Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
N64 collection discussion; Discuss and show your new games, collection and wishlist!
Topic Started: Apr 5 2006, 01:09 PM (106,930 Views)
Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
my N64 cartridges (108 PAL games, 36 boxes and 38 manuals):

007 Golden Eye
007 The World Is Not Enough
1080 Snowboarding
A Bug's Life
All Star Tennis 99
Banjo-Kazooie
Beetle Adventure Racing
Bio Freaks
Blast Corps
Body Harvest
Bomberman 64
Buck Bumble
Carmageddon 64
Castlevania
Chameleon Twist
Clayfighter 63 1/3
Command & Conquer
Daikatana
Dark Rift
Diddy Kong Racing
Donkey Kong 64
Doom 64
Dual Heroes
Duke Nukem Zero Hour
Earthworm Jim 3
Excitebike 64
F-1 World Grand Prix
F-Zero X
F1 Pole Position 64
FIFA '98
FIFA '99
FIFA 64
Fighters Destiny
Fighting Force 64
Forsaken
Gex 64
Glover
Hercules
Hybrid Heaven
Hydro Thunder
International Superstar Soccer 64
International Superstar Soccer 98
Jet Force Gemini
Knife Edge
Lamborghini
Lego Racers
Lode Runner 3D
Mario Kart 64
Mario Party
Mario Party 3
Mario Tennis
Mickey's Speedway USA
Micro Machines 64 Turbo
Mission: Impossible
Monaco Grand Prix Racing Simulation 2
Multi Racing Championship
Nagano Winter Olympics 98
NBA Courtside
NBA In The Zone 2000
NBA Live 2000
NFL Madden 99
NHL Breakaway 98
Olympic Hockey Nagano '98
Paper Mario
Penny Racers
Perfect Dark
Pilotwings 64
Pokémon Puzzle League
Pokémon Snap
Pokémon Stadium + Transfer Pak
Pokémon Stadium 2
Quack Attack
Quake
Rayman 2
Roadsters
Robotron 64
Rush 2 Extreme Racing USA
San Franciso Rush Extreme Racing
Shadow Man
Snowboard Kids
South Park - Chief's Luv Shack
Star Wars Episode 1 Racer
Star Wars: Shadows Of The Empire
Starfox Lylat Wars + RumblePak
Starshot Space Circus Fever
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros.
Tetrisphere
Tigger's Honey Hunt
Tonic Trouble
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Top Gear Hyper Bike
Toy Story 2
Turok 1 - Dinosaur Hunter
Turok 2 - Seeds Of Evil
Turok 3 - Rage Wars
V-Rally 99
Waialae Country Club - True Golf Classics
War Gods
Wave Race 64
Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey
Wipeout 64
World Cup 98
WWF Attitude
Xena - Warrior Princess
Yoshi's Story
Zelda - Majora's Mask
Zelda - Ocarina Of Time

my N64 hardware:

Nintendo Atomic Purple controller
Nintendo Black controller
Nintendo Blue controller (3)
Nintendo Charcoal Black console
Nintendo Clear Blue console
Nintendo Clear Blue controller
Nintendo Controller Pak (2)
Nintendo Grape Purple console
Nintendo Grape Purple controller
Nintendo Gray controller
Nintendo Green controller
Nintendo Ice Blue console
Nintendo Ice Blue controller
Nintendo Jumper Pak (7)
Nintendo Jumper Pak ejector tool
Nintendo Jungle Green console
Nintendo Jungle Green controller
Nintendo Memory Expansion Pak
Nintendo Pikachu console
Nintendo Pokémon controller
Nintendo power supply unit (8)
Nintendo R/F modulator
Nintendo Red controller (2)
Nintendo Rumble Pak (3)
Nintendo Smoke Black console
Nintendo Smoke Black controller
Nintendo Transfer Pak
Nintendo Watermelon Red console
Nintendo Watermelon Red controller
Nintendo Yellow controller
Dataflash Power Flash Gameboy adapter
Datel Action Replay cheat device
Mad Catz analog steering wheel
Performance UltraRacer 64 controller
Piranha Rumble & Controller Pak 1Mb
Ultra64 Controller Pak 1Mb
Ultra64 Controller Pak 256 Kb
Universal NTSC adapter
third-party Rumble and Controller Pak 1Mb (yellow)

plus i've got more than 10 standard consoles, lots of controllers and about 60 carts to trade...

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
my latest find is a Performance UltraRacer 64 racing controller i picked up yesterday as part of an otherwise very uninspiring N64 job lot (standard console, 2 gray controllers, a bunch of games). I'm on the hunt every weekend, searching the local fleamarkets, church fairs etc. for Nintendo consoles, games and merchandise. I buy everything i can find and trade or sell what i already have.
Edited by Mk II, Nov 7 2010, 06:31 AM.
Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Over here (Netherlands) most 'general' pawn shops and certainly the retro game shops are quite savvy when it comes to pricing... they all use the internets nowadays so chances that you come across something good there for a low price are almost zero. The place to go if you are looking for bargains is fleamarkets and private job lot sales. I recently bought a mint Grape Purple console & matching controller for only 20 euro for a private seller but a shop would probably charge up to 60 euro for the same.

Most of my finds i get from local fleamarkets where most sellers dont really know what they are selling. sets are often incomplete, not working and/or dirty so there's lots of room for negotiations! I've picked up bargains like a console with Mem Pak, 3 controllers and 4 games for 10 euro. I usually buy everything Nintendo-related i can find and sell or trade off the surplus, but its getting harder & harder to find something i havent got already.
Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

Are you only trading stuff, or accepting money?

i'd do both, actually... i have all kinds of Nintendo consoles & games (PAL only) that i have to get rid off, just to make room. I usually buy everything Nintendo-related i come across, keep what i havent got and trade or sell off the surplus. but these last two years ive only been buying so things have piled up :)

Quote:

you have a ton of stuff.

im very proud of the Grape Purple console & controller i bought last week for only 20 euro... they are the most difficult Funtastic color to find here in the Netherlands.
Most recent find is the UltraRacer controller i picked up yesterday as part of boring standard set.
Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
pictures? yay!

my "special" N64 consoles & controllers:
Posted Image

N64 games in two plastic boxes (i store my manuals and boxes elsewhere) plus other bits & bobs:
Posted Image

Atomic Purple & standard controllers:
Posted Image

Edited by Mk II, Nov 14 2010, 10:15 AM.
Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
wow Kami... that is something else!

do you have a separate wing in your mansion to store and display your video games?
i just have 1 small room, shared by all platforms and just wouldnt have the space to store that massive amount of N64 hardware

one question: do you only collect N64 stuff?

another question: ive got the chance to buy a mint Clear Red Japanese console & controller, fully boxed and never used... seller is looking to get > 100 euro's. what's a fair price for something like that?

Edited by Mk II, Nov 8 2010, 01:33 PM.
Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

has this clear red console ever been opened?

yes, he has sent me some photos of the inside & contents of the box so it is open / unsealed.
the original store receipt is included as well (a very nice touch neh?)

Quote:

And I just use my bedroom as well

wow again... i have a (small) house all to myself so i could add more game rooms but where does it end?
you cant have everything and i have some other collections to store & display as well. guess im the hoarding type :D
Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

I think that you should purchase it.

i think you're right... to be honest i never expected this Japanese edition here in Holland so it is quite an opportunity.
but i'm Dutch and we're cheap by nature :D paying my own money for such trivialities always hits me where it hurts most (my wallet)
even tho i have more money than sense... go figure!

Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

you are getting it then!

still unsure... its just been a very expensive couple of weeks lately.

recently i was very frustrated when i received a Zelda edition GBA-SP i bought online ( the casing was scratched badly, the box was torn and falling apart ) so i said: "right, from now on im just gonna buy those ltd. editions when they are on sale in the shops and not many years later". So naturally, I couldnt resist those spanking red hot Super Mario editions of the Wii and DSi XL. sweet!

And then there was the GoldenEye Wii with gold controller... another 60 euro down the Ninty drain !
This holiday season aint gonna be cheap either with Super Mario All Stars Wii and Donkey Kong Returns in the pipeline

btw: i just saw your video Kami and i am very impressed with your controller collection and Zelda shrine :link:
This world would be a better place if it had more girls like you... ever wanted to come to Holland? :D
Edited by Mk II, Nov 9 2010, 04:57 PM.
Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
yeah, it's cool, innit?

ive got several "Mario Kart" themed RC karts (you can see a bit of my Yoshi kart in the top-right corner) but most are quite small... this one is HUGE.
it was terribly expensive too but i got it on sale. I love Nintendo paraphernalia... especially the gashapon eggs stuff like all the Gameboy models in tiny miniature. And karts of course!

Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

how are they hanging exactly? Does that/could that damage them?

i suppose it could.. i just kludged some hangers out of paperclips and attached them to curtain rail riders (? not sure how to call 'm).
there is strain but unless im very mistaken i think the construction of the controllers is such that the strain is taken up by the cable coating and not the actual wires inside. but its been a while since ive opened up a controller so i could be wrong.

anyhoo, the hanging controllers are all bog-standard ones (except the Atomic Purple but thats quite common here) and will never be used again, they are purely decorative. some even have wonky analog sticks !

Quote:

I too am Dutch. Boy are we considered cheap and yet I have some very nice (and expensive) pieces of my collection

shhh! dont spill the beans, we have carefully built up that reputation throughout the centuries and it gets us a lot of bargains :)
<dutch>leuk dat er hier nog meer kaaskoppen rondhangen bij de weg!</dutch>

Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

hallo hoe gaan dit met almal vandag?

baaie goed !
Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Kami, dont worry... i will stick to English here.
Anyhow, back on topic!

Posted Image
now thats funny... according to my database i should have 108 N64 carts.
The picture clearly shows i have 109...

[UPDATE]
the mystery has been solved. turns out i own not only Wayne Gretsky's 3D Hockey but also Wayne Gretsky's 3D Hockey '98... Whoop-ti-do !

Here's some N64 paraphernalia like a miniature console with a voice recorder, one with a clock, a controller with a clock and several controller keychains.
And specially for lady Kami there's a Pez-like candy dispenser featuring a familiar figure:
Posted Image
Edited by Mk II, Nov 14 2010, 10:12 AM.
Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

I love those things

yeah, i kinda figured you would... you are so predictable! :)
i really love miniatures, they're just so cute. and i have this thing for keychains as well. so i share your feelings.

Quote:

You are so lucky to have those colors....

it was part of my first order with Lik-Sang. i ordered six, hoping i might get the six different colours but i ended up with 3 "pairs" instead. Ive got another one (red) that i'm actually using as a keychain. that does wear it down a bit alas

Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

you are getting it then

seems like it! i offered the guy 100 Euro + shipping and he agreed so pretty soon i shalll be the very proud owner of a Japan-only boxed Clear Red console + controller. I can hardly wait! This will be my first piece of Japanese hardware and a tentative first step into rare N64 hardware altho i feel some of the Funtastic colours are pretty rare also, at least here in Holland.

Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
thank you Kami... :birdo:

im so glad i've discovered a bunch of freaks like-minded people here who understand this weird lust and can appreciate the real significance of a Clear Red set :)
my friends & co-workers all think i'm crazy :w00t:

BTW: ive just bought an Extreme Green controller from ddr2nite as well.
Edited by Mk II, Nov 13 2010, 06:33 PM.
Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

it's in the mail today

yabba-dabba-doo! <doing the Happy Happy Markie dance>
:dance:

i just luuurve getting a :gift: in the mail; even if i have paid for it.
The excitement, the unpacking, the bubble wrap, the rush...oh yes yes yes!

Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

it's like Christmas-feeling each time!

actually i reckon it's much better than Christmas.
you know why? No relatives!

Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
You will all be pleased (or peeved) to know that i've received the Clear Red box set in the mail today. Everything is there and in perfect nick, even the plastic bags and shop receipt! Ive posted a piccie in the Recent Pickups thread. Life is good...

Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

Keep it up ok?

the way i see it, this japanese Clear Red is the point of no return for me.
I will have to keep it up to justify this purchase which has no use at all unless i keep adding more items to the collection. :D

Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Kami, don't worry; i reckon i'm already way beyond crazy.

Today i tried to explain my exciting find to a co-worker but they (= normal people) just dont get it, do they?
When i said i would never actually use it (perish the thought!) he looked at me and just sighed. And this guy is a gamer!
So i'll say it again: im really really happy to have found a bunch of like-minded lunatics here.

Meanwhile... im about to buy another useless piece of moulded plastic (DK controller) from Coorsy101. One is temped to exclaim "woot!"...

Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

they look at me like i have 8 legs...

YES, that is the look !

Quote:

im honored to be your like minded lunatic friend

likewise :applause:
Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Got the Extreme Green controller from ddr2nite and added two new titles to my N64 collection:

• Top Gear Rally
  • Extreme G
Edited by Mk II, Nov 20 2010, 08:53 AM.
Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
just added a couple of US and Japanese carts to my collection and i'm wondering: how does one count such items? are they "new additions" even tho i have the PAL version already ? Do you count games or cartridges?

Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
just added a DK64 controller to my heap of useless plastic. yeehaw!

Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

it was the smoke controller

haha! thats just too funny :)

[UPDATE] added Ice Blue controller #2 to my collection.

Edited by Mk II, Nov 27 2010, 04:44 AM.
Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

Don't be afraid to let people know what you love to do

indeed!
and sometimes this wil repay itself because those people just might have or spot something interesting for you!
this happened to me a lot of times when i collected vinyl records.
Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
added Extreme G XG2 and BattleTanx Global Assault to my N64 collection. See my signature for the current count...

UPDATE also picked up Premier Manager 64 (+manual), Supercross 2000 (+manual), Michael Owen's World League Soccer 2000, Centre Court Tennis.
Edited by Mk II, Dec 12 2010, 08:16 AM.
Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Great finds FoxC ! just goes to show that it is all still out there, only waiting to be picked up
The SNES lot in particular will bring a nice profit if you decide to sell; that Mario Kart alone is probably worth 15 to 20 bucks. They usually sell for around 15 Euro here as a loose cart

Re: accessories... its amazing how they do it but i've often had fleamarket deals where the power supply or A/V leads were missing only to turn up with another seller one or two weeks later. Moral of the story: don't be afraid to buy incomplete sets; if you're in for the long run you will find the missing bits eventually. And if a set is indeed incomplete, dont hesitate to point this out to bring down the price of course.

Quote:

I'm sure we all dream about the treasure chest in disguise

we all do. And it actually does happen every now & again. Not every week and you have to keep going week after week but sometimes you will come across some amazing deals

Quote:

found a guy that specifically sells games

these guys should be avoided like the plague if you can find other sources! they are far too expensive and knowledgeable (sp?). You need the general junk sellers, the house clearers etc.
And always try to make a better deal, even if the price is already very low.

Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Yippie, my Japanese orange/yellow Pokemon controller arrived in the mail today. I bought it off the Lady Kami who packed it very well and shipped it off immediately. :yeah:

Now it's mine... my precious!

Posted Image

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: