Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N64 collection discussion; Discuss and show your new games, collection and wishlist!
Topic Started: Apr 5 2006, 01:09 PM (111,442 Views)
Arctic Oni
I really want Conkerīs Bad Fur Day CIB. The problem is the silly prices! Iīve seen some of them go for around Ģ100-200 or $300! Is that a game that will only increase in price over time? Iīm new to N64 collecting...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Arctic Oni
YogurtStorm
Feb 15 2014, 11:29 PM
Arctic Oni
Feb 15 2014, 04:52 PM
I really want Conkerīs Bad Fur Day CIB. The problem is the silly prices! Iīve seen some of them go for around Ģ100-200 or $300! Is that a game that will only increase in price over time? Iīm new to N64 collecting...
Assuming you're speaking NTSC prices, a clean CIB copy of Conkers shoulnt be much over 100 tops. Sealed copies go for 200 or under, so the prices you quoted there kinda scare me!
Oh sorry I wasnīt clear enough! Iīm looking for the PAL version. It looks like itīs a bit more pricey than the NTSC one.
Iīve seen some on various sites that are CIB but the prices are crazy. I donīt really like spending over Ģ150-200 on a video game. Ģ150-200 is approximately $ 250-300. I donīt know, I really want the game in good condition but the prices Iīve seen kinda holds me back. Is it worth it guys?

Arctic Oni
YogurtStorm
Feb 16 2014, 11:55 AM
PAL and AU games do seem to go for really, really big amounts of money if you're looking for a Complete-In-Box. I think a CIB Kirby game went for like 500$ recently or something...

I would pass on the paper in this case, since I think it becomes ridiculous to pay that much for a game that was sent into full production by the thousands upon thousands. If there were only like, 100 in the world, other story... But I doubt there's a legitimate draught of any kind other than the current copies being kept by their owners.

Try going after the cartridges only, for now. I have a friend who makes great universal game cases ready to hold printed covers and keep your games safe, and it still looks darn nice! PM me if you'd like his info.

EDIT: If you really, REALLY want a CIB conker, keep in mind hat that even if you go ahead and get a copy, you'll probably want every next game you purchase to be CIB too, which = alot of moolah. I personally don't collect CIB because I personally don't think the extra money is worth the extra paper, but some people strongly disagree :)
Yeah it seems to be like that. I agree, the prices for this game is just silly! Well Iīve made a list of games that I want for the N64 and I want them all CIB and in a decent condition. Though, they donīt have to be all mint. I think I ended up with around 114. Itīs not like Iīm grabbing every game right now, Iīll have to do it over the months, years even.

Oh, by the way have any of you checked out an app for the iphone (android?) called N64 collector? Itīs a really great way to keep track of your games and what you want etc.

Arctic Oni
Great collection efnlow! I really love your N64! I canīt wait to get mine! I ordered a grape purple one CIB!
Such a beauty!
Sorry for the double-post. I was wondering, when you guys buy games off of Ebay, is the N64 game box sometimes damaged because of shipping? I just got a game today and one of the corners of the box was damaged. It really made me sad. Now Iīm really worried about the other games Iīm waiting for! >_>
Edited by Arctic Oni, Feb 18 2014, 07:49 AM.

Arctic Oni
Does anyone have the PAL Clay Fighter 63 1/3 CIB? Is it rare?

Arctic Oni
I joined this forum a little while ago and havenīt really been that active here, sorry about that! Iīve been quite busy with work and music lately. Iīve got about 11 CIB N64 games now and I keep them in protective cases (looks really nice too!).

The games Iīve got so far are:

Goldeneye 007
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Clay Fighter 63 1/3
Conkerīs Bad Fur Day
Diddy Kong Racing
Jet Force Gemini
Star Wars Rogue Squadron
Star Wars Episode 1 Racer
The Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time
The Legend Of Zelda Majoraīs Mask

Iīm thinking about getting CIB Super Mario 64, Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart 64, Paper Mario and F-Zero X soon. Does anyone have any other must-have N64 games to recommend? I gotta tell you, after getting these old N64 games back, it makes me feel really good. It genuinely makes me happy.

Arctic Oni
jmacbear25
Mar 11 2014, 04:55 PM
Harvest moon is a great game although on the expensive side. I also am a huge fan of rayman 2 and if you like banjo dk etc you'll enjoy that as well
Yeah Harvest Moon looks pretty cool. I havenīt played those games but they look like a lot of fun. Iīll add them to my wanted N64 list! :yeah:

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply