Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N64 collection discussion; Discuss and show your new games, collection and wishlist!
Topic Started: Apr 5 2006, 01:09 PM (102,555 Views)
Orrimarrko
Member Avatar
Brodieman
Aug 16 2012, 10:37 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, Boys and girls, children of all ages. Behold, the final cib console for my collection :dance: :applause: X_D :mario: :link: :pika: :omg:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I now have every NA and JAP console release complete in box!!!!!!!!

(I may be a little excited)
Which console is this? (I know it's from Japan, but wasn't sure which one it was.)

Also, for a noob, can I ask where you got it from? I'm trying to figure out where the best place to get boxed JPN consoles and controllers.

Looks great man!

Thanks in advance,
Orri~
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Orrimarrko
Member Avatar
i8ablueskittle
Aug 27 2012, 09:15 PM
Orrimarrko
Aug 27 2012, 08:47 PM
Brodieman
Aug 16 2012, 10:37 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, Boys and girls, children of all ages. Behold, the final cib console for my collection :dance: :applause: X_D :mario: :link: :pika: :omg:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I now have every NA and JAP console release complete in box!!!!!!!!

(I may be a little excited)
Which console is this? (I know it's from Japan, but wasn't sure which one it was.)

Also, for a noob, can I ask where you got it from? I'm trying to figure out where the best place to get boxed JPN consoles and controllers.

Looks great man!

Thanks in advance,
Orri~
In japan, this color is called midnight blue instead of Grape. :yeah:
^^ Thanks!

Orrimarrko
Member Avatar
Almost forgot -

Are the midnight blue and clear black (from JPN) the same exact colors as the grape and smoke black?

I'm assuming they are.

Thanks.

Orrimarrko
Member Avatar
ddr2nite
Aug 28 2012, 12:48 AM
Orrimarrko
Aug 28 2012, 12:37 AM
Are the midnight blue and clear black (from JPN) the same exact colors as the grape and smoke black?
Yes.
Thank you.

Love your collection by the way.

Orrimarrko
Member Avatar
Another question guys (sorry, just a new collector trying to learn more about everything):

I see that some of you have numbers in your signatures for how many games were released by region or whatever.

However, I can't seem to get any of these numbers to match (each other, let alone other sites.) I was hoping that some of you could explain a little more about them.

For example, on Finngamer's site, he has a list of 391 games across US/PAL/JPN.

Of those:
295 are listed as having been released in the US. Of these, 49 are "X"'d as US only.
244 are listed as having been released in EUR/AUS. Of these, 6 are "X"'d as EUR/AUS only.
203 are listed as having been released in JPN. Of these, 87 are "X"'d as JPN only.

The problem I'm having is that these numbers don't match up with any other site I can find, or even the numbers that many of you use in your signatures to track your collection numbers.

So, I was really hoping that someone could explain where these numbers you guys are using come from.

The Nintendo website lists 277 games as having been released in the US.

I'm just confused, and am hoping that someone might be able to help. :)

Thanks,
Steve

Edited by Orrimarrko, Aug 28 2012, 10:50 PM.

Orrimarrko
Member Avatar
finngamer
Aug 29 2012, 04:40 AM
Orrimarrko
Aug 28 2012, 10:50 PM
For example, on Finngamer's site, he has a list of 391 games across US/PAL/JPN.

Of those:
295 are listed as having been released in the US. Of these, 49 are "X"'d as US only.
244 are listed as having been released in EUR/AUS. Of these, 6 are "X"'d as EUR/AUS only.
203 are listed as having been released in JPN. Of these, 87 are "X"'d as JPN only.

The problem I'm having is that these numbers don't match up with any other site I can find, or even the numbers that many of you use in your signatures to track your collection numbers.

So, I was really hoping that someone could explain where these numbers you guys are using come from.

The Nintendo website lists 277 games as having been released in the US.

I'm just confused, and am hoping that someone might be able to help. :)
I just made that "X"-list, there might be some minor typos. :) Here's a very handy list as well, which lists every region by it's own:

http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/topic/7342003/1/

The game count there is 388, but actually it's basically the same as my count of 391. I (and some others) count a few variations as their own releases. Namely the Australian version of Beetle Adventure Racing (called HSV Adventure Racing) and two Japanese exclusives, the "Shindou"-versions of Mario 64 and Wave Race 64. They are re-releases of the games, updated with Rumble Pak support and some other tiny tweaks.
Thanks a lot for the explanation Janne, I appreciate it (I'm still learning.) ;)

The HSV and Shindou versions, and the Asteroids Hyper 64 are the reasons I couldn't get the numbers to match up.

Now it's much simpler - and that link is super.

Thanks guys, for helping me with the info. Not even sure if I'm going to try and collect, but I always like to have all my info correct (and try to be informed) before I start a new hobby.

Peace,
Orri~

Orrimarrko
Member Avatar
I can absolutely confirm that the Indiana Jones was available at the LucasArts store. That's how I got mine.

Orrimarrko
Member Avatar
I can get a CIB Indiana Jones in decent shape right now for $15.58 including tax. If I wasn't picky about condition, I'd have bought it myself.

(My Indiana Jones that I bought from the Lucas Arts store was sold long ago.)

Orrimarrko
Member Avatar
lithium017
Sep 7 2012, 04:15 PM
Brodieman
Sep 7 2012, 07:09 AM
My CIB games so far

Posted Image
That looks awesome.

On another note, I think the Blockbuster exclusives need to count :P
Why wouldn't they count?