Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N64 collection discussion; Discuss and show your new games, collection and wishlist!
Topic Started: Apr 5 2006, 01:09 PM (107,029 Views)
D.J Cat
Member Avatar
I wish game were available so cheap over here...maybe I just haven't found the right shops yet.

The last N64 game I got was Pokemon Puzzle League...well worth it.
I'll continue playing it in the future and I think it helps we with work even because of the multi-tasking and looking ahead and whatnot. :D
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Rapueda
Mar 18 2007, 12:25 AM
D.J Cat
Mar 17 2007, 03:34 AM
I wish game were available so cheap over here...maybe I just haven't found the right shops yet.

Where are you from? :)

Ahh, there is no "location" thingy.

Brisbane, Australia. B)

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Hmm, I could give you soem in-depth thougths on ISS 2000 and in fact the other games in the series, cause I've played them all to death and beyong the un-dead stage.

I paid $50 for ISS 2000 in '05 (it was in perfect condition) and I'm very happy I did.
It WAS in perfect condition until a certain fecking 4 year old thought it would be ok to take it out of the box - nearly ruin the box - lose the plastic sleeve and leave the game lying on the floor.

RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
I just got Excitebike 64 and Pokemon Snap for a good price.

Although it appears they don't work, so i'll probably have to return them. :(

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
@Excitebike: I know its awesome I used to borrow it off a friend.
Hill, climb, the desert theing and racing in general - all awesome!
Let alone, make your own track, very nice.

@cleaning them, i don't think thats the problem, i looked down under (hehe) after they wouldn't work and they appear damaged/missing a few. :huh:
So I think they are rooted. :(

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Kerr Avon
Apr 1 2007, 08:30 AM
D.J Cat, please tell me (well, the whole board, we want this to become a repository of all N64 knowledge) the differences between ISS 64, 98 and 2000, and also how they compare to other N64 football games (Fifa, Michael Owen, etc). I'd be very interested to know how ISS 98 differs from 2000 especially, but all information on all three games would be great.

Thanks.

OK.

Firstly I have very little knowledge of other soccer/football (we'll call it soccer cause it takes less letters in a word....) games on the N64.

ISS64 is a very fun and reasonably deep soccer game.
It has a basic create a player option but with enough options to make a full team of different players.
If your that way inclined you'll happily makes full teams up and take them through the International/World Cup.
Which brings me on to the next point, there is plenty of ways to play the game from a simple Open Game to playing through the World League's as I just mentioned, Penalty Kicks (PK), and Scenario which involves a usual tricky scenario where you have to come back ands win in a certain time.
For example in one challenge you are Japan and have to kick 3 goals against Brazil in the second half.

The graphics are...early N64 graphics, the crowd looks like arse, but everything else is nice enough. If you are like me you'll always play with Big Head Mode on because its so entertaining. This makes things look a little dodgy but the funniness makes up for it.

Sound wise, the music is repetitive, BUT i never really got sick of it, its a very addictive track on the menu/options.
Don't know how people would feel about it now-a-days though...
The crowd and ball noises are simple and very effective and also a few nice details like the noises when the ball slams into the post and the noises when you get tackled.
Now, onto possibly the best part of the game - The Commentry!
Its freakin awesome!
I don't know who the guys name is - I really want to know because he does such a brilliant job on this game!
It might seems a little dated now, but back then it was amazing to listen to a guy commentating our game, and still it sounds so good how he flows, and if you are like me and my friends you won't be able to stop yourself saying some of his comments at random times.
He just gets SO excited and into it...just wait till you kick a goal.
GOAL, GOAL, GOAL, GOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!
So yeah very good and still now - DAMN FUNNY commentating!

Now, the games last shorter than real soccer with halfs that go for 3, 5 or 7 minutes.
However, with penalties and whatnot the halfs usually go for about 15 minutes each on the default 5 minute setting.
So, what this means is really fun games, that shouldn't result in people getting too bored.
And its usually quite intense and frantic while it lasts.
The International and World Cup/s should keep you busy for some time, and should be a challenge for a while.
With me though I spent SO many hours playing the game that i learnt how the Computer played and could rip them apart 12-0 or something quite easily.
But thats after YEARS of playing, so don't worry about it being too easy if you buy it now.

IF you can find competent people to play multiplayer with then you might just be in heaven with this game.
Its great fun pitting your custom teams against each other OR playing an open game or even a League co-operatively.
Some of my fondest memories of the N64/multiplayer in general involved coming home after school, going to a friends and playing 4 player through the International Cup, teaching the newer players the way, and busting through on your own to kick the winning goals.
Magical Experience.

And the controls, they are good. You can use the D-Pad and it controls just as well as the stick + you won't wear out those valuable N64 Control Sticks.
Awesome!

SO its an excellent game, The End!

(Wow, I did not expect to write that much, umm maybe it goes in a different section?
Also i'll do ISS98 and 2000 another day, maybe tomorrow if I get time.)

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
I played through Blast Corps at least 5 times.

Never got sick of it.

My best effort was 37 Platinums.
I'd like to better it one day. B)

I've heard of someone getting them all, but seen no proof.

ISS98 Review/My comments/opinions coming...sometime! ^_^

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Mario No Photopi???
What does that involve?
I guess you should take No Photopi's so as to not anger Mario...

Anyway ISS98, and like the ISS64 one, its not really a review just me telling you about the game, k.

So, firstly, everything has been made a bit prettier, the menu music is nice and in general there are more options available.

For starters they added a good 20 teams or so as well as another 10 or so stadiums to play at.
They all look different to each other, and the crowd will chant in certain ways only in some stadiums.

The commentating, while more "professional" than ISS64, isn't as fun, because the new guy doesn't get quite as excited.
Still quite smooth and good though I must say.

In terms of customization, the create-a-player section (which to me is the most rewarding) has been upgraded.
You can now put in your players height, and they also get certain special abilities occasionally, so these add a bit of fun.

Computer players this time around have been beefed up so its not as easy to run a rampage on them.

SO basically this game is more polished and professional but probably a little less fun if you want to verse each other in multiplayer and have some silly fun, because the insane commentator has been replaced.
One thing I should add about the ISS games is that they are VERY memory card heavy, with 64 taking up 60ish blocks and 98+2000 both taking about 120 (the whole memory card :o )
So you need a whole memory card for each game, which in my opinion is what you want to get the most out of it, but i'm sure some people can enjoy it plenty enough without one.

------------------------------------------
ISS2000 Coming sometime.
More detail into 98 can be added if anyone asks.
SHould I add these to the review section?
Even if they aren't really reviews, they still let people know about the games....

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Wow, i went a little crazy partly base don the 30% off sale at GameTraders.
I've sent ridiculous amounts (for my standards) on N64 over the last 2 weeks. :o

I got:
Buck Bumble
Space Station: Silicon Valley
Bomberman Here
and Iggy's Wreckin Balls which is the only one I played so far.
Its fun with some funky music.
When I get a short day at work (8 hours... <_< ) then I can return the faulty Pokemon Snap and Excitebike I got and hopefully swap them for a working Snap and a Shadowman (they didn't have another Excitebike).
But I will get myself Excitebike from another shop so it'll be all good.
In the hood.
etc.

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
LOL, at the smash-related N64 games ranking.

traser that Japanese racing game with the toy car looks like/probaly is Penny Racers i think...

And woah, what an impressive collection.
My Banjo-Tooie has a different picture on the front.

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Australian version of course.

It looks like a few games have different pictures on the front to other nationality's.
The Turok games are another.

Posted Image

Thats a few years not up to date, I have heaps more games, but also 10-15 of them are being borrowed to people.
Oh yes.
Edited by D.J Cat, Dec 29 2008, 04:29 PM.

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
alxbly
Feb 8 2009, 04:57 AM
Mop_it_up
Feb 8 2009, 04:32 AM
Set them free to make somebody happy...
That gave me mental images of little N64 carts being released into Marioland-styled meadows where they are free to play and bounce around. Maybe I shouldn't be sharing that... >_<
No, that is a great image to share actually.
Good analogy :)

All of my boxes are not folded up, all box like still, I started putting them in a box from when I was about 12 or so, its a box-box I guess. :gift:
Just seemed like the right thing to do.
I'd love to display my boxes or even more so carts, but I can't think of any decent and easy way to do it.
When I get my own house, I'd love to have an "N64-room" with N64 posters, N64 boxes/games in display cabinets and an N64 or 2 set up for playing anytime. :o 8) :n64:
In other news, I also love the instruction books, they are cool, and have some cool pics of characters and whatnot.
I remember reading the Mario Kart 64 Instruction book amongst others during reading time after lunch at primary school. :lol:

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Awesome quality over quantity collection there!

Mmm, the Star Wars game, I thought they were fantastic.
Rouge Squadron s pretty damn tough though!
Very rewarding.

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Mario Party 2 is pure class, assuming you have the right kind of people to enjoy it with.
I slightly prefer 1, but only because we have an unwritten law where, if you get a control stick twiddling mini-game you just don't do it. You may lose 10-20 coins a match but you get an extra 6 months life on your control stick each time. :yeah:
Love the costumes in 2.
And how Toad humps the boat when he sees Baby Bowser.
And Donkey Kong is Indiana Jones.

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Mop_it_up
Mar 6 2009, 07:32 PM
Unfortunately I do not. If a Mario Party gets played then it's going to be Mario Party 8 because it is on the Wii. There was once when Mario Party 7 made it somehow, but anything on the N64 isn't going to interest anyone I know. Something about it being old and worthless... or some such speech that makes them deserve a smack.
hats a shame.
We played Mario Party 2 until 6AM a few weekends ago.
Awesome :)

Just bought:
Turok 3 - Going to play it once I finish Turok 2, Damn level 4, but I'm getting on top of it now. Cerebal Bore.
:yeah:
Starshot - Heard good things.
HSV Adventure Racing - Got the urge again. And my other copy is 2000+Kms away so I thought I'd reather just buy this one.
Body Harvest - People here seem to recommend it . :)

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Mystical Ninja - I've gotta finish that game.
Stopped cause I got stuck somewhere.

I quite liked the Extreme G games. Not as good as F-Zero but still good, fast paced action. Pretty coll music for memory.

Haha, Tasmanian Devil.
I used to live there. Its funny when people think Tasmania is a made up place. :lol:

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Nonoke
Mar 27 2009, 03:10 PM
-Snowboard Kids 2 (as childish and dorky as it seems, it's a blast)
WHAT!?

Snowboard Kids 2 is a legend!
Brilliant game, multiplayer with the right people is a blast.
As a matter of fact I'm having a tournament for the game in about 7 weeks. Will be recording matches and getting excited.
Its definitely under-rated, it beats Mario Kart 64, far more balanced, yet still fun as.
Only Diddy Kong Racing can beat it in the "Item Based Racing Game" genre I believe.
And the music! :yeah:

:n64:

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
@Alx:
I love the cover art for Banjo-Kazooie, so good!
Also, impressive Box collection!

@Yoshi64:
Snowboard Kids is DEFINITELY worth it, especially if you have people to play multiplayer with. Love that game! And the music in it!

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
What part of Australia...out of curiosity.
We just had 4 people join the smash scene, all using the name DORF in some way. :lol:

Haven't bought nay N64 stuff in a while...still got too many other games to finish first.
And multiplayer gets most of the business, and I have all the good multi games as it is.

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Feb 15 2010, 11:17 AM
Might as well get a job first.
Haha, yeah.
Thats cool though.
Not many kids these days have enough respect for the :n64: , and you want to work JUST to play it.
Thats dedication. :yeah:

And yeah, debit cards are absolute win.
Paying with your OWN money, I wouldn't do it any other way.
Credit cards ARE stupid and worth hating, the concept behind them is utterly stupid as well.

Good luck! ;)

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Ebay is pretty good, but you should still check 2nd hand shops, etc, you can find some of th emost unbelievable bargains by dumb luck.
Few years ago the video shop near where I lived was selling off all its N64 games for $5 each. Still kinda kicking myself for not buying Paper Mario!
But I got 8 games for $40 including Donkey Kong 64 WITH an expansion pak.
And my friend got Perfect Dark with expansion pak for the same price.

Also, its really encouraging to see people your age appreciate the N64.
I've been playing N64 with someone your age a bit lately, even though everyone else was playing new games (mostly Brawl in the other room), it good too see some people play games just because there more fun and not care that they're old.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply