Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
N64 collection discussion; Discuss and show your new games, collection and wishlist!
Topic Started: Apr 5 2006, 01:09 PM (107,550 Views)
NJ7
Established Member
Just got interested in playing games on this console through emulation and thought it would be cool to own an actual console and collect some games....the console is spose to come later this week and is just one of those standard grey ones refurbished with an atomic purple contorller.....It's NTSC-USA of course and so will all my games more than likely, anyhow here are the games I've ordered first run, Goldeneye 007 was the first game I received from Ebay auctions and has already arrived, everything else I'm waiting on yet, but according to USPS tracking the games are spose to be here by Tuesday, the console by Friday so we'll see how it goes, but anyhow here is the list of games I ordered....

NTSC-USA

Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Diddy Kong Racing
Donkey Kong 64
Dr. Mario 64
F-Zero X
Goldeneye 007
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Mario Golf
Mario Kart 64
Mario Party
Mario Party 2
Mario Party 3
Mario Tennis
Mickey's Speedway USA
Paper Mario
Pokemon Stadium
Star Fox 64
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros.
Yoshi's Story

I know, it's not much but its a start....

Here are the other games I may be interested in....

Blast Corps
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Hey You, Pikachu!
Killer Instinct Gold
Pokemon Puzzle League
Pokemon Snap
Pokemon Stadium 2
Wave Race 64

Mostly looking to collect RARE and nintenod developed games to start out with, and maybe in future expand to games such as the Turoks, Cruisin' USAs, Duke Nukems, Quakes, and Hexen games.....I am not looking to collect sport titles other than the ones made by nintenod like Mario Golf and Mario Tennis.....and also not looking to collect all 296 USA releases either...also will be looking for an expansion pak in the future as I didn't get one of those, but I'll decide on that later if I decide to get Donkey Kong 64 and The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.....

UPDATE: APRIL 1st.....my first batch of games came today, now I ordered Banjo-Kazooie, in which ebay bucks is going to cover most the purchase price of this game, well 2/3rds of it anyhow, will post pics later in the thread when I get it, still waiting on console...

UPDATE: APRIL 3rd....and Mario Tennis will be on the way....

UPDATE: APRIL 5th....Banjo-Kazooie came and so did my console, both in great working condition, pics of the Banjo cart will come when Mario Tennis comes which is spose to be tomorrow according to USPS tracking information....

UPDATE: APRIL 8th...Banjo-Tooie, Mario Kart 64, Mario Party 2, Mario Party 3, Pokemon Stadium, and Yoshi's Story all will be on the way, hopefully pics in the next week or so...

UPDATE: APRIL 10th.....and another one I'll be picking up is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.....number 13 cart, will this one be lucky????
oh, and another today won, Mario Golf which is number 14....

UPDATE: APRIL 13th.....picked up another from ebay Mickey's Speedway USA, pics coming when it arrives....

UPDATE: APRIL 21st....won a Dr. Mario 64 auction so that's on the way, have a legitamite bid in for F-Zero X on ebay so hopefully win that also....

UPDATE: APRIL 22nd...and now, roll drums, Super Smash Bros. will be on the way.....ok, maybe should only roll the drums when I get Conker's Bad Fur Day but that'll have to wait yet for a later date....

UPDATE: APRIL 24th...F-Zero X auction win, one more down off the list, getting close now maybe a half dozen I'd like to get for sure yet...

UPDATE: APRIL 30th...Mario Party auction won, waiting on shipment details, but maybe 5 games to go on list from above that I consider must have games....

UPDATE: MAY 1st....Kirby 64 bought, waiting on shipment, WOW!!! Can't believe 4 more games that I must have to go, getting down there, really excited now...

UPDATE: MAY 3rd....Just bought off ebay, Donkey Kong 64, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, and Paper Mario, now just have to get Conker's and as of right now I'd say my collection will be complete when I do get Conker's.....it's been a nice journey and I'll have most the good titles the N64 has to offer which is good enough for me...
Edited by NJ7, May 3 2013, 10:49 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NJ7
Established Member
@MegaRock64 if I end up getting 10 to 15 of those interested in games on the list that would probably make me happy.....gonna try getting the banjo games and maybe mario kart 64 next when I order some games.....at least that's my short term goal, will be a couple weeks...

NJ7
Established Member
PICS OF MY CARTS, THEY HAVE ARRIVED, SORRY FOR THE LOW QUALITY AS IT WAS TAKEN FROM A CELL PHONE

Posted Image

Now to wait to test these out when my console arrives, which is spose to be by friday....

NJ7
Established Member
@italia64 and in a couple weeks hopefully another 4 great games.....will be looking for 4 more games anyhow.....

NJ7
Established Member
@ MegaRock64 yeah, all the carts are in like new condition but Goldeneye 007 there is an imperfection with the label you can't really notice by the pics....imperfection I mean there is a part where it looks like a slight scrape on it that reveals the grey cart underneath.....towards the right where the N46 logo, icon is.....underneath it, I didn't notice from the pics the seller had either, I'm not too worried about it though as long as it plays....
MegaRock64
Apr 1 2013, 03:53 PM
Posted Image heres the Diddy Kong Racing cartridge I was talking about earlier
Thank you KM ll !!!!
WOW!!! That cart has been through war and back.....
Edited by NJ7, Apr 1 2013, 03:56 PM.

NJ7
Established Member
just a quick question, my understanding is most first party games save to cart, is it possible to reset these carts and erase the data.......start from the beginning....just wondering.........

NJ7
Established Member
@MegaRock64 all you would need to do is find a decent condition front and replace the front of your DKR cart with the newer front......

NJ7
Established Member
MegaRock64
Apr 1 2013, 04:38 PM
@NJ7 That's what I was originally going to do. I might buy all my cousin's games for $40 and replace the front from his cartridge. Since he moved on to Wii and never played with the N46 in nearly 7 years; and with him being only 11 years old, he might take my offer! :)

Sadly, I lost Majora's Mask long ago... Don't know where it is; whether it got drowned by Hurricane Irene, or maybe I might have just gave it back and completely forgot! :P I know it was the gold cart with the holographic label.
Any ideas what games your cousin has?

NJ7
Established Member
Just ordered Banjo-Kazooie off ebay, figured what the heck, my ebay bucks I've acquired over the last few months will cover 2/3rds of the purchase price for this game, will be my 5th great game, will post pics when it arrives....

NJ7
Established Member
@MegaRock64 $6.99 out of pocket for Banjo-Kazooie.....had $11 or $12 saved up in ebay bucks though which pays the rest of the bill for banjo.....actually emailed seller and told him I'd pay wednesday the day ebay releases the funds for the ebay bucks....
Could have used the Ebay Bucks and got Mickey Speedway in essence for free as it was less than the amount of bucks I'll be getting but decided I'd get Banjo-Kazooie for now and pay a little out of pocket....figured it was a better game....
Edited by NJ7, Apr 1 2013, 07:11 PM.

NJ7
Established Member
actually the most I've ever gotten in ebay bucks at one time......mostly bought a bunch of bluray movies, some video games, a psp, probably other stuff in the last 3 months....quite a bit.....and yeah final price of banjo was $19 and some odd cents I guess if you do count ebay bucks as cash also....

NJ7
Established Member
I'm not too patient with ebay either, usually just look at buy it now prices and if the item is in good condition and it's a price I'm willing to pay I'll just pay it.....unless it's an item I run into with like less than an hour left and the price is reasonable then I'll wait and put in a last few seconds bid

NJ7
Established Member
Posted Image

Noticed this in auction of latest game I won, was just wondering if anyone has seen anything like this and could shed some light onto what type of damage this may be if anything, the upper right corner, circled part.....looks "wet" or like a reflection....

NJ7
Established Member
@MegaRock64 Wasn't pleased with the condition of the Banjo-Kazooie cart so emailed seller and he said he'd cancel the bid and relist so I got another one that actually was like $0.30 cheaper that looks like perfect condition from pics.....hadn't paid for the first one yet, so no issue with paypal or anything...

@YogurtStorm thanks...
Edited by NJ7, Apr 2 2013, 03:33 PM.

NJ7
Established Member
@MegRock64 Quest 64 ROCKS BY THE WAY....AWESOME GAME!!!.....JK
That's one thing lacking on the N64 is a good RPG, but oh well....every other genre there are great games of some type for....
Edited by NJ7, Apr 2 2013, 06:42 PM.

NJ7
Established Member
UPDATE: Oh, forget Paper Mario is a RPG that is spose to be excellent, so maybe all genres are covered with the n64 with at least one excellent game from each one....

NJ7
Established Member
Well along with Banjo-Kazooie that I mentioned earlier, my first sports game by Nintendo will be on the way called Mario Tennis....will be up to 6 games, when they arrive I'll have pics but first will be pics of my new console which should be here in a day or two.....

Posted Image --- Think my goal may be to get one of these and fill the bad boy, spose to fit 24 n64 carts, anyone got one of these, how do they hold up, is it a great product?

Of course with 24 of the best the N64 has to offer...
Edited by NJ7, Apr 3 2013, 01:48 AM.

NJ7
Established Member
Posted Image

As promised a pic of the console, controller, and cables I received.......in great working condition.....looks like it's almost brand new and plays like it too, very satisfied with purchase....also Banjo-Kazooie came today, but Mario Tennis is spose to come tomorrow and I'll post pics of both carts when that one arrives....maybe it'll be a pic of my whole cart collection so far...

NJ7
Established Member
@Brandicus yeah the n64 doesn't have a mark on it and it works like it is new also.....must of been well taken care of by previous owner....I'm very happy with it...

That Conker's CIB is pretty impressive too, I'm just looking for a cart of it sometime...
Edited by NJ7, Apr 5 2013, 11:43 AM.

NJ7
Established Member
@MegaRock64 yeah I've heard of the SuperPad 64, actually the guy I bought my console from sold a few of his console packages that he refurbished with them, I was lucky to get one with an official Nintendo N64 controller though, as you can tell in the pics I posted.....

NJ7
Established Member
HERE IS MY COLLECTION UP TO DATE: THE NEW CARTS ARE BANJO-KAZOOIE AND MARIO TENNIS....THOUGHT I'D JUST POST A PIC OF MY WHOLE COLLECTION SO FAR

Posted Image

NJ7
Established Member
Today, I will have doubled my collection just waiting on them to arrive from ebay.....new games are Banjo-Tooie, Mario Kart 64, Mario Party 2, Mario Party 3, Pokemon Stadium, and Yoshi's Story....all should arrive in the next week or so, will upload pics then.....

My Updated Collection will be....

Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Diddy Kong Racing
Goldeneye 007
Mario Kart 64
Mario Party 2
Mario Party 3
Mario Tennis
Pokemon Stadium
Star Fox 64
Super Mario 64
Yoshi's Story

NJ7
Established Member
And today, I won an auction for Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, so will have 13 games total in collection when they all arrive......

UPDATE: and another one, Mario Golf, cart #14....
Edited by NJ7, Apr 10 2013, 05:26 PM.

NJ7
Established Member
CARTS THAT CAME TODAY, NOW JUST WAITING ON MARIO GOLF, MARIO KART 64, AND LEGEND OF ZELDA: OCARINA OF TIME TO SHOW UP, WILL POST PICS WHEN THEY ARRIVE AND MAYBE A COMPLETE COLLECTION PIC!

Posted Image

NJ7
Established Member
@Brandicus......that's unfortunate he didn't send it in a box of some kind instead of an envelope.....if the seal is broken in some of the corners, if it was me I'd just remove the plastic seal and try repairing the box.....I don't think there is much you can do now, all I know if it was me I'd probably be PISSED cause it's not exactly what I had expected that being a sealed game, but things happen cause of other's stupidity, similar stuff has happened to me in the past too....

NJ7
Established Member
MY COMPLETE COLLECTION SO FAR, JUST WAITING ON MARIO GOLF, MARIO KART 64, LEGEND OF ZELDA: OCARINA OF TIME TO SHOW UP....

Posted Image

NJ7
Established Member
Yeah, Mario Kart 64 came today, gonna play that for a few hours if not longer today.....best racer all time in my opinion.....now just waiting on Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Mario Golf.....PICS to come, when the other 2 carts come next week...

NJ7
Established Member
@italia64 not sure you've kept up with what I have but here is my carts I own (or will be recieving next week in Ocarina of Time and Mario Golf)

Owned Carts

Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Diddy Kong Racing
Goldeneye 007
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Mario Golf
Mario Kart 64
Mario Party 2
Mario Party 3
Mario Tennis
Pokemon Stadium
Star Fox 64
Super Mario 64
Yoshi's Story

......and here are the carts I'm gonna try working on getting

Conker's Bad Fur Day
Donkey Kong 64
Dr. Mario 64
F-Zero X
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Mario Party
Paper Mario
Pokemon Stadium 2
Super Smash Bros.

The Expansion pak games I gotta make a decision on sometime whether I will bother with them (Donkey Kong 64 and Majora's Mask) and also would have to get an expansion pak if I decide to collect those 2 games as my n64 I ordered seller did not have a exp pak with it.....

My main goal is to get most Nintendo developed games and Rareware titles.....there are a few 3rd party titles that would be nice, but not something I must have....my goal is to collect about 24 of the best the N64 has to offer and I think I've started out great with that.....

As for Diddy Kong Racing vs. Mario Kart 64 singleplayer.....yeah, the story mode with Diddy Kong Racing is pretty awesome and is slightly better than what Mario Kart 64's single player is and is a nice change once in awhile when I want to race something other than karts, which Mario Kart 64 is only carts, and we all know that Diddy Kong Racing has other vehicles other than karts which are cool.....yeah single player is probably better in Diddy, but overall game wise I prefer Mario Kart 64....I don't got the option for multiplayer right now as I got only one controller and not many people stop by often to play games with me.....My nephew is 5 years old though, and I spose in a couple years he'll want to try this stuff out and we can have fun playing each other when he gets older.....in mean time got a couple buddies I could play with but I gotta invest in another controller or 2 (or 3, enough for full console support).....I guess controllers I will wait on, having fun collecting the games, and prefer to get those first.........

NJ7
Established Member
put in a rather weak maximum bid in for a conker's bad fur day and currently leader on an auction, I'd consider it a steal if I got it at my max bid price, unfortunately my funds for games right now has been drained otherwise I'd but in a stronger bid....

NJ7
Established Member
well I put in a low ball bid anyhow, just to force someone to outbid me, cause thought the guy diserves more than $10 for Conker's.....lol....

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: