Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N64 collection discussion; Discuss and show your new games, collection and wishlist!
Topic Started: Apr 5 2006, 01:09 PM (107,537 Views)
Coorsy101
Member Avatar
awesome collection! i too love the wall mount idea. its a nice touch.

Which power magazines were the DK and Millenium 2000 Adds in? the pawnshop up the street has all those magazines for like 5 bucks each.

Thanks!!

Coorsy101
American

Controllers: 12/19 (9/15 Boxed/Sealed)
Systems: 1/9 (1/9 Boxed)

Japanese

Controllers: 7/18 (6/18 Boxed)
Systems: 1/10 (1/10 Boxed)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
alright. like i said the pawn shop down the street has a bunch of them for 5 bucks. so im gonna do some research and see what the issues look like. then cross my fingers and hope they have it!

Thanks

Coorsy101
American

Japanese

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
Hey Everyone!

So its been a couple weeks since ive started collecting for the Nintendo 64. Heres what I got.

My first N64 Purchase was actually 2 games.. Super Mario 64 and 007 goldeneye, both complete in the box. i got them both for under 30 so i couldnt pass on the deal (even tho i didnt have a console at the time)

Then i went down to a local pawnshop where i happened to know the guy running the store. I got the Jungle Green system with 2 controllers for 25 bucks! One controller is like brand new i dont think it was ever used. the other had some dirt and the joystick is eh. but anyways all around good deal in my opinion. ( I go there often now that i know he doesnt really know the value of nintendo 64 items and on top of that he gives me discounts)

Since then ive boughten about 30 game carts. Including titles like conkers bad fur day, Majoras Mask, goldeneye, super smash bros, and DK 64.

I also purchased the extreme green controller the other day at a different local pawnshop.

But today has by far been the best of them all... First off I recieved my Donkey Kong Promo Controller in the mail. when i first got it i was very upset because it was an absolute mess. thankfully it was all just dirt and now it looks nice and spiffy. Joystick is pretty tight as well.

Today also was the day that I purchased the Daiei Hawks Limited Edition complete console!!! :dance: I cant wait till it arrives at my house! The fact that my second console purchased is one of the rarest in the world cracks me up. But hey better sooner than later right? lol.

Anyways thats what ive got so far. Let me know what you think!
Thanks

Coorsy101
American

Japanese

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
Thanks!!

the funny thing is when i first started i just planned on getting a system and then collecting strictly games. now ive put games on the backburner and have just been going after controllers/consoles. gotta love it.

-Coorsy
American

Japanese

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
Melanie- thank you! :) I find myself doing that exact same thing. Everytime i see a rare item i want to buy it. but ddr2nite gave me some good advice today. that i should stick to collecting one thing at a time and then move on. for example just collect the original six atomic controllers, once thats complete move onto funtastic and so on and so forth. But I cant help but to buy the rare items when i see them pop up on ebay or on the shelf at local pawnshops haha. oh well!

I definately plan on letting you guys know about each one of my pick ups throughout my collecting! I havent really considered posting videos on youtube, maybe sometime in the future. But i will promise that i post pictures and descriptions of my recent purchases : )

Purtle- I think ive gotten somewhat lucky in my start to collecting. Both in finding items and getting them at good prices. Also, i have a habbit of getting into things full blown hardcore. Ill give it 200%. Thats just my personality. but im sure there will be items you buy before me along the way. it all depends on where you start!

The best way to find anything your looking for will always be ebay, like melanie said. For me personally, i have 2 pawnshops within 10 minutes from my house. One of these is absolutly perfect for videogame collectors. Half of the store consists of everything videogames from ataris and NES's all the way up to the 360s and PS3s, they have thousands and thousands of games. There is also a flea market every sunday in my area that has quite a few retro gaming spots. As far as finding these pawnshops/flea markets, just google search them in your area theres bound to be something.

Forums such as these can also come in handy. Members often are looking to sell/trade items. Even if they arent personally looking to sell/trade, they can help lead you in a direction to obtain items.

Thanks again guys!

-Corey
American

Japanese

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
bahhh! i love your collection! i cant wait till i get mine to look like that someday : )

-Corey
American

Japanese

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
haha MK i feel you on that one. Im 20 and still live at home with my mom. i have my bedroom and thats it. im trying to figure out the best ways to display my items using the most sufficent space. i dont know what im going to do when i run out of room!

-Corey
American

Japanese

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
Mk II
Nov 18 2010, 02:11 PM
Kami, don't worry; i reckon i'm already way beyond crazy.

Today i tried to explain my exciting find to a co-worker but they (= normal people) just dont get it, do they?
When i said i would never actually use it (perish the thought!) he looked at me and just sighed. And this guy is a gamer!
So i'll say it again: im really really happy to have found a bunch of like-minded lunatics here.

Meanwhile... im about to buy another useless piece of moulded plastic (DK controller) from Coorsy101. One is temped to exclaim "woot!"...

hahah i think we are all with you on that one buddy... i go to work full of excitement after a new purchase and cant help but to tell everyone. I go all out and explain every little detail and they look at me like i have 8 legs...

Im proud you say that im honored to be your like minded lunatic friend :yeah:

And you should have another PM in your inbox regarding the controller!

-Corey
American

Japanese

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
I got my Red N64 Controller (boxed) in the mail today. its in great shape so im pleased with my purchase.

Now i only need the blue and green and i will have completed the original 6 NA controllers.

-Corey
American

Japanese

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
Those are some great pickups FoxC. Im sure youll have no problem doubling your money on most of these items!

I wish there were deals like this at my flea market. Stands at my local flea are dedicated to specific products. So its either they sell videogames, or they dont. And the ones that do are pretty much asking full blown retail, so its hard to get a great deal.

Im still waiting on the day that i walk past a random vendor who just has a random box of n64 stuff. I ask how much for the whole thing, and they say something like 20 bucks. JACKPOT. I replay this imagination over and over in my head everytime i go to the flea market hahaha

-Corey
American

Japanese

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
Finally after what seems like months of waiting, i got 2 more controllers in the mail today! Both of them are the japanese atomic purple controllers (boxed).

Post is soooo slow this time of year and it killlls me!

1 step closer to a complete collection :)

Corey
American

Japanese

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
Sweet find Mark!!! I have one of those systems complete on hold at the moment. Once he gets back from vacation, he should be shipping it out!!

Anyways today i received my first ASCII Pad! Its silver/black and i loooove it! Ive actually never used one of these controllers before, so im definately going to test it out!

I was getting a little nervous about this package. I tracked it the other day, and it went right from new jersey to new hampshere. Now for those of you who are geography wizz's, thats going right thru massachusetts... I guess i can blame the 2 ft of snow new england got sunday and monday. Airports havent been able to land, or send out planes. And they say it may take into the new year till everythings back up and running!

So if you have any packages that go thru any parts of where the blizzard hit, you should expect up to a week delay!

-Corey
American

Japanese

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
First off, welcome!!!

and that thing is a BEAST!!! but i love how its shaped like an N64, thats extremely clever. I wish i had the skills to make a portable. Even tho i wouldnt play it, it would be cool to have/show off.

Did you serve in iraq and bring that with you or something!? hahaha

-Corey
American

Japanese

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
wow, i didnt even look at it close enough to realize its actual size..still, great job!

how long did it take to make?

-Corey
American

Japanese

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
Yes you are correct, I think its spelled Jusco tho. ive seen it both ways...

Anyways, its known exactly by the Jusco 30th Anniversary System. It was released in japan and sold only in jusco stores.

That bundle with the 64DD and Jusco must have cost you a pretty penny..

I also LOVE those game cases you have. At a first glance i thought they were the actual boxes..thats how great they look :yeah:

-Corey
American

Japanese

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
Yes this is said to be one of the rarest ones. That along with the Daiei Hawks, which is a clear orange/black japanese system. I took a picture of mine in the box and i think it may be on this thread, should be a page or 2 back if you want to check it out.

As of now im collecting systems and controllers, but when it comes time to collect the games, i think i might use that idea. I never really planned on getting all the games CIB. This way it will be alot cheaper, and i dont have to worry about damaged boxes :D

-Corey
American

Japanese

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
:blink: 43$ for a single case!?!?! thats crazy! i could get like 10 games for the price of a single case haha. Might be cheaper to buy some of the lesser popular games Sealed lol

-Corey
American

Japanese

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
haha, that makes ALOT more sense... Thanks for pointing that out as well.

-Corey
American

Japanese

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
LordXaero
Jan 7 2011, 10:16 PM
While it may seem like a simple print out on a piece of paper, believe it or not, having covers and cases for your older games really adds to the over all satisfaction of having a collection.

I'm glad I can spread the idea around.
I cant tell you how much i agree man. I was beating myself up because i didnt want just loose carts for my game collection. Then again, i cant afford to get a complete boxed collection for the N64, so it was really like a catch 22...

Now with "the cover project" i can collect all the game carts, and just make my own boxes for them. The only con is that they arent the original boxes of course. But they will stand the test of time, and honestly, i think they look AMAZING!

I do plan on getting some of the big names in their original boxes tho, such as the zelda's, conkers, mario games and all that.

-Corey
American

Japanese

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
Alice Lawless
Jan 8 2011, 04:44 PM
My collection put into a spreadsheet

If anyone wants this template, I can cut out all the marked ones and upload it plain.
Ive got one of those spreadsheets uploaded to my google documents. I have games, controllers, systems, and accessories :lol: . I have wicked OCD when it comes to collecting things so a checklist was a must!

I actually need to update my game list. Right now its just a straight up list. Id like to break it down so i know which ones are strictly japanese, north american, and PAL.

-Corey
American

Japanese

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
hahaha.

I guess we all have our cumpulsive ways on storing out games...

Im going crazy right now because i still havent bought enough shelving to display what i do have so far... I literally have things just piled up on my floor, and its KILLING ME!!!

I need to go clean house at ikea sometime soon. I need at least 1 BIG bookshelf, and then other wall-mounted shelves to put above my bed and TV.

Ive also been contemplating the idea of just storing it in the basement. We have the main room which is just bare. I would definately be able to fit a complete N64 Collection down there (if i ever succeed in getting one).

-Corey
American

Japanese

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
Actually, i was thinking more along the lines of arming it with a security mechanism. Kinda like you would for your house in general...

Except with this, instead of entering just a regular code, i have to enter my record times for the mushroom cup in mario kart.

Of course only i will know this... and maybe my mom (after asking for permission), only because she needs to access the laundry machines : P.

-Corey
American

Japanese

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
Thats siiick Bohser!

I had a local Blockbuster in which i rented my games from, but they always just had the standard blockbuster case with the title written on the spine. Not nearly as cool as the one you have..

Im trying to think how they displayed the game. I think they may have just had the original box in a plastic case, but im not sure.

I wish there were places around that still rented out retro games!

-Corey
American

Japanese

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
Purtle
Jan 27 2011, 07:33 PM
I got the boxed rumble pack and war gods complete recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3s6e75Pbao - War Gods

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0LhAosBlZU - Rumble Pak

This leads me to a slightly off topic question.

I really need help as far as prices of boxed/complete games. I have no clue what kind of prices I should be looking for since some games are more expensive than others. People give the advice of "look at the prices on ebay" I don't really see how that helps though because a lot of the time they are overpriced/whatever. How do I know I have found...a good find/cheap price?
your going to have to be more specific as to what games.. N64 has a worldwide library including just over 400 titles (i believe). So unless someone on here is an N64 Almanac of somesort, its going to be hard.

I dont think "Look at ebay prices" is a stupid idea at all. I mean you may get some overpriced.. but you base it off the AVERAGE... if there is only a couple of a certain game your looking for, and you think its a little expensive, chances are its not overpriced..

-Corey
Edited by Coorsy101, Jan 27 2011, 08:45 PM.
American

Japanese

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
Wow, thanks MK!

I didnt know a site like that even existed. I will definately be reffering to this when the time comes and i start collecting carts.

I like how is also shows prices on amazon, and Half.com!

-Corey
American

Japanese

Coorsy101
Member Avatar
I dont think age matters when it comes to n64 collections. I wish i saved all my games when they were first released. I would have had a steller collection at the age of 10!

-Corey
American

Japanese

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply