Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
N64 collection discussion; Discuss and show your new games, collection and wishlist!
Topic Started: Apr 5 2006, 01:09 PM (102,597 Views)
TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
Clarky those are some nice carry bags, I just bought a large one for $12. The seller had only posted this one picture below, so can you tell if this is the opposite side of your large bag? Does that question make sense? lol

Posted Image

I like it a lot, the N64 insignia seems to be very well stitched by the photo.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
I love how ddr2nite organized his collection, it really pops out and shows off the colors well against the black cabinet. I'm pretty sure that could go head to head with Finngamer's N64 set. :rollseyes:

Also my favorite thing about Ninty64's collection is the banner behind the display. I remember those so clearly going into EB games or Walmart as a kid, it sounds crazy but I rather have that than anything in his collection because it captures my memories with the system so well.

I can never find any sort of N64 promotional banner on ebay, but then again I'm kinda clueless to how sellers decide to tag them..

Edited by TNT737373, Jul 28 2011, 04:13 PM.

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
markfall
Aug 6 2011, 02:37 PM
Well, I'm sort of OCD by nature (not really, but yeah) so I ran out to wal-mart (a magical place with possibilities around every corner for you old worlders on the forum ;) ) and bought a sterilite container to replace my old one which had ran completely out of room.
Great Idea, I love those Sterilite brand containers they sell at Wal-Mart, cheap and well made.

I have the exact same setup going at my house except with a different type of container. (Three-shelf vertical black stand) I'll post a pic within the next week once I apply the N64 automotive decal I ordered for it. It's gonna look cool, from an 8 year old's perspective.. lol 8)
Edited by TNT737373, Aug 7 2011, 03:50 PM.

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
My favorite game room! :)

It's so... 90's! The mini-TV, the wood cabinets, the dirty carpet! Never before since 1996 have they ever been so perfect together! lol
This is college life man, this is beautiful. Haha eat some cereal, drink red bull, get some friends n' play mario party. Awesome! :yeah:
Edited by TNT737373, Aug 19 2011, 12:24 PM.

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
Why do you still have the price tags on everything?! lol Did you just buy all that recently?

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
Really nice setup Clarky! I like all the custom cases, great job.
Your youtube channel also has good camera work, impressive. So are you planning on marketing the Mini64? :D Commercial = awesome.
Edited by TNT737373, Aug 26 2011, 01:28 PM.

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
In the future I hope to have a collection like Alice's, where I have the mandatory gamer's Ikea cabinet with all custom cases! :D I like that setup the best, but for now I have this nice little 10 dollar stand from Walmart, with a shiny gold decal on top. Second picture is all my collection, 100 carts and 1 gameshark. And third picture is my top 5 side stuff.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by TNT737373, Aug 26 2011, 02:05 PM.

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
GRIZZMEISTER:
Yes I really like that Conker plush, although it is from Live & Reloaded. KB Toys canceled the contract to create a Conker plush with the first game, after the release of the drunken commercial.. lol

DDR2NITE:
Glad you like it! 5 dollars US w/ free shipping.
There are two different companies that do this on eBay, I chose the second one based in Taiwan because they can do a gold gloss, I'm not sure if the company in the first link can do a glossy finish on their stickers. If you want a specific size larger than 8" I would choose the first link, for just a standard 8" glossy automotive decal though, check out the second link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/N64-NINTENDO-ENTERTAINMENT-SYSTEM-LOGO-DECAL-STICKER-/270649613712?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f03f95d90#ht_1094wt_1396

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-Nintendo-64-Vinyl-Decal-Sticker-Graphics-/320578690579?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4aa3fa9e13#ht_3028wt_1165

GT:
No I wish I was that good! lol

Edited by TNT737373, Aug 26 2011, 05:27 PM.

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
Ok, all you guys copy me! lol Hey, heads up though if you decide to order:
It will take 14-18 days to arrive, and be very careful peeling it off the clear background! It's a little flimsy at thin points of the "N". Peel off as slow as you possibly can, that's my advice!

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
Guess I'm a trendsetter.. 8)

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
Thanks, that really means a lot. I've been trying my best to get back every game me and my childhood friends had when we were little, and I've pretty much done it, all I need left is Harvest Moon 64. But I'm putting that on hold for a bit, gonna save up for a new title on the 360. Gotta manage my pocket change!

Back to the collection, it's kind of a portable one to hide quickly in the closet when my girlfriend comes over.. lol
We're all hiding secrets in our closets! Mine's 90's video games and late 80's pop music.. >_<
Edited by TNT737373, Aug 27 2011, 10:54 AM.

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
Halfway done to collecting my top twelve!
I have a wooden case that can fit 12 N64 boxes perfectly, so over the past 3 months I've collected around the case.
My top twelve setup is to have the cart and manual within an original rental case, and a mint box inside a protector. I think it looks really cool to line em' up on a shelf.

Posted Image

The next two I should receive within the month, Perfect Dark and Rampage 2.
My other four are seemingly hard to hunt down for a good price: Oot collector's edition, Kirby 64, Smash Brothers, and Mario Kart.
Beyond that I'll probably also pick up another 3 because I already have 15 of those rental cases, so my next 3 would be Banjo Tooie, Tom n' Jerry: Fists of Furry, and Paper Mario. The demand for these games in a nice box is fierce, and frankly I'm surprised to get mine for what I did. Hope this works out!

Edited by TNT737373, Sep 13 2011, 06:54 PM.

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
Thanks Ninty!
Alice Lawless
Sep 14 2011, 02:00 PM
TNT, that's a really cool idea putting the manual in a display as well. I'm really digging that look. In fact, I'm gonna copy your idea one day. After I get all 296 games, I'm going to work on getting the boxes and manuals and do what you're doing.
:omg: What? All 296?! ...Whooa, lol.
Hey I'm glad you like my setup so much! These rental cases are starting to become costly though. If I were you I would get only like 20 of them for your personal top twenty, and then put rest in universal game cases.

I'll never be able to afford or have the willpower to stare down an entire N64 collection looming across my wall, when it came time to choose a game I'd just be lost in its magnificence. Then probably give up on deciding and play my 360.. ha. Idk something about an entire boxed collection seems overwhelming to me, guess I can't handle the power of the fun machine :rofl:

I would like to keep my boxed setup to a nicely displayed top twenty, so I could easily just pick up and play while appreciating the nostalgia and box art. I would say only about 20 N64 games really mean something to me, as all the rest would just be cool to have. From ages 7-12 I probably received about fifteen games brand new, so seeing those on my shelf looking nice as ever, really puts a smile on my face. The N64 boxes are easy to damage and really don't stand the test of time when left in sunlight or a damp place, however the artwork is just so damn cool. Worth it when you look back at em. Planning to keep these forever, while I'll continue to try and find the others.

And one more thing, I think the price of loose carts will go down in the next ten years. (With few exceptions of like Worms, Conker's, Bangai, etc.) However I think the price of CIB's (Complete In Box's) will go up dramatically. The cardboard material that N64 boxes are made out of seem just a little flimsier than the SNES and NES ones. They damage real easy, so near mint CIB's will go up in my opinion.
What are everybody's thoughts on the value of N64 items in the future?
Edited by TNT737373, Sep 14 2011, 03:35 PM.

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
Cabanon
Sep 14 2011, 06:37 PM
Start it when the manufacturer is dropping the console, the price will reach all time low before going up again 2-3 years later.
Yes I've realized this too late, lol. But do you think there will be another dip in the prices in about 5 years, or only a stronger demand?
I need to get an idea of whether it would be best to gather the rest my top twenty CIB's now, in 5 years, or in ten years..
Based from what I'm seeing I think about 20 years the prices of N64 stuff will drop to what they were 8 years ago once the console was dropped.. However I'm not too sure about boxes, I think CIB's might increase since the cardboard is so fragile..

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
Got this contraption "like new" in box for only $7.50 US! I was the only bidder. 8) And yeah the shipping was the same as the price, ha.
Created by the same guys who did the Gameshark, I had never seen one of these before, but browsing ebay I just came across it and was curious. Like it a lot so far. Played a little SM64 and it's ridiculously fun, feels so much different in simple mechanics. Put a regular N64 next to it so you can see the size! It covers your whole lap, and it's not cheaply put together either. The bottom is a nice black matte metal finish, and the buttons click well. My favorite thing about the arcade shark is the joystick, it glides really smoothly and you can attach it in two places. If you love the Rampage Series, Star Fox 64, Mischief Makers, Yoshi's Story, Kirby 64, Robotron 64 or arcade titles on the N64, this is definitely gonna put a smile on your face. You feel stupid, yet it's so damn enjoyable.. lol I can't put the experience into words its that fantastic.

Posted Image
Edited by TNT737373, Sep 18 2011, 07:18 PM.

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
I wanna get some game box protectors for the large as hell releases like Star Fox 64, and Pokemon Stadium. However I've contacted a couple sellers on ebay who custom create them, and they've said even though they've gotten frequent requests there just wouldn't be the same demand. Alright well I still want a protector "condom" for Star Fox 64 so it doesn't damage itself, so I'll have to custom make one. 8) Using the most recent in state-of-the-art technology I'll be planning to combine two of the snug fit cases to make a mega one, so stay tuned and I'll let you guys know how that goes. Maybe the plastic will fuse together nicely, or maybe this becomes a disaster. ha stay tuned. But before I engage into this risky operation, has anybody discovered a case from some other source that fits well around the large N64 boxes? The big boxes just don't look right next to all the other concealed ones. Oh well.
Edited by TNT737373, Sep 20 2011, 08:22 PM.

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
Not quite done with putting together my new media cabinet, but I'll be away from my house for a couple weeks and I'm too excited to not post a pic, ha:

Posted Image

On top's my CD's, below that CIB N64 games, next my DVD's, and on the bottom N64 accessories. Gonna add another shelf in there for more DVD's plus modern games. Also have some more N64 stuff coming in over December, so I'll post another pic in mid January when this is fully completed... :n64:

Edited by TNT737373, Dec 13 2011, 03:19 PM.

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
After one year and a lot of dealin' around, I'm thrilled to say:
I've gotten back every game CIB from my childhood!
Almost done with setting up my room's media cabinet too. It needs another shelf for more DVD's, and I'm missing a few N64 accessories, but my game collection is finished for now. Yes!

Posted Image

A better look at all my games from a sideways angle:

Posted Image
Edited by TNT737373, Jan 4 2012, 05:48 PM.

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
Let me explain, I wasn't rich or obsessed, it's kind of a different story. ha
I didn't get an N64 until 1999, while the console was starting it's decline on the way out. My friends at the time all had original N64's, I didn't have any game system or device and I was about 7. So one day my mom out of nowhere had bought me a used ice blue N64 (most likely due because she had to work late and we didn't have cash for an after school program, so it would fill up more of my time after homework, etc), and hell yes I was overcome with joy. I played the same 6 games for the next two years, and also would always run over to friend"s houses to play more, and those times were some of the best experiences ever in my childhood.

Now when the PS2 came out, none of my friends wanted their N64 games, so some friends just gave them to me, and others sold them to me for a couple bucks. I probably got over 25 N64 carts in four months, it was incredible as a kid. And across 2001 and 2002 I played those and got to experience zelda, banjo kazooie, paper mario, etc all fully for the first time.. I was always at the local movie rental place too, renting n64 games like mad over weekends, so I knew what games were good to buy from friend"s stashes. In the end this was what I remember having, I never bought a game until I had played it to death first, so I'm glad they're all fun to play and high quality for the most part. All my games were used copies from friends, and they eventually were sold off as well, but now I've got 'em all back and complete too! The top half of my cabinet represents a large piece of my childhood, makes me smile every time I open those doors!

Edited by TNT737373, Jan 4 2012, 07:23 PM.

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
So here's a pic of the recent Ice Blue I bought, so far I'm at 3 NTSC consoles. Think I might just sell the Jungle Green though, only the original and ice have a special meaning to me, all the funtastic series would take up too much space. Idk still I"m just about collecting for the memories.

Posted Image

Posted Image

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
Mk II
Jan 11 2012, 10:54 AM
exactly, it will only increase in value. or not... the world could end tomorrow!
But the important thing is that a bit of money wont ever bring you more joy than a boxed Funtastic console.
You've convinced me, lol. They look too good together, I can't split them up! The green's so iconic, it's the most popular of the series so I guess I'll need to make room somewhere for it.

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
ddr2nite
Jan 12 2012, 10:41 PM
TNT737373
Jan 11 2012, 12:27 PM
The green's so iconic, it's the most popular of the series...
:blink: Uhh... not according to the poll that you started: http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/topic/7321014/1/
Not the "most popular of the series" by this specific forum, lol, the most popular as in "what the general public purchased". The green sold the most within the funtastic series. And your right, this is because it did have an advantage with the DK set alongside the separate series. I think jungle green became synonymously attached with donkey kong's name just due to the title alone, and since DK's cool (he's a bad-ass monkey with an informally worn tie who knows how to pick up a blonde chick) the kids bought into the concept of the Jungle theme more. And yes all kids of the 90's subconsciously thought DK was "in", ha.
Edited by TNT737373, Jan 13 2012, 12:48 AM.

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
Very cool, nice collection man.

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
quagga
Mar 1 2012, 10:43 AM
ummm i do not know ^____^'

i just wanted to obtain the nintendo promos
Very nice! Congratulations they look great together.
Also just curious, what's your personal fascination with these promotional controllers?

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
Ninty64
Apr 7 2012, 11:44 AM
OK, here in the correct thread.......
Very excited today. 3 new hats arrived from the US. A fantastic addition to my collection. I already have the purple and the orange funtastic hats, this red one is a great addition. I love the Star Wars Racer one and have never seen it before. The blue :n64: one is quite unique too so I am very pleased with my haul! lol

I had bids on those, I backed out though, I sensed you might be watching those as well. But here's the one I put all my chips on:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/140722103266?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I really like the red one though, congrats.

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
Alice Lawless
May 3 2012, 10:35 AM
Post removed. Please keep this thread family-friendly and free from misogyny.

Mk II [/mod mode]
Was it really that bad? ..lol

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
lithium017
Jul 9 2012, 03:46 PM
Gave me chills, ha. Very nice work as always! I like when you talked about how some other people felt about the collection:
"Oh no what have you done?!" :D
Edited by TNT737373, Jul 11 2012, 06:04 PM.

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
Mk II
Sep 4 2012, 11:14 AM
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Love the CBFD and DKC3 guides, very nice.

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
James92
Sep 10 2012, 04:15 PM
I have a couple CIB games and I may buy more like that, but as long as I can play the game, I'm happy.
It's best when you just get your favorite games for the system CIB, all the first party Nintendo titles have such great artwork, really hits me in the head with good feelings from simpler times. But I agree the most important thing is being able to play the games with a tight controller, emulators can't mimic the little details.

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
K87
Sep 12 2012, 05:39 PM
clarky_n64
Sep 12 2012, 02:58 PM
Personally I think both playing and having a complete CIB game is important, to me anyway. I like being able to pick a game I haven't played before or in a long while and looking on the back at the screenshots of gameplay.

I remember spending hours as a kid in the video game section just looking at the back of the boxes deciding which looked the best to buy.
so true clarky i remember when i wasn't sure which game to rent i would make my decision based on the pictures at the back lol
"To learn the value of a dollar" my parents made me buy the games, not having the money I bought them all used, so I made most purchased based solely on the cart sticker. ha ...Some real bad decisions were made. Luckily I never stumbled across Superman 64 though.

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: