Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
N64 collection discussion; Discuss and show your new games, collection and wishlist!
Topic Started: Apr 5 2006, 01:09 PM (102,158 Views)
Ninty64
Member Avatar
I'm not exactly a computer whizz and I cannot work out how to put a picture up! Can someone help?
Cheers.
Ninty64
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ninty64
Member Avatar
Oh!
Thanks for the info. :-)
How have the others put their pictures on here then?
I'll do what you said but I still don't get how there are pictures within people's posts without a link - they're just 'there'.
I want to post a pic of my collection. :-)
OK Here goes.
Check out this (if i've done it right that is) pic on photobucket.
This is my N64 collection as it was in 2003. It's quite a bit larger now. You'll notice it's not just games in this collection but ANYTHING I considered collectible to do with the N64. The N64 controller sign was from Australia. (im in the UK).
There are some pretty rare bits here, one of the best is the full size standee of Joanna Dark from Perfect Dark (in the back of the photo).
Hope you enjoy! :-)

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa392/ninty64/HPIM0415.jpg
Edited by Ninty64, Jun 5 2011, 10:46 AM.

Ninty64
Member Avatar
Posted Image
You're right!! It is like magic!
Edited by Ninty64, Jun 5 2011, 11:30 AM.

Ninty64
Member Avatar
Mk II
Jun 5 2011, 01:46 PM
Quote:

You're right!! It is like magic! Thanks :-)))

no need to thank me... just send me one of the items from your collection :D
Quote:

just send me one of the items from your collection :D

What might that be?

Ninty64
Member Avatar
A selection of the baseball caps I have! :-)

Posted Image

Ninty64
Member Avatar
On the subject of collecting, I have loads of N64 game soundtracks.

Perfect Dark (US and European release) (1 still sealed)
Banjo Kazooie (US and Euro)
Banjo Tooie (US) (1 still sealed)
Wave Race 64 (Japan)
FZero X (Japan)
Ridge Racer (Euro)
Yoshis Story (Euro)
Donkey Kong 64 (US and Euro) (1 still sealed)
Diddy Kong Racing (US and Euro)
Mario Kart (US and Japan)
1080 Snowboarding (US and Japan)
N64 Millennium Trax (Euro)
6 Different Zelda Ocarina of Time (US and Japan)
2 Majoras Mask (Japan)
Conkers Bad Fur Day (US) (1 still sealed)
Goldeneye
Rayman 2
Jet Force Gemini
Pilotwings
TWINE

I dont have the Japanese Banjo Kazooie and would love it BUT
I dont think I wanna pay this much -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300561051948&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Edited by Ninty64, Jun 12 2011, 03:13 PM.

Ninty64
Member Avatar
Yes, I have that one too. The best OOT soundtrack (in my opinion) is the Hyrule Symphony. Some great mixes on there and some truly fantastic haunting melodies.

Posted Image
But I think the best (and by far) are the soundtracks by Rare. Perfect Dark, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Conker etc. All fantastic tunes. Grant Kirkhope (sadly now gone from Rare) and Robin Beanland are superb.
Edited by Ninty64, Jun 12 2011, 04:27 AM.

Ninty64
Member Avatar
I have both the US and Euro versions (same track listing). Europes Nintendo HQ for some reason is in Germany, hence the whacky title of the CD!! :wacko:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ninty64
Member Avatar
Yeh, but those t shirts were a bit pants. I've got one and it's nothing special.

Ninty64
Member Avatar
I have a very rare yellow PAL version of Donkey Kong 64. Not sure 'how' rare this is but I dont think it was ever available in the UK, im pretty sure it was an Aussie release only. :D
Posted Image
And as the heading of this post is for 'wishlist' too, i'd say the things I definately want in my collection is a sealed PAL copy of Pilotwings 64 and Conkers Bad Fur Day both of which I know are definately not going to happen, or if it does will be astronomically high price wise!
Edited by Ninty64, Jun 28 2011, 09:27 AM.

Ninty64
Member Avatar
Heinrold
Jun 28 2011, 02:30 PM
i added a CIB star wars: battle for naboo today. one of the rarer ones out there :-)

Great little game that one. Really enjoyed playing it.
Cabanon
Jun 28 2011, 01:59 PM
a yellow game pak ? never heard of this. show us some pictures Ninty !
Will do! :yeah:
Got some more for the collection arriving in the next few days too, 2 new sealed controllers :w00t: (green and blue) so will add some piccies of them too!
Edited by Ninty64, Jun 28 2011, 03:23 PM.

Ninty64
Member Avatar
Grizzmeister
Jun 29 2011, 05:59 PM
Mk II
Jun 29 2011, 08:27 AM
It may come as big shock to our American friends but 99% of Europeans think American Football is one of the dullest sports in the world. We dont watch it on TV and we certainly dont want to play it on our consoles.
Most of us in the US feel the same about soccer. :-8

They're both dull and boring. Not sure of American footballers but most English footballers are overpaid chavs! :whistle:

Ninty64
Member Avatar
Grizzmeister
Jun 30 2011, 05:33 AM
Nowadays Mario is the only sports figure I don't mind giving my hard-earned cash to. ;)

The mighty US cannot be going through austerity, surely!!! :wacko:

Anyway, :yeah: to Mario!!

Ninty64
Member Avatar
I see that Eternal Darkness book, (and I know this is the N64 forum) but Eternal Darkness on the Gamecube was an amazing game. One of the best on that console. Loved it.

Ninty64
Member Avatar
Just got round to photographing the latest additions to my collection.

5 sealed blister pack controllers - Smoke, Jungle, Fire, Ice and Grape along with an unboxed rare clear red/white controller

Posted Image

And with the controllers -
A Nintendo 64 Quill Pen with logo
An N64 Sports logo CD type case
A Starfox (in the UK, Lylat Wars) Collectors Cards sleeve
Rayman Great Escape Stickers
Some N64 Logo stickers

Posted Image
Posted Image
Edited by Ninty64, Jul 23 2011, 02:17 AM.

Ninty64
Member Avatar
ddr2nite
Jul 23 2011, 02:35 AM
Looks like you're missing just 2 of them (Watermelon and Gold).
You mean this one!! lol

Posted Image
ddr2nite
Jul 23 2011, 02:35 AM
Ninty64... wow, I'm super impressed.

Out of curiosity, where did you obtain your sealed controllers? If I'm not mistaken, you live in Europe somewhere... which makes those sealed controllers even harder to obtain as compared to those of us here in America because they were only released here.

yours look to be in excellent condition as well.

Thanks - yes I'm proud of my collection. I have a fantastic collection of 'still sealed' N64 items

Most of my collection (of which i've been building for 11 years) has been from ebay. The European controllers came in boring cardboard boxes (of which I have 3 still sealed, photo going up today) so I decided to collect the US blister pack ones as well. And yes, that Watermelon one is quite elusive! :wacko:

They are all in pretty much excellent condition considering they're 10 years old! :yeah:
Edited by Ninty64, Jul 23 2011, 08:58 AM.

Ninty64
Member Avatar
Took some pics this afternoon of my collection of sealed controllers AND games. What do you think?

Posted Image
ddr2nite
Jul 23 2011, 12:39 PM
I'm missing 2 sealed accessories: the rumble pack and the RF switch. Been looking for those for the last few months as well with no success. You have that full set?

Unfortunately no I don't have those. I havent really been collecting those bits. Would love to be able to help as I know that feeling of the never ending search! :D
Edited by Ninty64, Jul 23 2011, 01:56 PM.

Ninty64
Member Avatar
Heinrold
Jul 23 2011, 04:00 PM
are banjo-kazooie and 1080 european PAL releases with players choice? never seen them before... or are there differences between european countries?
Yep, both PAL games - all PAL games in the photo.
I suppose it could be different between euro countries but not absolutely sure! 8)
All euro games were released by Nintendo Europe (NoE Germany) and the language translations must have been a nightmare. I would imagine there were different designs for different countries but the early UK boxes were all in English the later ones had several languages on them.
Edited by Ninty64, Jul 23 2011, 04:25 PM.

Ninty64
Member Avatar
Cabanon
Jul 23 2011, 09:31 PM
how the hell did you had 5 blister pack sealed controllers in such a short time ? where the hell did that came from !
Its no big secret guys, I'm not a cloak and dagger collector!! :rollseyes: There's no real reason for it. I've been collecting all things N64 since 2000/2001 and over the years I've picked up some treasures. The gold controller one was the first one I got and that was about 5 years ago, the rest I found through ebay and some good contacts in the US. :yeah:

Ninty64
Member Avatar
lithium017
Jul 27 2011, 10:27 AM
WOW Ninty that is one excellent collection! I am happy you shared images of your collection too.

Cheers Lithium! Its a work in progress shall we say. Started collecting 2000/2001.

I must say though, your collection is awesome and just to let you know when the day comes and I visit Canada I am definately coming round your house to see that collection in person! :yeah:

Ninty64
Member Avatar
Here's a coouple more posters from my collection. The Goldeneye one is a bit torn at the bottom (it was from a store wall display and the guy had battered it up a bit).

The Star Wars item is a vinyl banner. A similar Perfect Dark one sold for $200 on ebay last week!!! I would have bid but the 'Joanna' in the banner was a real person and it just didn't look right!!

Posted Image

Posted Image
And the latest addition to the collection is this controller pak - arrived in the post this morning - from Hawaii. :yeah:

Posted Image
Edited by Ninty64, Aug 6 2011, 06:26 AM.

Ninty64
Member Avatar
Purtle
Aug 8 2011, 04:01 PM

Ninty how did you get those awesome posters? I usually search Nintendo 64 poster or n64 poster everyday and only ever get the ones from nintendo power magazines. Awesome finds.

I knew a local games retailer (closed down now) and during the dying days of the N64 when no-one else was interested I asked him if I could have all of his posters/advertising/banners to do with the N64 and he gave me them all. The long posters (BK, PD and MM) are cardboard displays, not just posters. They are fantastic. :yeah:

Ninty64
Member Avatar
Ok, here's a couple more posters for your enjoyment! 8)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ninty64
Member Avatar
2 more posters for your viewing pleasure 8) BAR is one of the best racers on the N64 and very underrated!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by Ninty64, Aug 11 2011, 10:52 PM.

Ninty64
Member Avatar
TNT737373
Aug 27 2011, 09:50 AM
Guess I'm a trendsetter.. 8)
Go you! :yeah:

Ninty64
Member Avatar
Are you sure you're not opening up my closet?

:D
Edited by Ninty64, Aug 28 2011, 10:59 AM.

Ninty64
Member Avatar
N64 is the best
Aug 30 2011, 01:49 PM
Is rocket robot on wheels fun, because I'm thinking about buying it.
It is a fabulous game! One of the most unique and underrated games on the N64.
Edited by Ninty64, Aug 30 2011, 05:02 PM.

Ninty64
Member Avatar
TNT737373
Jan 4 2012, 05:41 PM
Posted Image
Fantastic TNT. :yeah:

Ninty64
Member Avatar
TNT737373
Jan 10 2012, 10:54 PM
So here's a pic of the recent Ice Blue I bought, so far I'm at 3 NTSC consoles. Think I might just sell the Jungle Green though, only the original and ice have a special meaning to me, all the funtastic series would take up too much space. Idk still I"m just about collecting for the memories.

Thats how I started my collection - for the memories and it grew from there. In my opinion I think you'd be making a mistake selling off the green one and a decision you may live to regret. Keep it for now as you never know one day you may change your mind! :D

Ninty64
Member Avatar
OK, here in the correct thread.......
Very excited today. 3 new hats arrived from the US. A fantastic addition to my collection. I already have the purple and the orange funtastic hats, this red one is a great addition. I love the Star Wars Racer one and have never seen it before. The blue :n64: one is quite unique too so I am very pleased with my haul! lol

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: