Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N64 collection discussion; Discuss and show your new games, collection and wishlist!
Topic Started: Apr 5 2006, 01:09 PM (107,090 Views)
ItsOnlyAFleshWound
Aidan25
Jul 6 2012, 09:54 PM
DeeMoney
Jul 6 2012, 06:18 PM
Aidan25
Jul 6 2012, 05:08 AM
I live in Sydney aus and I collect PAL games. I don't seem to find much luck but I would like to know about n64 collectors of Sydney and where they find their cheap games.

Recently Bought:
Jet Force Gemini
1080 Snowboarding (both off eBay)

Collection:
The Legend Of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Super Mario 64
Banjo Kazooie
South Park
Lylat Wars
Star Wars Racer
Perfect Dark
Mario Golf
F-Zero X
Wave Race 64

Wishlist: (i want these badly for around $10-15 each and for pal. I am dying for them so if you,can help me send me an email: nashpotato257@gmail.com)
Mario Kart 64
Paper Mario 64
Donkey Kong 64
Super Smash Bros
Conkers Bad Fur Day

Less important:
Mario party 2
Pilotwings 64

And more...

Mate I'm from Australia 2. Best bet I've found with collecting is 2 just keep looking. Most games will pop up on eBay aus. Some cash converters will stock some. Try to avoid game traders as they tend to put there games up to a stupid high price.

Remember to ask here as well, there is a fair amount of pal collectors in this forum. Many of them have doubles in there collection that I'm sure they are willing to part with. ( for a price of course)

I've done a few trades with pal collectors here and added some games I needed to the collection.
Quote:

Thanks mate. I will keep looking and will try to trade with members on the forum. I really appreciate your help. Any shops besides cash converters where there are cheap n64 games?
G'Day mate, my system for collecting here in Oz was made up of a few places and if you dont mind a little leg work
then you should find a few cheap games. mind you i have completed my pal collection so no more running around for me, there is
more chance of the world ending in 21/12/2012 (mayan prophecy) then finding a power 100 or millenium controller in stores in Oz since thats all im after now.

So, ebay Au,ebay uk, ebay world,
pawn shops if you got any,
salvation army and charity shops as people donate them and the shops sell them off for money.
recyclers that are normally like a drop off for people with stuff that dont wont to chuck in the tip. electronic items consoles and games have to get tested before put on the shelf after donated so mondays would be best days to pounce. unfortunately for me the local guy where im from court onto how collectible these
items can be and started keeping all the gear. so i had to go on satty afternoons and stick my head in the electronic holding pen as you could call it to see what was there. so on monday i could hassle the guy and ask where all the items went that i seen dropped of for testing.
now this was a great way to get pal games for $2 a game. people would have there house clean outs like we all do and find the old systems and games stuffed away so when dumping there crap they pass on there old working items for a second life!

obviously ebay US post to australia is just crazy but ebay uk its not to bad. if you can buy multiple items from same seller there can save big time on combined post price. i found a great deal of about 20 games cib for around 1 to 2 pounds each! all auction games and i won almost all of them. great condition boxes also. so it pays.
and when you consider post prices here in Aus are a bloody rip off $6.90 per game or .500k its work checking out.

Good Luck with your collection mate, and remember to play and enjoy the games! thats half the fun.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ItsOnlyAFleshWound
NBA 98'

ItsOnlyAFleshWound
jon55mcc
Jul 23 2012, 05:50 AM
Well Clarky is paying far too much attention!

Ignoring my need for a PAL box for Starcraft, it's Olympic Hockey '98!

I really want to get a UKV, or a EUR version with the English language.

I did recently have a cart for the game, so I should've paid attention and checked what language the game play is in. I haven't seen a UKV hit ebay.co.uk in ever... in ever...
I should have known better! no lies this was the last game & manual i also got to complete my entire pal collection! I have all pal games and manuals + about 150 boxes. i store my games in UGC's as i still regally play them and well the boxes are not up to the constant open close!

I waited about 6 months till i found the listing & at the same time there was also a boxed cib but they wanted 30 pounds for it! game & manual cost me 2.99 pounds! Uk is definitely the go for pal games!

ItsOnlyAFleshWound
Cypher
Aug 1 2012, 05:11 PM
clarky_n64
Aug 1 2012, 05:07 PM
That's awesome news Alice :yeah: Now you've got to sit down and play every single one in alphabetical order :lol:

Cypher: You've managed to grab some nice condition ones there. Those sentntel protectors should keep em that way :D
Yeah the Majora's Mask is like 9/10 :D and yes them Protectors are great i will be buying a set of 10 every time i run out so my boxes are protected as soon as i buy them :) I find if i buy them during my collection grows 11 pound a time for 10 it will not hit me as hard as if i got all 243 games then spend like 200+ for 200+ protectors even though it will work out i will be spending the same amount on the protectors either way, buying them each time i run out makes it mentally feel like im not spending too much on them, if you know what i mean :P
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230833712551?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D230833712551%26_rdc%3D1

you might get a bigger deal if your prepared to buy so many up front?

ItsOnlyAFleshWound
That box is in good order! nice pick up!

ItsOnlyAFleshWound
Recent controller pick up! ebay, Wasn't expecting it to be in that great of condition for the price but it was outstanding & joystick too! "Score"

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item46064b4dd9&item=300753309145&nma=true&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&si=c3r3UvTYbmeMzZKQflLuclf3p%252FU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

ItsOnlyAFleshWound
yeah $18 for a daiei controller was a shock. its funny you mention it like that dee because i actually looked passed this and under it was a red/clear jap controller which i ended up getting for $16. i then thought ill take at look at it and was shocked to see it was a daiei with the black bottom lol. i was like "is that black" hahah

ItsOnlyAFleshWound
Man your vid makes it sound like its been a chore collecting them. its ment to be fun & enjoyable.

Bloody Great Collection! Now your finished you wont mind giving out your japan connections? :nope:

ItsOnlyAFleshWound
cyan_phoenix
Sep 1 2012, 06:04 AM
finngamer
Sep 1 2012, 03:28 AM
cyan_phoenix
Aug 31 2012, 07:08 PM
Looks good.

Just one thing: Indiana Jones and Transformer were mainly rental only (as your list says) but there was a limited release for both of them at stores (i.e. Lucas Arts Store for Indiana Jones). As far as I gather SC, Stunt Racer and maybe Blitz: SE were strictly rental only.

I know the recent auction stated he bought the Indy from LucasArts, but has this been verified? Or was it just this single story?
I'm pretty sure (though not certain) that a few people have verified that Indiana Jones could be purchased from Lucas Arts directly from what I have read at Nintendoage. That Transformer could be purchased from a store I am less sure about, though the two variants (one with a blockbuster sign on the box, the other box lacking this) might indicate it could be. I guess keep your list as is until there is some more concrete evidence.
Yep i read something regarding the numbers the other day. Ill try and find it. Was something like 7500 to blockbuster & 2500 to public. Ill edit post and paste link when found. Mind you cant confirm it.

ItsOnlyAFleshWound
here is the post from nintendoage from tanookie 2010.

I know it's fairly rare all things considered, yet stupidly it doesn't get much money which sucks, but Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine for N65 (USA-NTSC.)

This game was released in 2 forms, as a Blockbuster Rental, and as a small lucasarts.com web sale only. 7000 went to rental, 3000 were for sale at $50 a pop. I bought this when it came out so it's very pretty complete in box and part of only a one time run of 10000 copies.

ItsOnlyAFleshWound
jonebone
Sep 2 2012, 06:06 AM
Please stop speculating about print runs, Indy Jones isn't even that rare. I've sold a few copies and at least two sealed ones myself. Rumors have no place in the hobby. Sculptor's Cut is "rumored" to have 20,000 copies, and is regarded as the rarest game in the library. Obviously Indy Jones had more than 10,000 copies, so why spread obviously false information. If you don't know, then don't repeat it.

And yes it was most definitely sold on the LucasArts website. I know people that bought direct from the manufacturer as well.
Are you serious??? talk about hypocrite !!! you just said "stop speculating about print runs", "Rumors have no place in the hobby" & "If you don't know, then don't repeat it" You just did those three things in your own comment regarding sculptor's cut! :read:

by the way your allowed to discuss things in the discussion section...
Edited by ItsOnlyAFleshWound, Sep 2 2012, 07:24 AM.

ItsOnlyAFleshWound
wow most of them look sealed too!

ItsOnlyAFleshWound
Mmm i myself have never seen a green one. only clear plastic. Maybe someone else can shed some light on it.

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply