Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N64 collection discussion; Discuss and show your new games, collection and wishlist!
Topic Started: Apr 5 2006, 01:09 PM (107,091 Views)
Brodieman
Member Avatar
Posted Image\
Still more too come but this is my collection so far
Edited by Brodieman, Apr 8 2012, 04:47 PM.
:bowser: MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL :bowser:

N.A. Consoles CIB - 9/9 JAP Consoles CIB - 10/10 World Wide Console Releases CIB 16/16 Controllers CIB - 26/30 (Loose - 30/30 Promo - 4/4) Sealed Games 80/296
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Brodieman
Member Avatar
For now I'm more focused on systems so I only buy games that remind me of the good old days and most of em aren't here yet. I'n the pic I have a sealed DK and a sealed Turok 2. Not in the pic I have a factory sealed box of 6 perfect dark games that I'm gonna send in to be rated as uncirculated.
on the way I have
gauntlet legends
Super Mario 64
Mario Golf
Paper Mario
Mario Kart
and Conkers Bad Fur Day
all factory sealed
Still after a sealed Mario Tennis which is still one of my favorite games ever

Any other games I have are just the cart and for personal use
Edited by Brodieman, Apr 8 2012, 04:59 PM.

N.A. Consoles CIB - 9/9 JAP Consoles CIB - 10/10 World Wide Console Releases CIB 16/16 Controllers CIB - 26/30 (Loose - 30/30 Promo - 4/4) Sealed Games 80/296

Brodieman
Member Avatar
Just picked up a daiei hawk boxed console with a little box wear bags and instructions for $200 and an unused boxed daiei controller with cord still bagged controller bagged for $100. I can't wait for them to get here!

Brodieman
Member Avatar
Hey all, got some games in today. All factory sealed but I have them in plastic slips so it doesn't show. All are NM except maybe the conker I'm not sure about. I think maybe the top is sun faded a little bit cause it seems light. If anyone has one could you take a nice pic of the top side so I can compare.
Posted Image

Also got a blister packed expansion pack, Grape controller, and nintendo power 100
Posted Image

Here are the pics from the Daiei Hawk console and controller. I had better pics from the sides and the console out that I had him send me before I bought but I don't know wtf I did with them. I think i deleted the message. O yea and I found them on ebay Australia.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Brodieman
Member Avatar
Purtle
Apr 21 2012, 06:16 PM
Brodieman
Apr 9 2012, 04:39 PM
Here are the pics from the Daiei Hawk console and controller. I had better pics from the sides and the console out that I had him send me before I bought but I don't know wtf I did with them. I think i deleted the message. O yea and I found them on ebay Australia.
Posted Image
Posted Image

The pics aren't showing up for me
Yea those were eBay pics. The pics I took are in the recently bought thread

Brodieman
Member Avatar
That's a great story and I can relate. I thought to myself hmm I wonder if there are still new N64's out there and ended up stumbling on lithiums videos. I've been collecting consoles and controllers for a little over a month and it is insanely addicting, rewarding, and fun. One thing I can say is, and I think everyone will agree with me, pick something you love. Wheather or not that is games, consoles, controllers, N64's, or GameCube or all of them. As long as you love it, it will always feel rewarding and not end up feeling tedious. Because believe it or not it does take a lot of time going to swap meets, yard sales, and scowering 4 different ebays multiple times a day if you want the rare stuff. But the time is well worth it every time you make a good find or get that package in the mail. So that's my advice from the salty veteran collector of a month lol.
Edited by Brodieman, Apr 22 2012, 02:17 AM.

Brodieman
Member Avatar
SicCooper
Apr 22 2012, 12:17 AM
That was a great story. I love hearing about how and why people start collecting, and its cool that Lithium inspired you. Both Lithium and I have collecting tip videos on our youtube channels that can be great help to a "new" collector. Id recommend checking them out. Here are links to mine and Lithiums:

Mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_OoiIoY300

Lithium's (his are in parts, and this is the first part in his series):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltx2afetcko&feature=plcp&context=C4752116VDvjVQa1PpcFMciaN2cHHUC10F8Is_26uZZgy1XBFLs1k%3D

:mario: Great video coop :mario: That's why I love this site! Everyone is all for helping each other out :yeah:

Brodieman
Member Avatar
haydendavenport
Apr 23 2012, 08:39 AM
@Brodieman -
Yeah, that story does sound quite similar to mine. I already feel addicted to the idea of collecting, and I don't even have anything yet! Haha. I will definitely take your advice with choosing what I love. I don't even have time to mess with something I'm not interested in. :P

Would you mind elaborating on what swap meets are, and what eBay sites you frequent?

I know of only ebay.com and ebay.ca. I live in the US, so do you think shipping will become outrageous at times?

Also, are there any places you guys recommend me frequenting? I know to check eBay, and Craigslist. There is a local game store I know of, and I will probably have a look there every once in a while. There are also like 3 pawn shops on the way to my college. But honestly, I don't expect to find much of anything locally... I have never found anything before, and I have checked many times. (Yard sales, pawn shopping, and thrift store browsing..) So are there any other sites or places I should check? I live in America, so I can't use any local listing sites not based in the US.

Now I just have to convince my friends that I haven't lost my mind... Haha. At first my girlfriend told me that it was a total waste of time, and that I would become addicted and obsessed... as well as materialistic. And that I would simply be wasting money. But I told her that it would make me happy, and that collecting the things are about nostalgia, and about having rare pieces of history that are tied to games that I have spent countless hours enjoying. After that, she said it clearly meant something to me, and left it alone. But her attitude might change either way when I start accumulating stuff.

My mom on the other hand was not convinced at all. And she still thinks it is a terrible idea. I have college to pay for, and no job, so her argument is understandable. But I can't help but satisfy the complete dork inside of me!

Ebay Australia and Ebay U.K. are good too. Swap meets are basically huge yard sales where a bunch of people set up all there stuff to sell. I like to buy carts from them cause I always get a good deal. You can google swap meet or flea market and find some around you they are usually weekends only. If you figure out how to explain what you are doing to the women in your life, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PATENT IT AND SEND 1ME SOME!!!

Brodieman
Member Avatar
Fanny
Apr 30 2012, 08:02 PM
Here is my updated entire collection. FYI, I am selling some of these goodies, so check out the buying/selling/trading topic. :yeah:
Very Nice! I'm jealous of the M2000

Brodieman
Member Avatar
I finally found storage for all my stuff so it doesn't have to sit on the ground against my wall anymore lol. Let me just say, God bless craigslist because this s**t can be :money: EXPENSIVE :money: !!!
I got a really really good deal though after about a month of looking.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by Brodieman, May 2 2012, 02:46 AM.

Brodieman
Member Avatar
ddr2nite
May 2 2012, 04:19 PM
Brodieman
May 2 2012, 02:45 AM
Posted Image
I love this image the most :wub: most likely because it's the same as staring at over $2000+ of money right there.

For what it's worth, I've redone my controller wall and slightly reorganized my shelves a bit too. I'll take pictures after my latest purchase arrives ^_^
I'm not gonna lie, setting them up like that kinda made me wonder why we need women to stare at :wub:
Ninty64
May 2 2012, 03:36 AM
Looks fantastic Brodieman. :omg: I need to arrange mine into something like that. At the moment my :n64: stuff is all in boxes in the loft!! :facepalm:

And who IS that man inside the cabinet?? lol
:blasphemy bat: SHAME ON YOU!!! :blasphemy bat: Why have something so awesome if you're not gonna show it off! :facepalm:
Start checking looking around for something to show off all the sweetness
Edited by Brodieman, May 2 2012, 08:34 PM.

Brodieman
Member Avatar
My fire console came in today! It is complete with manuals and bags. Even the controller cord is bagged. :dance: :mario: This completes my NA system collection! :mario: :dance:

The box shows a little wear on the right but other then that is in good condition.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Brodieman, May 24 2012, 03:08 PM.

Brodieman
Member Avatar
thanks guys!

Brodieman
Member Avatar
I believe you guys get to witness first hand the part where I say "Then, things just kinda got out of control." I've started on games now and there are some new games in there. One day I'll show em all on my youtube channel. This is just to show my new display for them and how I decided to display my Nintendo Power/ E3 controller. I added some statues also.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Brodieman
Member Avatar
Mk II
May 29 2012, 04:28 PM
wow!

btw: what sort of rack(s) are you using to prop up those lovely controllers?
something custom-made?
Actually those are just things they make to display plates. You can get em for like 70cents each

Brodieman
Member Avatar
clarky_n64
May 29 2012, 04:34 PM
What a lovely sight, and so well setup aswell.

It's nice to see you starting on games aswell. What's you're collecting preference, just US NTSC or all regions?
Thanks Dee and Clarky!

As far as games the plan is to collect all U.S. releases and the Jap./PAL exclusives
Edited by Brodieman, May 29 2012, 04:38 PM.

Brodieman
Member Avatar
Cabanon
May 29 2012, 08:57 PM
nice display man, but one thing, dont hide LoZ:OOT VGA man !! :yeah:
Yea it looks like it's hiding in the pic but I promise when you are in front of it it isn't hiding and thanks guys I'm glad you like

Brodieman
Member Avatar
Very cool kiosk coop! The game store I go too has one and I've been working on the guy trying to get it. Hopefully one day but for now I'll just be jelly

Congrats Alice! pics plz

Brodieman
Member Avatar
Ladies and gentlemen, Boys and girls, children of all ages. Behold, the final cib console for my collection :dance: :applause: X_D :mario: :link: :pika: :omg:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I now have every NA and JAP console release complete in box!!!!!!!!

(I may be a little excited)

Brodieman
Member Avatar
Thanks K87 :yeah:

Brodieman
Member Avatar
ItsOnlyAFleshWound ~ I do enjoy collecting it's just with prices going the way they are I am relieved to not need any more consoles. One of the guys I used for JAP stuff you alreay know, it's luick. I think the other is going to make an account here and the 3rd I'm going to keep to myself for now :phear:

James ~ Thanks! and grats on the recent pick ups

Jon ~ Thanks! I decided I'm not going to go for all the PAL versions. The way prices are and with the shipping it just isn't worth it right now.

Brodieman
Member Avatar
My CIB games so far

Posted Image

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply