Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
N64 collection discussion; Discuss and show your new games, collection and wishlist!
Topic Started: Apr 5 2006, 01:09 PM (111,414 Views)
Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Here's my current N64 collection.

1080: TenEighty Snowboarding
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Beetle Adventure Racing
Blast Corps
Bomberman 64
Bomberman 64: The Second Attack!
Bomberman Hero
Castlevania
Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness
ClayFighter: The Sculptor's Cut
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Dairantou Smash Brothers 64 (Japanese)
Diddy Kong Racing
Donkey Kong 64
Doom 64
Excitebike 64
Extreme-G
Extreme-G 2
F-1 World Grand Prix
F-Zero X
Flying Dragon
Gauntlet Legends
Glover
GoldenEye 007
GT 64: Championship Edition
Hydro Thunder
Jet Force Gemini
Killer Instinct Gold
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Last Legion UX (Japanese)
Mace: The Dark Age
Madden Football 64
Mario Golf
Mario Kart 64
Mario Party
Mario Party 2
Mario Party 3
Mario Tennis
Monster Truck Madness 64
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
MRC: Multi-Racing Championship
Namco Museum 64
NBA Hangtime
NFL Blitz
Nintendo 64
Paper Mario
Perfect Dark
Pilotwings 64
Pokemon Snap
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Stadium 2
Shadowgate 64: Trials of the Four Towers
Snowboard Kids
Snowboard Kids 2
Star Fox 64
Star Wars Episode I: Racer
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros.
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The New Tetris
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
Turok: Rage Wars
Vigilante 8
War Gods
Wave Race 64
Wave Race Shindou (Japanese)
WipeOut 64
Yoshi's Story

Please note that I own duplicates of many of these games.

Posted Image
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
stinger9142
Mar 8 2011, 06:02 PM
Nice collections, both of you :D
Thanks! BTW, I also have a few spare N64 consoles in my collection. Most I was given for free or purchased for next to nothing and then repaired.
Posted Image
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
stinger9142
Mar 8 2011, 08:15 PM
Someday I want to see a photo where someone has 64 Nintendo 64's :lol:

Don't let lithium017 hear you. :lol:

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Here are a couple of my NA N64 Complete in Box games.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Of course I still have my complete Mario Kart 64 that I purchased at launch but I haven't gotten around to photographing it yet.

And here's something Japanese. Yep it's Wave Race 64 which was re-released to include Rumble Pak support. What a shame that Nintendo never did that with Mario Kart 64. :(
Posted Image

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Here are two multiplayer classics from my humble N64 collection. Although both have now been released on the Wii's Virtual Console these are still the superior versions thanks to Transfer Pak support.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
I have enough spare N64s that I've started modding some of them. Here's one that I replaced the harsh red light with a more mellow amber.
Posted Image
Sorry for the blurry picture but the lower light was needed to show off the new LED.

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
My Nintendo 64 collection is actually a series of smaller collections. For example, here are my Zelda and Mario Party games.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
MaximumRD
Apr 2 2011, 06:07 PM
Also have two memory packs for saving now as well as a rumble pak, I have heard it is possible to mod rumble packs to run off the N64 itself to save on batteries, I might look into that.

I've heard about that too. Here's the video.

Anyone here ever try this, does it work?

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Here are my three favorite non-first party sports games on the N64.
Posted Image
Since my preference is towards arcade style games these three suit my taste just fine.

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Alice Lawless
Apr 6 2011, 03:25 PM
That is a really nice rug. Make sure no Chinaman urinates on it, Dude. It really ties the room together.
Thanks for appreciating the rug! My lady picked it out and she has a real flair for interior decorating. She also has good taste in men. ;)

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Japanese Wave Race 64 Shindou Edition in my North American N64. :D
Posted Image

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Today I got both Fighters Destiny and Midway's Greatest Arcade Hits Volume 1 for $6.

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Today I snagged a Gameshark Pro 3.0 for just 7 bucks. 8) I used to frown on these things back in the day but now they're a great alternative for playing imports on a NA N64.

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Mk II
Apr 18 2011, 02:45 PM
if i had a dollar for every unloved and unwanted sports cartridge i've come across i would be even richer than i already am... muhahah!
Mk II gently strokes a scary looking white cat on his lap
If you're so rich then you should just give me your extra copy of King of Pro Baseball and write it off as a charitable contribution. :whistle:

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Mk II
Apr 18 2011, 03:54 PM
I'm sorry, i traded that game with fellow member Heinrold last week.
But if it makes you feel any better: i had to pay thru the nose for shipping.. almost 9 euro!
Sheer daylight robbery!
:)
Darn, I'd really like to play that game during our long hot summer months when real baseball is being playing. Oh well, maybe I'll find a good price on one on Ebay or perhaps some other member here has a spare copy.

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Today I picked up a loose Bio Freaks cartridge that was only $3.00. It's helping to balance my N64 fighting games against my plethora of racers.

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Grizzmeister
Apr 2 2011, 07:31 PM
MaximumRD
Apr 2 2011, 06:07 PM
Also have two memory packs for saving now as well as a rumble pak, I have heard it is possible to mod rumble packs to run off the N64 itself to save on batteries, I might look into that.

I've heard about that too. Here's the video.

Anyone here ever try this, does it work?
Since I was able to snag a fifth official N64 Rumble Pak cheap today I finally got around to trying this mod and I can confirm that it does indeed work. It's actually a very clever solution for those of us who hate to use batteries. 8)

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Yesterday I received my CIB Japanese copy of Mario Kart 64. I got it off of Ebay for just $18 including shipping.

Posted Image

I wanted to add this to my Japanese N64 library which includes copies of Super Smash Bros. (Dairantou Smash Brothers 64) and Wave Race 64 Shindou Edition.

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Heinrold
May 13 2011, 10:14 AM
is there any optical difference between normal and shindou wave race? I only know about mario 64.
And are there any other special rumble pak versions?
There are a few minor music and sound effect differences between the standard and Shindou versions of Wave Race 64. Being Japanese it seems very different to me but that may just be my imagination. :unsure:

As far as I know Wave Race 64 and Super Mario 64 are the only two games to get re-released to include Rumble Pak support although I wish Mario Kart 64 had also gotten a Shindou version. :(

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Wave Race 64 Shindou Edition box and Cartridge:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Meptrep
May 14 2011, 05:59 AM
You use a Gameshark for imports? It seems easier just to mod the system to play Japanese games, and it looks nicer.
I use a multitude of different techiques to play imports. In the case of my Japanese copy of Super Smash Bros. I swapped out the back of the cartridge with a North American one.

Posted Image

Sometimes I use a Gameshark or my Super 64 adapter which is in the upper left-hand corner of this picture below.

Posted Image

I don't really like to alter N64 consoles in part because I don't really play import games all that often but also because I like to keep them stock which is probably in deference to that tradition in car collecting.

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Shibbypod
May 18 2011, 12:57 PM
Official Rumble Pack (broken I think. that is what happens when you leave it in an uncontrolled temperature storage for a couple years with the batteries.)
Sounds like a good candidate for the mod that will allow it to work without batteries. ;)

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
lithium017
May 18 2011, 01:51 PM
Please do tell how to do that mod with the rumble pack! I would love to know.
You just need to move one resistor.

Here's a video that shows how:

Use Nintendo 64 official Rumble pack with no batteries

And some more info:

N64 No Battery Rumble Pack

I have done the mod myself and it does work. I did it a little different though as I removed the resistor completely and ran a straight jumper wire between the two points. :)

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
ddr2nite has definitely joined the ranks of the elite N64 collectors!

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Mk II
May 24 2011, 07:48 AM
joined the ranks? he is the elite! :lol:
Yeah him and finngamer. Compared to those guys my collection just seems like a pile of junk. :D

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Alice Lawless
May 25 2011, 11:20 AM
It's great how we could all be here for each other to support our common collecting hobby. Nowhere else we will see this much mutual support for the N64 nowadays.
This place reminds me a lot of car collecting clubs were members are always ready, willing and able to help a fledgling collector get started. It's amazing how much I've learned just by hanging around here a short while. That's probably why I consider Nintendo 64 Forever the premier N64 fan site for both people who play N64 games and collectors alike.

BTW, I'm just a semi collector but I do play many of my N64 games almost religiously. Not a week goes by that I don't put in some time with Mario Kart 64, Super Smash Bros. or F-Zero X. Occasionally I'll bring out one of my more obscure titles and spend a little time with it. It's amazing how playable many of those games still are today! :)

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
clarky_n64
Jun 1 2011, 05:51 AM
Well rather than post the new games I've recently picked up I thought I'd put up a new video on YouTube of my collection to date aswell as a load of other ramble about collecting :lol:

N64 Collection
Nice video! I like the boxes you've made and that list is pretty handy.

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Finally added a gold OoT cartridge to my collection. Picked it up locally at $16 for the loose cartridge. I also got Asteroids Hyper 64 for just a buck.

Posted Image

I'm now up to about 80 games in my N64 collection and I don't see myself adding anything else unless I find a killer deal on a couple of imports I'm interested in.

Here's my current list not counting my Japanese versions of Wave Race 64 Shindou Edition, Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart 64. I also have duplicates of some games like Snowboard Kids of which I own two loose cartridges.

1080: TenEighty Snowboarding
Asteroids Hyper 64
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Beetle Adventure Racing
Bio FREAKS
Blast Corps
Bomberman 64
Bomberman 64: The Second Attack!
Bomberman Hero
Castlevania
Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness
ClayFighter: The Sculptor's Cut
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Diddy Kong Racing
Donkey Kong 64
Doom 64
Excitebike 64
Extreme-G
Extreme-G 2
F-1 World Grand Prix
F-Zero X
Fighters Destiny
Flying Dragon
Gauntlet Legends
Glover
GoldenEye 007
GT 64: Championship Edition
Hydro Thunder
Jet Force Gemini
Killer Instinct Gold
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Last Legion UX
Mace: The Dark Age
Madden Football 64
Mario Golf
Mario Kart 64
Mario Party
Mario Party 2
Mario Party 3
Mario Tennis
Midway's Greatest Arcade Hits Volume 1
Monster Truck Madness 64
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
MRC: Multi-Racing Championship
Namco Museum 64
NBA Hangtime
NFL Blitz
Paper Mario
Perfect Dark
Pilotwings 64
Pokemon Snap
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Stadium 2
Shadowgate 64: Trials of the Four Towers
Snowboard Kids
Snowboard Kids 2
Star Fox 64
Star Wars Episode I: Racer
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros.
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The New Tetris
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
Turok: Rage Wars
Vigilante 8
War Gods
Wave Race 64
Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey
WipeOut 64
Yoshi's Story

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Awesome pic, Ninty64! Keep 'em coming!

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Yesterday I picked up a loose copy of Transformers: Beast Wars Transmetals for $5.00 from a local used bookstore. It's got some Sharpie writing on it but nothing I can't get off. The front label and metal contacts are intact and in good shape which is all I'm really concerned with.

Posted Image

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: