Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N64 collection discussion; Discuss and show your new games, collection and wishlist!
Topic Started: Apr 5 2006, 01:09 PM (102,409 Views)
FoxC
Member Avatar
Annual Visitor
Just won an auction for Mario Kart; never had this game before but my friends and I played it on a school trip and had some fun; I've been needing a good multiplayer game, too.

Looks like it's in really good condition with all the manuals and the box looks very nice. The sellers other auctions all include boxes which look really nice as well so I figure they take good care of their games. :D

(Also got a good copy of ssbm from em; Should be $20~ altogether)
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

FoxC
Member Avatar
Annual Visitor
Got the games just yesterday and both are in mint condition :D I didn't even used to take care of them THIS good (course I got the n64 when I was five :P )

I haven't played MK64 yet but don't remember getting frustrated with the controls, either. I've played some Double Dash; more than MK64 probably. Haven't been a fan of the Mario Kart series; probably because I don't usually have people over to play with...I usually have nothing to do! :P Really I wanted a good multiplayer game to play if anyone ever came over; Had next to nothing as in multiplayer games.
Posted Image

FoxC
Member Avatar
Annual Visitor
Same here. I remember searching for retro games at pawn shops; mainly FF7 since I had just seen it easily selling for $50 on ebay (gh, open) soon after I had bought it for $15 sealed. It was a while ago and I don't remember there being any N64 games or they must not have worthwhile. I did see FF7 for $30 at a mall a ways a way from my house a month or so ago but it had been a while since I "checked in" on the value and I was on my way out. They may have even have had N64 games; I'll check when I go back.

Seeing this thread, I figure I'll stop by some pawn shops again.

As for Gauntlet Legends, I always enjoyed it. Even played it to the end. Mainly because I had a history with it, just as I had with many N64 games. I remember my cousin and I would play it together a lot and it was a lot of fun for us. Mop it up is probably right; it's fun in multiplayer. Since that's how I started playing it, playing it even by myself reminded me of those times. Still, a great multiplayer if you know someone that would play.

Great take by the way.
Posted Image

FoxC
Member Avatar
Annual Visitor
I went to the flea market today and got some decent deals:

1st load, $20
N64 w/power and RF
green controller
grey controller
Mario Kart 64
Star Fox 64
(all in fair or bad condition)

3rd load, $15
Official Expansion Pack
Super Smash Bros. 64 (Good~Great Condition)
(NES Metroid)

(The 4th load is SNES related, but a decent deal)
4th load, $8
SNES, w/2 controllers (didn't find power adapter there, said they'd have it for me next time if they find it)
Super Mario World
Super Mario Kart (both in great condition with sleeves!)

5th load, $1
N64 Extension cable
N64 power adapter (to bring my console:power adapter ratio from 3:1 to 4:3)
SNES Controller

(The 2nd load is unrelated to N64, but may turn out to be a great deal)
2nd load, $2
3 SEGA games
A Fluke 80K-6 HV Probe; I only bought it since it's from Fluke. Here is one on ebay I'll watch to get an idea of its worth: http://cgi.ebay.com/Fluke-80K-6-HV-Probe-High-Voltage-Probe-/400181332180?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d2caa88d4. If it sells for the list price or greater, this will be the best deal I got.
Posted Image

FoxC
Member Avatar
Annual Visitor
I'm sure we all dream about the treasure chest in disguise. It motivates me to go to yard sales and flea markets when I read about crazy finds.

At my flea market, there's usually only one guy that has decent products (Nintendo, but also a soldering iron valued over $20 and etc) that will sell it for cheap (usually $1 an item, whether its a bad controller or Twilight Princess for GC). Today I went earlier than normal and found a guy that specifically sells games, many vintage (says he gets great deals at storage unit sales). The "problem" with that is he has an idea of what is worth more and what is not. It's better quality than usual, though. He's where I got the load with Super Smash Bros. and it is in great condition compared to the Star Fox load.

The best thing about the Fluke deal is I'll actually sell it. I find deals on games and take a while to/never convince myself to sell them. I figure I'll sell the SNES games before I get too much into SNES (these are the first SNES products I've owned).
Posted Image

FoxC
Member Avatar
Annual Visitor
Mk II
Jan 3 2011, 03:35 AM
Quote:

Everything gets cleaned and tested before it officially makes it into my collection. I'm very anal about those kinds of things

that's not anal, that's just being sensible :)

i buy & sell a lot of consoles and cartridges and i always clean everything. you won't believe the dirt and gunk i find sometimes; it's really gruesome
Same here. I try to clean everything that I get, too. I've found the worst of it all to be with controllers. It makes sense because they are interacted with the most, but many have buttons so stiff with gunk they are impossible to use before I clean them.

That's a great collection, LordXaero. I'm glad you found this place and shared your collection with us; new members are always welcome. I've seen the Cover Project before and when I see how great those cases look on your shelf I'm tempted to do the same thing.
Posted Image

FoxC
Member Avatar
Annual Visitor
I hadn't heard anything about Nightmare Creatures but I remember the box art when I looked it up. Sounds to be an interesting game. I'll plan to play it one of these days.
Posted Image

FoxC
Member Avatar
Annual Visitor
Great link, Mk. I had not seen this site before, either.
Posted Image

FoxC
Member Avatar
Annual Visitor
Spent a lot of time and some money at the mall today. Saw a copy of Diddy Kong Racing for $4 so I went ahead and got it. I know it's popular and thought it might be worth a decent amount. Highest I see it sell for is $8 on eBay, but didn't have it already.

Is dirty, but the label is intact and the price sticker doesn't cover the label.

Ridiculous when they put a big price sticker on the label of a game, especially one they want to sell it for $55 (have seen a Chrono Trigger this way).
Posted Image

FoxC
Member Avatar
Annual Visitor
Crazy price for that Banjo Kazooie CD. I have a Majora's Mask remastered soundtrack (JN):

Posted Image

That's it for me. I listen to it occasionally, some cool tracks on it.
Posted Image

FoxC
Member Avatar
Annual Visitor
Went to the flea market last weekend:

Posted Image

The green N64 w/Quarterback club and a power adapter was $15 which was more than I wanted to pay for a console. Especially since it didn't have AV cords since I have 2 for 6 consoles. It is in great condition and I didn't have a colored console so I went ahead and got it. The gameboy case came with it.

The FF7 discs are loose in decent condition and were only $10. I plan to sell them since I already have a complete copy of FF7. Got the Official Expansion pack from the same guy for $2. Put it in my newly acquired Jungle Green N64!

I saw a Sega Nomad along with games, case, power adapter, etc for 8 initial (could work to 5 I figure) but wasn't sure on its worth and didn't want to end up with a paperweight like I got with the gamegear with a broken screen I got the last time.
Posted Image

FoxC
Member Avatar
Annual Visitor
markfall
Aug 5 2011, 02:31 PM
Cabanon
Aug 4 2011, 08:02 PM
holy crap, did you ask how long they had this set ? geez dude, thats a very very very good find you got there. out of curiosity, how much you asking ?
I just listed it on ebay as an auction, so I can't really say. whatever the market bears, I guess.

I really wish I didn't have to sell the damn thing.
That is a great find and a shame to sell it if you want it. Alas; priorities.

Haven't been to the flea market in a while but last time I was there I got a Banjo Kazooie VHS Tape with an okay condition box and Nintendo RCA cables to help even out my RCA cords to console ratio.
Posted Image

FoxC
Member Avatar
Annual Visitor
SengerCJ
Dec 11 2011, 05:22 PM
Updated nintendo 64 collection pictures:

Posted Image
I feel nostalgic when I see those N64 boxes stacked up, especially Donkey Kong 64. ;_;

I took a minute to let it soak in.
Posted Image

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply