Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N64 collection discussion; Discuss and show your new games, collection and wishlist!
Topic Started: Apr 5 2006, 01:09 PM (102,399 Views)
davyK
Member Avatar
Established Member
Here's some pics of my collection not quite up to date as I no longer have some of these and I have new ones - must update these:

Box damage on Pilotwings64 which is annoying - I intend to get an NTSC CIB version so not a big deal - will probably sell it at some point.
Spoiler: click to toggle

Gave LodeRunner64 away (!) Rush of blood - I thought the game got an awful PAL port - was pretty ugly even though it's a decent game. No doubt will live to regret that.
Tetrisphere box is poor - thinking of going for an NTSC version CIB to replace it.

BAM3 box very dilapidated - will look to upgrade that (PAL version runs full screen so PAL or NTSC will do me)
Virtual Pool box is pretty tatty too sadly.

Gold cart version of OoT (Aus PAL)
KI Gold box has slight damage - annoying. Will look to upgrade that if I ever get a chance. I hate price stickers.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

davyK
Member Avatar
Established Member
Nuno
Jul 31 2013, 07:18 AM
I like your boxed Goemnon 2! Was it expensive? Because Goemon and sequel are considered valuable PAL games.

Got it years ago - I mean over a decade ago when N64 was my primary console. It was just a normal priced game then - paid maybe 20 for it. But I tend to hold onto things and look after them. I have heard it is rather rare. It's a great game - much like the Gormon games on SNES which I preferred to the full 3D effort the first N64 game was. Parts of it still look gorgeous.
Nagato
Jul 31 2013, 07:23 AM
davyK - 2 posts.

Where are you from mate?

I'm loving Rat Attack and Resident Evil.

I'm guessing you are from the UK/Euro region with all them black border boxes?

yeah - I'm from the PAL region. Northern Ireland to be precise. It's a pretty slim pickings here for collectors. No retro shops to speak of.

Sold Rat Attack a while back and I'm starting to realise I sold it too cheaply - 9 for it CIB?

Got RE2 a good while back too - wasn't too dear either - again - well over 10 years ago.
Edited by davyK, Jul 31 2013, 08:25 AM.

davyK
Member Avatar
Established Member

Yeah - it was in pretty good condition too. Pity I hadn't come across this site. Lesson learned. To be honest the game wasn't all that good or I never would have sold it so if I'm honest I'm really not all that bothered - won't happen again though!!

davyK
Member Avatar
Established Member

Have started collecting JPN games over the last year since getting a JPN console. My aim is to upgrade those PAL titles that benefit from the move to NTSC and a few JPN exclusives. I'm also going for CIB as the packaging on the whole is a delight.

What I have so far..

Have Bangai-O in my sights and an NTSC version of Mario64 and maybe Mischief Makers (have this PAL CIB already but I believe it runs faster in NTSC albeit with borders). Anyone know if NTSC Doom64 runs faster? I hear the JPN version is censored so would go for the US version.
Edited by davyK, Jul 7 2014, 07:16 AM.

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply