Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N64 collection discussion; Discuss and show your new games, collection and wishlist!
Topic Started: Apr 5 2006, 01:09 PM (102,235 Views)
cyan_phoenix
I'd Definitely count HSV as a distinct game. Also agree with the two JPN rumble games as being unique games.

There are quite a few JPN games with differences to their western counterparts (i.e. car games), but in my mind I just limit the 'unique games' to the Japanese exclusives and the 2 shindou games.

My collection count so far:

PAL N64 games so far: 205 CIB (225 carts)
JPN Exclusive: 65 CIB (66 carts)
JPN/US Exclusives: 58 CIB (58 carts)

N64 Not for resale: 23

(numbers may be a bit higher, as I don't think my excel sheet tallied HSV or Wave Race Shindou :/)

Australia

N64 CIB Collection (EUR/USA/JPN): Complete!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cyan_phoenix
Looks good.

Just one thing: Indiana Jones and Transformer were mainly rental only (as your list says) but there was a limited release for both of them at stores (i.e. Lucas Arts Store for Indiana Jones). As far as I gather SC, Stunt Racer and maybe Blitz: SE were strictly rental only.

Australia

cyan_phoenix
finngamer
Sep 1 2012, 03:28 AM
cyan_phoenix
Aug 31 2012, 07:08 PM
Looks good.

Just one thing: Indiana Jones and Transformer were mainly rental only (as your list says) but there was a limited release for both of them at stores (i.e. Lucas Arts Store for Indiana Jones). As far as I gather SC, Stunt Racer and maybe Blitz: SE were strictly rental only.

I know the recent auction stated he bought the Indy from LucasArts, but has this been verified? Or was it just this single story?
I'm pretty sure (though not certain) that a few people have verified that Indiana Jones could be purchased from Lucas Arts directly from what I have read at Nintendoage. That Transformer could be purchased from a store I am less sure about, though the two variants (one with a blockbuster sign on the box, the other box lacking this) might indicate it could be. I guess keep your list as is until there is some more concrete evidence.
Australia

cyan_phoenix
I think with print runs it is definitely something that needs to be confirmed from a primary source before we start to give it some weight. Otherwise we would believe that Mario Paper AUS only had "1000" copies printed when someone on ebay says it (the same people that think Australians live in the desert and own Kangaroos, so obviously we don't need big print runs) :/

I'm even sceptical about the very common statement that Bangai O for the n64 only had 10 000 copies made - that game is far too common on ebay and derfinitely doesn't command a high price compared to other titles.

i'm not saying we shouldn't discuss numbers, but I really don't think any of us know the numbers unless we have comfirmed it from the publishers. Whether transformers and SC were only rental only or could be purchased at a store though is something that is easier to confirm from people who purchased it via the latter route first hand.

Australia

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply