
Established Member
I got 3 games today:
Winback
Pilotwings
NFL Blitz 2001 (somebody said it was hard to find so I had to get it)

A little off subject but I also found a copy of Lunar the silver story for PS1 - Im not a big RPG fan but I couldn't pass it up for $7. I'm sure I'll get more than that when I trade it in for some more N64 games.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

plankton88
Member Avatar
Established Member
Battle Zone rare... cool just picked that up today too. Also got:

Battle Tanx
Battle Tanx Global Assault
Pokemon Stadium 2
Earthworm Jim 3D
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
Gex
Gex 3
Madden 2000
Madden 2001
Madden 2002
Bass Fishing 2000

I traded that Lunar PS1 game for all these!!! The game stores here just don't seem to care about N64 games like they do about rare PS1 RPG's.

plankton88
Member Avatar
Established Member
Most of the stores I go to now are locally owned and operated. They make their own prices on games and don't go by book prices or a computer. Didn't know this was a race? Could be fun though. Or maybe we could help each other out. What 31 games do you need? I would be more than happy to keep an eye out for you.

I will be going to the game store again today. Gamecrazy. They are the only mainstream chain in town that still carries older games. They have a killer sale right now. Any 3 games for $10. (includes NES, SNES, Genesis, Dreamcast, PS1, Gameboy and Gameboy Color) Their selection is very limited recently though. Mostly sports games and wrestling. But for the price its a deal anyway.

plankton88
Member Avatar
Established Member
Uh ohhh... Just picked up 36 more games today! Yippeee!! Nothing too exciting, but needed them. Did get a Japanese Import game called King of Pro Baseball. Anybody heard of it? Plays just fine on my system except its all in Japanese. Its kind of like snowboard kids, but baseball. And NO if a game is $1.99 you just pay $1.99. They did have a quite a few that were marked $9.99 and up like Vigilante, Fifa 99, World Track Meet, and even Mario Kart. I bought that just to trade in elsewhere. (he he the other store will give me $20 in credit for that)

That put me over 150 watch out.

The reason I even started to collect the set is because I already have most of the hard to find games out of the way. All I need now is those odd-ball games that I never bothered to buy like the sports games and such. I guess I did this backwards.

Quote:

It starts out where you can get piles of games at the store, but at some point, you'll be down to the hard-to-find games that never sell for a couple of bucks. Ogre Batttle 64, Harvest Moon, Worms Armageddon, StarCraft, the Mario Parties, and more... You'll be looking for these for a while if you don't want to spend $30-$50 on them.

I already have all of these games except for Worms Armagedeon. And doubles of some. (they make good leverage on trade-ins)

plankton88
Member Avatar
Established Member
Yeah I have to agree with you there. There is nothing like that rush of hunting down some games. When I finally finish the set (hopefully) I will probably be bored to death. It is pretty much the funest thing to do right now since winter just won't seem to end here.

Quote:

Is your system modified to play Japanese games, or were the tabs cut off of the game itself?

Actually, the game had a Blockbuster sticker on it. Weird huh? I managed to clean it pretty good. It looks like the tabs were either removed or just never there. I will post a picture later if you want to check it out. Anyway do have another Japanese game, I just play it with the Game Shark and choose "play game with no codes" and its plays just fine. I heard Sin and Punishement is good. Pretty pricy though. If I knew for sure how good it was I might fork out the cash.

Quote:

In case you're wondering, the most games I've bought at one time is 81.

I will probably keep buyng small lots of 5 to 10 at a time just as long as they are cheaper games. Just got really lucky today.

plankton88
Member Avatar
Established Member
Quote:

When you get all the games, you could start trying to get boxes and manuals for them all. That's what I plan to do.

That could be a serioue challenge. I can't even imagine how hard that will be. Then I will have to worry about storing them. Good luck with that man.

Quote:

I have the same feeling about the game. It still doesn't make any sense to me why this game wasn't released in the US. I've never wanted to pay the prices I've seen on eBay for a game I know nothing about.

Yeah me too. I did hear that the cutscenes and voice acting is all in English. That would be nice. Wonder if there is a rom out there. Could try it on my xbox first, then maybe buy it if its good enough.

By the way I bought Aidyn today. I have read mixed reviews on it. Some say its a very poor RPG and some say its very beautiful and original. Haven't played it yet. Anyone else play it? Opinions?

Quote:

I would very much appreciate a picture of the back of the cart.

I'll try to post a picture as soon as I can.

plankton88
Member Avatar
Established Member
Nice find Mop. How much did you pay, may I ask? That marker on the label is gonna be pretty tough to get off without damaging the label.

Oh yeah I missed out on an auction for a GB Hunter. It was only $20 went back to get it later and someone already bought it. :-/

plankton88
Member Avatar
Established Member
Got 2 games today:

Elmo's Numbers

Rugrats scavenger Hunt

Not super great games, I know, but can be hard to find sometimes.

plankton88
Member Avatar
Established Member
Quote:

QUOTE (alxbly @ Mar 26 2007, 01:45 PM)
What's Elmo's numbers like? I have a weird fascination with that game... but it was never released in the UK so I'll probably never own it. 

I'd imagine Elmo's Number Journey is exactly the same as Elmo's Letter Adventure, except it has numbers instead of letters. In Letter Adventure, you are asked to find a certain letter, and walk down a path of letters collecting all of the letter you were asked to get (which is usually "B"). There might be more to it than that, but even I got too bored to continue with the game.

EXACTLY RIGHT (ZZZZZZZZZ).........

plankton88
Member Avatar
Established Member
Finally bought Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness today. Been looking for it for a while. It looks a lot better than the first one.

plankton88
Member Avatar
Established Member
Quote:

So you have the original Castlevania? Would you say Legacy is different enough to warrant a purchase?

Oh yeah. Legacy is way better than Castlevania 64. Textures look better and the camera angles aren't as difficult. If you are a Castlevania fan I would recomend a purchase. Got mine off of eStarland.com. They wanted $24.00 for it. They gave me $20 credit for my Sega Genesis. So I only paid $5 for it. :D Pretty good trade I think since Sega's are a dime a dozen around my area.

plankton88
Member Avatar
Established Member
Quote:

Anyone else think Gamestop is quickly becoming the Starbucks/Microsoft of vid-game retailers?

I have always hated gamestop. Even before they quit selling N64 games. They give you really poor trade-ins and their employees have no idea what they are talking about. Plus they dont ever check their games before they take them in on trade. I have purchased atleast 3 games from there that didn't even work. I also hate it when a game store prices a CD only game the same price as the complete game. Thats just stupid. I am not going to pay $19.99 just for the disc without a manual or box.

Better stop there I can rant forever about that store.

plankton88
Member Avatar
Established Member
Bought Blast Corps today too. Its made by Rare so it should be fun. (I hope)

plankton88
Member Avatar
Established Member
Bought
Magical Tetris Challenge. Any good? havent played it yet.

plankton88
Member Avatar
Established Member
Finally added my games to Gamespot.com so here is my list:

1080 Snowboarding
A Bug's Life
Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage
All-Star Baseball '99
All-Star Baseball 2000
All-Star Baseball 2001
Asteroids Hyper 64
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Bassmasters 2000
BattleTanx
BattleTanx: Global Assault
Battlezone: Rise of the Black Dogs
Big Mountain 2000
Blast Corps
Bomberman 64
Bomberman 64: The Second Attack!
Bomberman Hero
Buck Bumble
Castlevania
Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness
Chameleon Twist
Charlie Blast's Territory
ClayFighter 63 1/3
ClayFighter: The Sculptor's Cut
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Destruction Derby 64
Diddy Kong Racing
Donkey Kong 64
Doom 64
Dr. Mario 64
Earthworm Jim 3D
Excitebike 64
Extreme-G
Extreme-G 2
FIFA Soccer 64
Fighter Destiny 2
Fighters Destiny
Fighting Force 64
Flying Dragon
Forsaken 64
Fox Sports College Hoops '99
Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko
Gex 64: Enter the Gecko
Glover
GoldenEye 007
Harvest Moon 64
Hexen
Hybrid Heaven
Iggy's Reckin' Balls
International Superstar Soccer 2000
International Superstar Soccer 64
Jeremy McGrath Supercross 2000
Jet Force Gemini
Killer Instinct Gold
King of Pro Baseball (JP)
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Kobe Bryant in NBA Courtside
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Lego Racers
Lode Runner 3-D
Mace: The Dark Age
Madden Football 64
Madden NFL 2002
Madden NFL 99
Magical Tetris Challenge
Major League Baseball Featuring Ken Griffey, Jr.
Mario Golf
Mario Kart 64
Mario Party
Mario Party 2
Mario Party 3
Mario Tennis
Mega Man 64
Mia Hamm 64 Soccer
Midway's Greatest Arcade Hits Volume 1
Mike Piazza's Strike Zone
Mortal Kombat 4
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Multi-Racing Championship
NASCAR 2000
NASCAR 99
NBA Courtside 2 Featuring Kobe Bryant
NBA Hangtime
NBA In The Zone '98
NBA In The Zone '99
NBA In The Zone 2000
NBA Jam 2000
NBA Jam 99
NBA Live 2000
NBA Live 99
NBA Showtime: NBA on NBC
NFL Blitz
NFL Blitz 2001
NFL Blitz Special Edition
NFL Quarterback Club 2000
NFL Quarterback Club 98
NFL Quarterback Club 99
NHL 99
NHL Breakaway 98
NHL Breakaway 99
Namco Museum 64
Nightmare Creatures
Nuclear Strike 64
Ogre Battle 64
Paper Mario
Perfect Dark
Pilotwings 64
Pokemon Puzzle League
Pokemon Snap
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Stadium 2
Polaris SnoCross
Quake
Quake II
Rayman 2: The Great Escape
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2
Resident Evil 2
Ridge Racer 64
Robotron 64
Rocket: Robot on Wheels
Rugrats: Scavenger Hunt
Rush 2: Extreme Racing
San Francisco Rush
Sesame Street: Elmo's Number Journey
Shadow Man
Snowboard Kids
Snowboard Kids 2
South Park
South Park Rally
Space Station Silicon Valley
Spider-Man
Star Fox 64
Star Wars Episode I: Racer
Star Wars: Episode I Battle for Naboo
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
Starcraft 64
Starshot: Space Circus Fever
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros.
Supercross 2000
Tetrisphere
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Top Gear Hyper Bike
Top Gear Overdrive
Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue
Triple Play 2000
Twisted Edge Extreme Snowboarding
Vigilante 8
WCW Backstage Assault
WCW Mayhem
WCW Nitro
WCW vs. NWO: World Tour
WCW/NWO Revenge
WWF Attitude
WWF No Mercy
WWF War Zone
WWF Wrestlemania 2000
War Gods
Wave Race 64
Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey
Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey '98
WinBack: Covert Operations
WipeOut 64
World Driver Championship
Yoshi's Story

plankton88
Member Avatar
Established Member
Didn't buy any N64 games this week, but I did buy Mario Tennis for the Gameboy Color and a transfer pak. Pretty cool. My son thought it was awesome adding new characters to BOTH games! I tried to get the new courts as well, (Waluigi court , Bowser court) but couldn't get that to work.

Does this work for Mario Golf as well? What other games use the transfer pak? Besides Pokemon. I hate... sorry I just hate the Pokemon games.

plankton88
Member Avatar
Established Member
I just LOVE YARDS SALES! Went to a yards sale this weekend and bought:
N64 System
2 Controllers
Smash Bros.
Mario Kart
Super Mario 64
Zelda OOC
Mario Party
Mario Party 2
Mickeys Speedway
Power Puff Girls

ALL FOR JUST $25!!!

I kept the Power Puff Girls because I didn't have it. Then traded the rest in for:

Zelda Twilight Princess WII
Sonic and the Secret Rings WII
Tony Hawks Downhill Jam WII

Woo Hoo finally got some Wiii games.

plankton88
Member Avatar
Established Member
Played Sonic for a little bit. Its just okay. If you like Sonic games you will like it. Its pretty much the same as usual. Except Sonic runs automatically. You just steer him left and right, jump, target, attack, push forward with the wiimote to attack and boost. The mini games in Party mode are so-so. I was hoping it would be more Mario Party like but its not. But the Party Mode is WAY better than their first attempt with Sonic Shuffle for the Dreamcast. I remember hunting that game down only to be sadly dissappointed. I would suggest picking this title up when the price drops. You should probably be able to pick it up real cheap come Christmas. I am sure my son will just love it though. I am trying to hold it back for Christmas.

Quote:

Japan only 2D Bomberman 64:

Whats that like? Bomberman second attack? or something else? I saw that up for auction once and almost bought it, but I wasn't sure if it was the same as the US versions.

plankton88
Member Avatar
Established Member
Quote:

I just got was only released in Japan and it's proper 2D Bomberman

Does it have story mode? or just battle modes?

plankton88
Member Avatar
Established Member
Besides all of the games to finish my collection the only 2 that I am really looking for are:

Goemons Great Adventure
Mystical Ninja

Can't seem to find those games anywhere.... except eBay of course. But that just takes the fun out of finding them.

plankton88
Member Avatar
Established Member
Yard Sale time again!

Picked up:

Zelda Oot

DK 64

Mario 64

Banjo Kazooie

Banjo Tooie

Space Invaders

Yoshi's Story

And they threw in strategy guides for DK, Mario and Zelda.

ALL complete with boxes and manuals. I already have them but for $30.00 I couldn't pass it up.

plankton88
Member Avatar
Established Member
More good yard sale finds:

Pokemon Snap

Monopoly

Monster Truck Madness

Bass Hunter 64

Armymen Sarges Heroes 2

Mission Impossible

plankton88
Member Avatar
Established Member
Quote:

Plankton: How many N64 games do you need to have all the US releases? You must be getting close now.

Still need about 80. I haven't been buying that many N64 games lately except at yard sales. I have been picking up mostly Wii and Gamecube games for Christmas. I am trading a bunch of old systems in this week so I will probably pick up at least 10 more N64 games then. I post my findings then.

plankton88
Member Avatar
Established Member
This isn't the actual picture of mine, but I did buy one of these at a yard sale this week.

Posted Image

and one of these

Posted Image

plankton88
Member Avatar
Established Member
Quote:

Nice finds, Plankton! How much did you pay for them?

Believe it or not..... $2.00 each. Work good too. :)

plankton88
Member Avatar
Established Member
Found Tohkon Road: Brave Spirits at a local shop today. Its actually not bad if you like wrestling games.

Plus I got:
Cybertiger
Tom and Jerry Fists of fury
Fighters destiny 2
Sarges heroes 1 and 2
Off Road
Duck Dodgers
Bottom of the 9th
Xena

Only 59 US games to go Woo Hoo!

plankton88
Member Avatar
Established Member
Bought one of these the other day. Really nice I think and just the right size. Everything fits perfectly!

Posted Image

plankton88
Member Avatar
Established Member
Got some new games last week:

Goemons Great Adventure (my son just loves this game still need Mystical Ninja though)

Vigilante 2

New Tetris (woo hooo been looking for this one!)

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply