Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N64 collection discussion; Discuss and show your new games, collection and wishlist!
Topic Started: Apr 5 2006, 01:09 PM (106,894 Views)
LordXaero
Member Avatar
Established Member
Ok guys, here it is. My entire Nintendo 64 collection.

I have collected this stuff over the years, and my N64 collection is probably the most valuable to me. I don't really go out the way to collect different colored systems, or controllers, and mainly just have the basics, but I do have some rare items that I threw in the mix, that add to the overall value of my collection. As always, I am always on the hunt for the next item on my radar, and have plenty of other things I'd like to add.

To start off, all my games and accessories are in pristine, mint, condition. All labels are in tact, and none of them are faded. I have manuals for some of my games, but not all. I do not collect players choice games for any of my systems, just because I want original copies. Games and accessories are kept in plastic bags when not in use.

Each game is kept in a Universal Game Case (UGC), sealed in a zip lock bag, and has the original cover art reprinted out, thanks to The Cover Project. If you haven't checked them out, please do. Great community, and great people there.

Here's what one of my games looks like out of it's case:

Posted Image

Time to move on to the games. My entire N64 library as of now:

Posted Image

Rare and/or expensive games include:

Bomberman 64: The Second Attack
Clayfighter: Sculptor's Cut (Blockbuster Video Exclusive)
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Harvest Moon 64
Ogre Battle 64
Star Craft 64

And what they look like on my game shelf:

Posted Image

Here's my accessories:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And last but not least, my systems. I own three Nintendo 64's.

My main console is the one I use:

Posted Image

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is the Justco Nintendo 64. I'm not too sure, and as I said, please correct me if I'm wrong. It came with my N64DD when I bought it.

Posted Image

And finally, the Legendary N64DD, which sits on display in my room:

Posted Image
"Heaven Knows I'll Miss You Now You're Gone"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LordXaero
Member Avatar
Established Member
Coorsy101
Jan 2 2011, 10:00 PM
Yes you are correct, I think its spelled Jusco tho. ive seen it both ways...

Anyways, its known exactly by the Jusco 30th Anniversary System. It was released in japan and sold only in jusco stores.

That bundle with the 64DD and Jusco must have cost you a pretty penny..

I also LOVE those game cases you have. At a first glance i thought they were the actual boxes..thats how great they look :yeah:

-Corey
Well, that makes me even more happier. I did not know it was actually a Jusco system. It was tossed in the air, but now I know.

I won my 64DD in an auction back in July 07'. I won it at the last second, ending at $422 buck if I remember correctly (I have the receipt somewhere). The system came with it, and I was never really in the market for a Japanese N64. I don't think the guy even knew it was a Jusco system, cause he didn't have anything saying it was. Are they really that rare?

Thanks for the comment on my cases. Yeah. I made sure they were printed out perfectly, and cut nicely. I actually prefer the cases over the original boxes.

LordXaero
Member Avatar
Established Member
Gazza
Jan 2 2011, 11:57 PM
@ LordXaero,

Very nice N64 collection you have there!
And everything looks in excellent condition and very neat. :yeah:

I also spotted a few other systems in your pics.
I see a GC, SNES, and quite a few GameBoy's.
If you'd like to and can find some time, go ahead and post the rest of your collection in the "Post your games collection(s)!" thread in the 'Other Video Games' section of the forum.
Thanks man. Appreciate the kind words. I take really good care of my things. Everything gets cleaned and tested before it officially makes it into my collection. I'm very anal about those kinds of things. Haha.

Was hoping someone would point out my other consoles. I have quite a few more than what you have spotted.

I think I shall take some more pictures. Only this time, of my whole room. Until' then, here's a teaser:

Posted Image

LordXaero
Member Avatar
Established Member
Gazza
Jan 3 2011, 12:21 AM
A Panasonic Q!
ok well you can now color me highly envious. :omg:
:)

I'll be putting those pictures up sometime tomorrow, as I am off of work. Keep a look out.

LordXaero
Member Avatar
Established Member
Everything else I own is now posted up.

LordXaero
Member Avatar
Established Member
FoxC
Jan 7 2011, 11:28 AM
Mk II
Jan 3 2011, 03:35 AM

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
Same here. I try to clean everything that I get, too. I've found the worst of it all to be with controllers. It makes sense because they are interacted with the most, but many have buttons so stiff with gunk they are impossible to use before I clean them.

That's a great collection, LordXaero. I'm glad you found this place and shared your collection with us; new members are always welcome. I've seen the Cover Project before and when I see how great those cases look on your shelf I'm tempted to do the same thing.
Thanks FoxC. I'm always looking for new places to share my collection with, and discuss old school gaming. While I have love for the new stuff, the old stuff plays a huge roll on me, as for that is my childhood.

Having covers for everything is a must for me. I have no loose cartridges laying around anymore, and that's all thanks to the people over at The Cover Project. While it may seem like a simple print out on a piece of paper, believe it or not, having covers and cases for your older games really adds to the over all satisfaction of having a collection.

I'm glad I can spread the idea around.

LordXaero
Member Avatar
Established Member
floorcat
Jan 8 2011, 12:27 AM
Mk II
Jan 4 2011, 04:38 PM
trouble is that i would have to start with more than 600 cases just to store my NES, SNES and N64 carts so thats $250 plus shipping.
I'm kind of right with you... jealous of the plastic case solution and overwhelmed with literally hundreds of cartridges/games to account for. But for me, space is actually more of an issue, so for my N64 games I went with these (officially licensed...?) "N64 drawers" and have added labels for convenience. Of course, they're nowhere NEAR as swanky as Mr. Lawless's solution, but they're quick 'n dirty to make, and get the job done fine. I have complete boxes & manuals for basically EVERY N64 game I own, but again, because of the space issue, I have them flattened & sealed up for storage. Pretty content with my solution... maybe one of these days I'll print out the fancy end labels. :wub: :wub: :wub:
Oh, the memories of adding top labels to N64 games. I actually still have my N64 drawer in my closet. Haha.

While I much prefer my UGC's, this is a nice alternate solution to people who can't get their hands on cases.

LordXaero
Member Avatar
Established Member
Mop it up
Jan 8 2011, 02:07 AM
Label makers are why I dreaded buying used games. You have no idea how difficult some of those labels are to scrub off.
WD-40 is your friend. No stickers or labels on a game sheer me away from buying it. It will come off.

The only way I will not buy the game, is if the front label is messed up. Otherwise, I break out my cleaning kit, and get to work. Games come out looking brand new once I get done with them.

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply