Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N64 collection discussion; Discuss and show your new games, collection and wishlist!
Topic Started: Apr 5 2006, 01:09 PM (102,561 Views)
Xephyrian
Member Avatar
Master Chief of the Universe
Yeah I've been meaning to ask about that too. I have a gold and gray console that have the green inside to the cartridge slot. I then have a boxed gray console with the atomic purple controller and the inside to that one is the gray of the normal controller. Any reason why?
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Xephyrian
Member Avatar
SicCooper
Sep 23 2012, 12:42 PM
they made more jungle green systems than they sold, so when they made the gold system, instead of making all new systems, they just painted some of the green ones gold. Not all of the gold systems are green on the inside, only some. Can you post a picture of the grey system with the green inside? I've never heard of them painting a green system grey before...
Here's a picture of my grey system with a green inside. I purchased this on ebay a month ago and it came like this. I did not do this myself (I don't even have the tools) but I don't know about the person I bought it from. I don't think they would do this since it was obviously coming from a family, they had only sold like 5 items sold on ebay and it only had a few games so that makes me think that they wouldn't have done this. Anyways, here it is:

Posted Image
Edited by Xephyrian, Sep 23 2012, 01:19 PM.
Posted Image

Xephyrian
Member Avatar
SicCooper
Sep 23 2012, 02:18 PM
that part thats green isnt physically connected to the gold part, so they must have just painted the shells, and didnt bother to paint extra pieces that wouldnt be seen much like that. I know they painted it though, because if you have a gold console thats painted green, and you scratch it, it will be green underneath the gold. This is all so interesting though.
It is interesting, isn't it. Why would they paint a jungle green grey? that seems like a digression, I don't know who would want a grey one over a green one.
Posted Image

Xephyrian
Member Avatar
CIB games are very expensive nowadays. They usually raise the price by about 3x the cart! :blink: One alternative that you could do that I had suggested to me, is buy plastic game cases. They hold up better than the thin cardboard and they're plenty cheaper. You can buy 100 here: http://www.mediashelving.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=W&Product_Code=USCG and then print out the cover art for each game here: http://www.thecoverproject.net/view.php?cat_id=4 That's what I'm going to do as soon as I get enough money. Also if you're going to do this you'll need legal size paper to print the covers out at full size. The game cases can only be shipped within the US so it'll be hard to get them for that cheap outside of the US.

Best of luck with your collection and also welcome to the forums! :dance: :n64: Forever
Posted Image

Xephyrian
Member Avatar
That's hilarious. That stuff is AT MOST worth $30. Regular consoles are pretty much dirt cheap and Pokemon Stadium isn't exactly a rare game... at all.
Posted Image

Xephyrian
Member Avatar
Great find! It's a shame it's in such poor condition. Did you just happen upon this in a random lot?
Posted Image

Xephyrian
Member Avatar
Alright everyone, I've decided to finally add some pictures of my N64 collection now that I have my UGC's complete. My collection is not about quantity, it's about quality/sentimentality. Anyways here are my games:
Posted Image
I'm still missing a few games but I have the UGC's ready for 'em when I get them.
I'm missing:
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine
Mario Party
Mario Tennis
Resident Evil 2
Tigger's Honey Hunt
Waverace 64
Yoshi's Story

So those cases are empty atm but if you wanna work out a deal for any of the games I'm missing I would be very appreciative :yeah:

Here's practically everything N64 that I own:
Posted Image

and here it is all on my gaming shelf:
Posted Image

:n64: forever!
Posted Image

Xephyrian
Member Avatar
So I just discovered this guy lives in my area... http://www.ebay.com/sch/retrogamingexpert/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=50&_trksid=p3686

No wonder I'm not finding any awesome Craigslist deals. =/
Posted Image

Xephyrian
Member Avatar
DeeMoney
Jan 16 2013, 08:09 PM
So what your saying is that he is stealing all the good deals off craigslist before anyone else can take them.
I wouldn't doubt it. He's also probably scouring flea markets and thrift stores which are the main places I go. I very rarely find anything worth getting. Occasionally I'll find cartridge games but they've all been picked and I'm left with sports games to choose from. Pretty annoying, but I'm sure he feels the same way about me.
Posted Image

Xephyrian
Member Avatar
DeeMoney
Jan 31 2013, 04:06 PM
Oh no, you don't count it as a separate title?? Or you don't recognize it's existence? There is no doubt that HSV adventure Racing is the 243rd game in the PAL collection. Without it how can it be a full set??
Says the man peddling his copy of the game. :P
Personally I wouldn't count it either. It's the same game, just re-skinned.
Posted Image

Xephyrian
Member Avatar
DeeMoney
Jan 31 2013, 04:40 PM
Different cars, different box art, different game. If your insinuating that im trying to plug my game so it sells your dead wrong.
Haha no man, I was just joking cause I saw that you were selling the game. I guess in the end it's up to the collector.
Posted Image

Xephyrian
Member Avatar
Good gosh! Have you ever thought about selling your duplicates of rare stuff?
Posted Image

Xephyrian
Member Avatar
That's very sad to hear Z. You had quite an incredible collection. You're still welcome to hang around and chat if you want to. :D But if not, we'll miss you.
Posted Image

Xephyrian
Member Avatar
jmacbear25
Jun 23 2013, 12:14 PM
oh that's really weird, on my screen the pictures show up :(
I think it's because they're posted on an email server. It doesn't let us access your mail server.
Edited by Xephyrian, Jun 23 2013, 12:19 PM.
Posted Image

Xephyrian
Member Avatar
I use Photobucket.
Posted Image

Xephyrian
Member Avatar
SerMosh
Aug 17 2013, 12:11 AM
I started collecting just over a month ago. I've been making some money by selling off an old collection I've had in my basement for a decade or so, so I guess I'm off to a quick start. I'm slowing down now, though. I now have plenty of classic N64 games I never played in the old days (Banjo Kazooie, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong Racing, etc.), so I'm going to focus on playing those for awhile. My plan is to have a full NTSC CIB collection eventually! I'm sure eventually will end up being a long time from now.
Is that a Daiei Hawks I spy? :yeah:

Awesome collection though! Nice set of boxed games :D
Posted Image

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply