Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N64 collection discussion; Discuss and show your new games, collection and wishlist!
Topic Started: Apr 5 2006, 01:09 PM (107,079 Views)
finngamer
Member Avatar
Established Member
Just got a missing game variant in the mail. Won it on eBay for $8. :)

Posted Image

World Driver Championship - T-shirt pack. It's the same as the Rampage 2 I have, also by Midway. Rampage 2 is sealed throughout, while this World Driver Championship is opened, but luckily the shirt is still sealed. Notice they both have a sticker on top stating the edition.

Posted Image
The Collection: List , Video
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

finngamer
Member Avatar
Established Member
I thought I'd share some of the more interesting pieces in my collection.

First up, a "Waiting for Nintendo Ultra 64" -T-shirt Nintendo made when the release of the N64 was still miles away but the competition was already in stores. They even took out magazine ads in the same vein back in the day, asking people to wait for the real deal. :)

FRONT
Posted Image

BACK
Posted Image

And here are two unused tickets to the 1995 Space World / Shoshinkai. This event was the first time the N64 was playable to the public, and also the first time the 64DD was announced. I paid $20 for these tickets on eBay a few years ago, I have no idea if the are worth $1 or $100. :)

Posted Image

finngamer
Member Avatar
Established Member
Just got a couple of new consoles in the mail, both JAP Pikachus. So, now my collection is at this point:

GAMES - 391/391, CIB 391/391
Missing special variations:
-Tarzan (USA big box with figurine)
-Extreme-G (GERMANY with CD)
-Rampage 2 (USA big box with plush, missing just the plush)
-Gauntlet Legends (USA with miniature, missing just the miniature)

CONTROLLERS - 29/30, CIB 27/30
Missing CIB variations:
-Black-Gray (JAP)
-Watermelon (USA sealed blister)
-Jusco 30th Anniversary (JAP)

CONSOLES - 13/16, CIB 12/16
Missing CIB variations:
-Jungle Green (EUR)
-Gold (JAP/USA)
-Clear Pink (JAP)

(About the games: Yes, I do count HSV Racing and the two Shindou games as unique games, hence 391. And no, Press Kits (Perfect Dark, Conker, etc) were not sold in stores, so not really missing them in my mind. But will propably get them someday. :) )
Edited by finngamer, Aug 24 2012, 01:38 PM.

finngamer
Member Avatar
Established Member
Orrimarrko
Aug 28 2012, 10:50 PM
For example, on Finngamer's site, he has a list of 391 games across US/PAL/JPN.

Of those:
295 are listed as having been released in the US. Of these, 49 are "X"'d as US only.
244 are listed as having been released in EUR/AUS. Of these, 6 are "X"'d as EUR/AUS only.
203 are listed as having been released in JPN. Of these, 87 are "X"'d as JPN only.

The problem I'm having is that these numbers don't match up with any other site I can find, or even the numbers that many of you use in your signatures to track your collection numbers.

So, I was really hoping that someone could explain where these numbers you guys are using come from.

The Nintendo website lists 277 games as having been released in the US.

I'm just confused, and am hoping that someone might be able to help. :)
I just made that "X"-list, there might be some minor typos. :) Here's a very handy list as well, which lists every region by it's own:

http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/topic/7342003/1/

The game count there is 388, but actually it's basically the same as my count of 391. I (and some others) count a few variations as their own releases. Namely the Australian version of Beetle Adventure Racing (called HSV Adventure Racing) and two Japanese exclusives, the "Shindou"-versions of Mario 64 and Wave Race 64. They are re-releases of the games, updated with Rumble Pak support and some other tiny tweaks.

finngamer
Member Avatar
Established Member
Ok, now my list should be spot on. Check it out guys, tell me if there's something wrong?

http://finngamer.webs.com/nintendo64.htm
(scroll to the bottom)
Edited by finngamer, Aug 31 2012, 05:09 PM.

finngamer
Member Avatar
Established Member
cyan_phoenix
Aug 31 2012, 07:08 PM
Looks good.

Just one thing: Indiana Jones and Transformer were mainly rental only (as your list says) but there was a limited release for both of them at stores (i.e. Lucas Arts Store for Indiana Jones). As far as I gather SC, Stunt Racer and maybe Blitz: SE were strictly rental only.

I know the recent auction stated he bought the Indy from LucasArts, but has this been verified? Or was it just this single story?

finngamer
Member Avatar
Established Member
italia64
Feb 24 2013, 02:16 PM
Questions for Finngamer
I'm sure he talked about of this thing in other topic/forum/youtube videos etc yet.
But for now I didn't found it so I ask;-)
Sorry for my English, I hope you understand.

Ok we can start:

1)What's still missing to your collection? I've read somewhere that you was searching for a Gauntled Legends with inserts (cards or something like that)..have you found it?

2)I've read on RetroGamer the rarity list? Have you wrote that?
Why are considered rare games like Knockout Kings, NBA Pro etc?

3) Are all your PAL games UKV? Or you've bought some games in different languages? (for example I don't find a mint copy of Shadowgate 64 UKV, so I' ve bought an Ita version)

4) Do you care about box condition? Better ask...do you prefer a good copy for 10 or a mint/sealed copy for 40?

5) Have you got all 243 PAL games or you've bought some ntsc version of games like Starcraft etc?

6)I' ve read that you don't sell nothing...ok but if anyone offers to you 1 million will you sell him all your games?

Ok stop for now

Other question later;-)
1) This is where my collection is at:

GAMES - 391/391, CIB 391/391
Missing special variations:
-Tarzan (USA big box with figurine)
-Extreme-G (GERMANY with CD)
-Rampage 2 (USA big box with plush, missing just the plush)
-Gauntlet Legends (USA with miniature, missing just the miniature)

CONTROLLERS - 29/30, CIB 28/30
Missing CIB variations:
-Watermelon (USA sealed blister. Already have the controller from a console set)

CONSOLES - 13/16, CIB 13/16
Missing CIB variations:
-Gold (JAP/USA)
-Clear Pink (JAP)

2) I was involved with the article on Retro Gamer (provided pictures etc.) but I didn't do the rarity list. Actually I disagree with some of their choises as "rare", so don't necessarily do any shopping with it in mind. :) Of course, games might have a different rarity in your country as they have in the UK.

3) Almost all are UKV or EUR, some SCN as well (as I live in Scandinavia). I don't think I have any ITA.

4) When collecting, I only require the game to be complete, I rarely hunt down mint copies. 10 complete over 40 mint, anyday.

5) I have all games that were released in English, and out of those about 50% are PAL and 50% are US. So yeah, StarCraft and Snowboard Kids 2 are US versions just to save money, but practically all Nintendo's and Rare's own games I have as PAL.

6) For a million, absolutely. For half a million, absolutely. For a hundred thousand, maybe not. So somewhere in between. :) Then again, I would probably start collecting all over again if I did that. Maybe with a more narrow focus the second time around, who knows. :)

finngamer
Member Avatar
Established Member
Italia64, I can't really say too much about rarities or values, as I collected the majority of my games at a time when they weren't particularly expensive or in demand. It's been so long since I got most of them, I don't even remember which ones were hard to get. :)

Best deals I got are also a gray area, as most of the prices I paid were the regular price at the time, but would now seems like a great deal. For example, when I got my US Conker, there were plenty of them on eBay for $20, sealed. I got one (too bad I didn't get them all ;) ), but it was nothing special back then.

The most I paid for PAL games were Majora's Mask Adventure Set (500 euros), and then maybe Kirby 64 and Paper Mario (both maybe 40 euros). The most I paid for US games were Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut (I think 350 dollars in total, I bought the manual separately for 250 dollars), and then I guess StarCraft, Ogre Battle and Snowboard Kids 2 (all 50-70 dollars).

finngamer
Member Avatar
Established Member
italia64
Feb 25 2013, 04:48 PM
I've seen that in His list there is the "X" under the U (USA releasing) for games like Airboarder...but Airboarder wasn't never released in USA.
Maybe I'm wrong or I'm reading the list in the wrong way.
There are three columns, USA, EUR and JAP.

Airboarder 64 has an X only in the EUR and JAP columns.

finngamer
Member Avatar
Established Member
Just received my second ever VGA submission back. This time I did some GameCube games, but mostly N64.

Sent there Mega Man 64, Pokemon Snap, NFL Blitz - Special Edition and Super Bowling.

Posted Image

But I was most happy about sealing my Rampage 2 - T-Shirt Pack for good. It's such an awkward shape, and just has a shrinkwrap around it, that it's condition wasn't getting any better on the shelf without any protection. Someone might correct me, but I'm under the impression that this is the only known sealed copy?

Posted Image

Posted Image

finngamer
Member Avatar
Established Member
NinoBR
Oct 12 2013, 04:00 PM
Is there a list for N.A. Controllers (not promo ones)? I looked but didnt found any. I remember the grey, green, black, red, blue, yellow, atomic purple and extreme green, am I missing any?
I have lots of info on my website, including which region each controller came out in, check it out:

http://finngamer.webs.com/nintendo64info.htm

finngamer
Member Avatar
Established Member
Finally got my Gold console. It's not like it's too rare, just haven't got around to it before this. Got a lucky break with it as well. I bought it as used, somewhat beat up CIB. I guess the seller got mixed up, because he sent me a brand new one. :)

Posted Image

So, now I'm at the point where I have all the games CIB, all but one controller CIB (Geoffrey) and all but one console CIB (Jusco).

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply