Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N64 collection discussion; Discuss and show your new games, collection and wishlist!
Topic Started: Apr 5 2006, 01:09 PM (111,421 Views)
Vyothric
Member Avatar
Most Frantic
Luckily I'd kept all my games in one big box, but as for everything else it was much like re-assembling a jigsaw. The N64 was in one place, controllers in another (one of which I still haven't found), power lead in another different box. It's mostly all as it was back in the day - the exceptions being the NTSC N64, a 2nd PAL N64 which I acquired recently (The N64 I originally bought is the one that came in the box), a few extra controllers.....

(Click for full-size)

Posted Image

I know, I know...3 copies of Goldeneye. But there's a good reason...really. The first (unboxed PAL) was a shared copy I bought with my sister. It was bought new and was supposed to come with a box...it just didn't. Then there's the unboxed NTSC version. And finally I decided to get a boxed PAL version. As for the two copies of F-Zero X, I thought I'd lost it....which I hadn't.

Posted Image

I won this from "64 Magazine". See here

Posted Image

Not sure if it's worth mentioning but the Ocarina of Time is the Australian PAL version, not the NTSC:

Posted Image

I also have these, which are rather cool. I had the Zelda one on my N64 many years ago. However, I must have thought it would get ruined and thus removed it.

Posted Image
Edited by Vyothric, Nov 13 2010, 08:47 PM.
Posted Image Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Vyothric
Member Avatar
Most Frantic
Alice Lawless
Oct 25 2010, 06:10 AM
I felt so nostalgic reading an N64 magazine :D

So what were your times in Quake II and Episode I Racer?
I'll have to get out the magazine and check. I don't think they were very interesting. I remember that in the magazine a lot of the Goldeneye times in particular seem to have been made using Action Replay/Gamesharks, so I just went with quantity - sending in anything I had a time/score for.
Edited by Vyothric, Oct 25 2010, 11:18 AM.

Vyothric
Member Avatar
Most Frantic
Some more scans from 64 Magazine. They're probably all useless, but sending in times for Diddy Kong Racing/Goldeneye wasn't much of an option. I left out the page with those two games on, as for an example of the times.....32 seconds on Ancient Lake for DKR and 22 seconds on Depot for GE. I think the WR's for those are 42 and 25 seconds respectively. Not that I had world record times anyway, but still... -_-

As for Ocarina of Time...I'd rather keep it :P

Vyothric
Member Avatar
Most Frantic
Error. System Overload.

*short circuits*

Vyothric
Member Avatar
Most Frantic
floorcat
Oct 25 2010, 06:45 PM
Nice collection there, Vyothric... having anything won from a contest I'd say is extra special... especially if it was YOU who won it!! And those console skins... I don't think I've ever come across them before. Very cool to see!!
Thanks 8)

All the games that didn't use memory cards still have the times on, if you wanted pictures or anything :P Unfortunately my old memory cards have long since crapped out. My gold one from that picture is one of them. I changed the battery, which fixed the lights...but the N64 refused to acknowledge its presence.

Vyothric
Member Avatar
Most Frantic
I have one of those blue controller key chains that shows the time. It's buried in a box somewhere though as the battery ran out many years ago and I don't think I was able to open it at the time. I'll have to try and dig it out. I'm still missing a red controller and an extension lead too....

Vyothric
Member Avatar
Most Frantic
Several boxes later.....

Posted Image

Vyothric
Member Avatar
Most Frantic
Posted Image

:P

Vyothric
Member Avatar
Most Frantic
I could do with a new one, this one has seen better days...

Vyothric
Member Avatar
Most Frantic
I thought the whole "post every time you buy something" was rather boring, so I waited until I had a few new games.

Posted Image

I forgot to get Turok 3 in the picture, but it's not boxed so it doesn't matter.

Vyothric
Member Avatar
Most Frantic
Mk II
Dec 30 2010, 11:54 AM
well of course it is but that doesnt matter, does it? its a Japan-only release, CIB in excellent condition and therefore very desirable to me. heck, if i would actually have to play all the games i buy i would never get anything else done!

That post is like a knife through a gamers heart :P

Vyothric
Member Avatar
Most Frantic
Coorsy101
Jan 8 2011, 09:37 PM
I have wicked OCD when it comes to collecting things
It seems to be compulsory among collectors. Even if you're not, once you've passed a certain number of games it becomes inevitable...much to my dismay as I now have 60 games.

I didn't want my game boxes getting damaged, so I bought this plastic drawer thing to keep the cartridges in. I stuck labels on each drawer, listing the games in each one.

:facepalm:
Edited by Vyothric, Jan 8 2011, 10:12 PM.

Vyothric
Member Avatar
Most Frantic
Coorsy101
Jan 8 2011, 10:28 PM
Ive also been contemplating the idea of just storing it in the basement. We have the main room which is just bare. I would definately be able to fit a complete N64 Collection down there (if i ever succeed in getting one).
Why do I get the feeling it'll be locked and will only open with an :n64: shaped key :P

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply