Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N64 collection discussion; Discuss and show your new games, collection and wishlist!
Topic Started: Apr 5 2006, 01:09 PM (102,592 Views)
Omnert
Member Avatar
Collector of everything.
Hello all, I've been lurking here for the past few weeks and have decided to finally add some pictures of my own collection. (Since I enjoy seeing other people's collections so much - my pics at the end). I've been playing the N64 since I first received my own back in '99, and collecting ever since (though only in recent years have I become more serious about it).

My current collection includes:
73/296 NTSC-U games (with another 6 on the way =79/296)
14 manuals (with another 6 on the way =20/296)
6 Game boxes
2 Memory cards (1 official)
1 Rumble Pak
1 Tremor Pak Plus
1 VRU + Mic. for Hey You Pikachu (Missing Yellow mic screen/cover)
4 official controllers (3 different colors)
2 3rd Party Controllers
1 Gameshark v3.3
+ 1 Lodgenet controller (on the way thanks to bluedogrulez)
+ 4 3rd Party Memory cards (on the way via eBay)

The six games on the way are:
-Cruis'n World
-Diddy Kong Racing
-Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
-Nascar 2000
-Starfox 64
-World Driver Championship.
-----------------------------------------------------

Today I had some spare time, so I visited the local Pawn Shops and Thrift Stores in my area (something I haven't done in a while, and I usually only look for musical equipment...) and was able to add these titles to my collection:
-----PURCHASE 1-----
Nagano Olympics 98
Wayne Gretsky's 3D Hockey 98
both purchased for: $7.49 w/ tax (originally asking $12+tax)
-----PURCHASE 2-----
Madden 99
Namco Museum
+(What I now realize is a) Power Player Super Joy III (missing gun controller)
total: $3.21 (.75 cents each per game[*deal of the day*], plus $1.50 for the Super Joy, which I was unable to tell was broken at the time, plus tax)
-----PURCHASE 3-----
Major League Baseball with Ken Griffy Jr.
Re-volt
Ridge Racer 64
Robotron 64
Wayne Gretsky's 3D hockey
:total w/ tax: $20 (originally asking 5-7 dollars each; got all 5 for 4/$ ea. including tax)...

so for $30.70 I was able to add 9 games and one "collectable" (as I've decided to call it) to my collection- this made me quite happy indeed. (Don't get me wrong- though I only made 3 purchases I visited at least 10+ stores)...

I was surprised to find that one Pawn Shop still accepts N64 games and consoles (so long as they're working) and plan to check back there soon, (hoping to find different colored consoles or controllers, though they also had a few sports games that I don't yet have; though sports games are last on my list...).

Below are pictures of my collection (up to now and including today):
Pic 1: Games (+gameshark & stratagy guides, though Pokemon Snap Guide is lost somewhere)
Posted Image
(as you can see one game is missing, it's currently in the console, and I haven't yet had time to clean the new baseball game)

Pic 2: Current boxes, Manuals & Controllers
Posted Image

Pic 3: Console & Super Pad 64 Plus + Power Player Super Joy III
Posted Image
(Robotron 64 is currently in the console...)
As you can see indicated by the red circle, the Power Player Super Joy III is currently missing the end of the AC adapter (which I will fix tomorrow by wiring the cord directly into the controller). Unfortunately though, the controller is meant to play NES games (of which I currently have none) so I won't be able to fully test it until I add some NES games to my collection...

Tomorrow, however, I plan on visiting several flea markets in search of more N64 games to complete my collection... [Something else I haven't done in a while...]
Current N64 focus: NTSC-U carts. Current count: 108/296 (36.5%), 4 NTSC-J.

Non-N64 Items:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Omnert
Member Avatar
Collector of everything.
Thanks. Though I now realize the pic was too distorted to read, so here's a list of the games:
(This includes games on the way)

007 The World Is Not Enough
1080 Snowboarding
A Bugs Life
Aerogauge
All-Star Baseball 99
Armorines: Project S.W.A.R.M.
Automobili Lamborghini
Banjo-Kazooie
BattleTanx
Beetle Adventure Racing!
Bio F.R.E.A.K.S.
Blast Corps
Blues Brothers 2000
Body Harvest
Bomberman Hero
Castlevania
Cruis'n USA
Diddy Kong Racing
Donkey Kong 64
Excitebike 64
Extreme-G
FIFA Soccer 64
Forsaken 64
F-Zero X
Glover
Hey You, Pikachu!
International Track & Field 2000
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
LEGO Racers
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Madden 99
MLB with Ken Griffy Jr.
Mission: Impossible
MRC: Multi-Racing Championship
Nagano Olympics 98
Namco Museum 64
NASCAR 99
NASCAR 2000
NBA Showtime: NBA on NBC
The New Tetris
Nightmare Creatures
Perfect Dark
Pilotwings 64
Pokémon Puzzle League
Pokémon Snap
Pokémon Stadium 2
Quake II
Rampage World Tour
Rampage 2: Universal Tour
Rat Attack!
Rayman 2: The Great Escape
Re-volt
Ridge Racer 64
Robotron 64
Shadow Man
Space Invaders
Spider-Man
Star Fox 64
Star Wars Episode I: Racer
Star Wars: Episode I: Battle for Naboo
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros.
Tetrisphere
Tonic Trouble
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
Twisted Edge Extreme Snowboarding
Vigilante 8
Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense
Waialae Country Club: True Golf Classics
War Gods
Wayne Gretysky's 3D Hockey
Wayne Gretysky's 3D Hockey 98
Wheel of Fortune
World Driver Championship
------------------------------------------

Also, since I started collecting I've managed to keep my average price paid per game under $5 each (including shipping for games I bought online). I originally only had 9 games, so the other 70 all average out to be less than $5 per game.

And just in case anyone is wondering, my collecting priority is: NTSC-U Games> Manuals> Controllers> Consoles (including foreign)> Foreign games> Boxes> Misc. items.

Its nice to have found others who understand my fascination with the N64. It was the first console I had and thus holds a special place in my mind.
Edited by Omnert, Nov 9 2012, 09:22 PM.

Non-N64 Items:

Omnert
Member Avatar
Collector of everything.
CoachLuke22
Nov 9 2012, 11:25 PM
You got some pretty good deals for under $5! Keep up the good work.
Thanks, yeah I hope the trend continues.

Didn't make it to the flea market today so I'll try again tomorrow...
Edited by Omnert, Nov 10 2012, 07:14 PM.

Non-N64 Items:

Omnert
Member Avatar
Collector of everything.
I recently added a few controllers to my collection...

Spoiler: click to toggle

Something interesting I found in a thrift store is the yellow Game City controller. It appears to work something like the Super Joy, but without the non-functional joystick. I can't seem to find anything about it online. It doesn't work, but for less than $1 I figured I'd pick it up.

Non-N64 Items:

Omnert
Member Avatar
Collector of everything.
DeeMoney
Nov 20 2012, 05:14 AM
Man that's one funny looking controller. You should have a tinker with it and see if you can get it working.
Indeed it is. I've messed around with it a little bit- The LED in the middle of the controller turns on and the TV screen flickers when using the Super Joy AC adapter (as it came with no cords), but nothing else happens. The slot for games on the bottom is too big for N64 but too small for NES games, and that's all I have available to try. Because I can't find information on it I don't know if there's supposed to be games pre-loaded onto it or if its only supposed to play cartridge games.

It would be neat to get it working correctly, but if I can't I'm considering buying a cheap look-alike N64 controller (or one with a broken joystick) and transferring the insides (minus the joystick) to the Game City controller, then using it for games that don't use/require the joystick (Kirby 64, Space Invaders and Pokemon Puzzle League come to mind). It would be cool to play with something so unique.

Here are more pictures from different angles:
Edited by Omnert, Nov 20 2012, 01:07 PM.

Non-N64 Items:

Omnert
Member Avatar
Collector of everything.
TNT737373
Nov 20 2012, 05:52 PM
What a unique controller, I would really like to know what it was used for too. Strange cartridge slot, like Cinderella's glass slipper you need to find the right fit, did you try carts from the genesis or Snes? lol
Exactly!
I've only tried N64 and NES because they're the only carts I have. It's strange how I haven't been able to find anything about it online. Perhaps if I could find out which type of cartridge it plays I could find more information...
Edited by Omnert, Nov 21 2012, 07:20 AM.

Non-N64 Items:

Omnert
Member Avatar
Collector of everything.
scooter77
Nov 21 2012, 12:19 AM
It looks like one of those cheap multi game units you can buy, they normally come loaded with a load of games and you just plug them into your TV, like this one,
Pretty cool addition to your collection though, i like how they decided to use the greatest controller of all time. :yeah: shows they have taste LOL.
Ok. I thought it was something like that. Thanks for the link.
And yeah, I only picked it up because it looked like a N64 controller.

MK II

these things are generally built around a NES-on-one-chip and use pirated Famicom ROMS and cartridge format.
I've got several of these clones and they all use Famicom carts.

Thanks for the info
Edited by Omnert, Nov 21 2012, 07:19 AM.

Non-N64 Items:

Omnert
Member Avatar
Collector of everything.
The latest addition to my N64 collection arrived yesterday from Japan.

Posted Image

$16 with shipping. Now I just need Tetris 64 so I can use it! :P

Non-N64 Items:

Omnert
Member Avatar
Collector of everything.
Cabanon
Dec 18 2012, 11:31 AM
thats a sweet price man. it'.s a neat item. couldnt test it because i didnt have tetris 64, but that clip isnt that much comfortable lol
Ha, yeah it doesn't look too comfortable. Once I get Tetris 64 I'll test it out for a game or two, but after that it's probably going to sit on the shelf forever.

Non-N64 Items:

Omnert
Member Avatar
Collector of everything.
Norcal ツ
Dec 18 2012, 09:46 PM
Nice addition Omnert :)
Thanks!

floorcat

Omnert

after that it's probably going to sit on the shelf forever.
... as mine has for the last 6+ years... :facepalm: :lol:

Ha, yeah it's too bad it's not compatible with more games. It's a neat idea.

Non-N64 Items:

Omnert
Member Avatar
Collector of everything.
Greetings fellow :n64: fans! Sorry for the prolonged silence, but between my new schedule allowing me to work more hours and the new semester starting (currently finishing up my degree in biomedical science), I barely have time to sleep! X_D (And I thought taking 20 credits at one time would be no big deal... :rofl: ). And on top of that (unfortunately) there's been two recent deaths in the family, and my living situation is changing yet again!

But anyway, at least more work hours means more spending money, and I have managed to add a few nice things to my N64 collection. Included in the spoiler are basically the highlights, plus a picture of all the controllers I currently have:

Non-N64 Items:

Omnert
Member Avatar
Collector of everything.
Thanks, floorcat! I wish Nintendo had released Super Mario 64 and Wave Race 64 rumble pak versions in english as well (it would certainly save me some time- not having to switch games or watch translated videos!). But oh well.

Edited by Omnert, Feb 2 2013, 08:37 AM.

Non-N64 Items:

Omnert
Member Avatar
Collector of everything.
Thanks, Waddle Dee, I know it's a common subject, but every family has their own way of dealing with it. I'm just kind of annoyed with the way my family is 'dealing' with it... (ignoring it...)

Non-N64 Items:

Omnert
Member Avatar
Collector of everything.
Recently, a new pawn shop opened up near my house and I was able to add all these games/boxes/manuals to my collection for a decent price...
Posted Image

Non-N64 Items:

Omnert
Member Avatar
Collector of everything.
I've been focusing on Gamecube and Wii lately, but I have picked up a few N64 things.

Posted Image

I'm quite happy that I finally found a racing wheel in the box (all of it in great condition too). I see wheels all the time but never with box.

Games: Extreme-G 2, F Zero X, Hybrid Heaven, Iggy's Reckin' Balls, Knife Edge, NFL Blitz, Quake, Rugrats in Paris, Wipeout 64, WWF Attitude.

Non-N64 Items:

Omnert
Member Avatar
Collector of everything.
Grizzmeister
May 24 2013, 12:03 PM
You gotta do a review of that wheel with games like F-Zero X, WipeOut 64 and maybe something more traditional like one of the Rush games.
Great idea. I've used it to play a few levels on some of the games I have, but I haven't sat down and played a whole game through with it yet. I think Ridge Racer 64 is my favorite 64 racing game (that I have) so I'll probably start there. And F Zero X is a must of course.

I need to get myself a copy of Mario Kart too, so I can compare this wheel vs. playing MKWii with a wheel.

Non-N64 Items:

Omnert
Member Avatar
Collector of everything.
bluedogrulez
May 25 2013, 11:26 AM
@Omert: Great job with your Gallery! Glad you are back in full effect.

Guys, definitely check it out. The Mantle shot is my favorite!
Phantom

Just had a look at Omnerts collection aswell, Very nice :yeah:

Thanks guys! Feels good to be back. The mantle is my favorite too, and it's always the first thing anyone comments on when they come by the house.

Non-N64 Items:

Omnert
Member Avatar
Collector of everything.
zeldasgreenshirt
Jun 14 2013, 06:06 PM
...and they have permanent marker on them with the price...
If the marker is on the plastic and not the label, you can use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to get it off. There are other products that will take it off as well, but the magic eraser is the easiest to use.

I used to have a bunch of carts with writing on them, but they look much better now.

EDIT: I also recently picked up a copy of Pokemon Stadium. I used to own it but I let a (former) friend borrow it one time and then never saw it again.
Edited by Omnert, Jun 16 2013, 08:43 PM.

Non-N64 Items:

Omnert
Member Avatar
Collector of everything.
These arrived in the mail today:
Posted Image
First N64 purchase in a while and I'm pretty happy with it.
Rumble pak manual; Tremor pack plus manual; 1080, Diddy Kong Racing, and Wave Race operation cards.
There was supposed to be a V3 racing wheel manual too, but it wasn't included. I'm still waiting to hear what the seller has to say about that...

Non-N64 Items:

Omnert
Member Avatar
Collector of everything.
I won this box/case lot on ebay last week and it finally arrived.
Posted Image
I included the Genesis cases because they came with the lot. Everything is in pretty decent condition except the NFL Quarterback Club 98 box, which is missing the cardboard game-holder inside (easy fix though) and has been crushed, and the OOT box which has some water damage on the front.

Non-N64 Items:

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply