Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
What exactly is the rarest n64 game?
Topic Started: Apr 22 2012, 08:09 PM (6,914 Views)
SengerCJ
I've been wondering which n64 game is the rarest exactly. JUST cartridge, I'm not talking manual or box just the actual cartridge. DO realize I'm not asking for the most valuable, high-in-demand games but the rarest most hard to find games.

I'm not sure myself, this is a shot in the dark, opinions?:

North American:
1. Worms Armageddon
2. Clay Fighter: Sculptor's Cut

Japan:
1. Getter Love
2. Bomberman 64 (Japan exclusive version)

PAL:
1. ?
2. ?

If possible I'd like to narrow it down to two games out of all the regions to be the rarest.

Edited by SengerCJ, Apr 22 2012, 08:12 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Vekoma64
Member Avatar
I would think Harvest Moon 64 or Snowboard kids 2. They are like gold dust sadly due to being exsclusive to the Aussies. I hope worms in not to hard to find though? why is it so rare? I would love a copy Getter Love :D
Edited by Vekoma64, Apr 22 2012, 08:21 PM.
Nintendo gaming since 1989 WiiU NNID- Vekoma64

SengerCJ
Vekoma64
Apr 22 2012, 08:21 PM
I would think Harvest Moon 64 or Snowboard kids 2. They are like gold dust sadly due to being exsclusive to the Aussies. I hope worms in not to hard to find though? why is it so rare? I would love a copy Getter Love :D
Do note I'm separating the 3 regions. I was referring to here in America when I said Worms. I've seen quite a few copies of SBK2 and HM64 in the wild here.

Brodieman
Member Avatar
According to Rarityguide.com it's
1.Bomberman 64: The Second Attack
2.Worms Armageddon
3.Transformers: Beast Wars Transmetals
4.Clayfighter 63 1/3: Sculptor's Cut
5.Harvest Moon 64
Here is a link http://www.rarityguide.com/n64_view.php?SortDirection=desc&SortField=5&recordsPerPage=20
:bowser: MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL :bowser:

N.A. Consoles CIB - 9/9 JAP Consoles CIB - 10/10 World Wide Console Releases CIB 16/16 Controllers CIB - 26/30 (Loose - 30/30 Promo - 4/4) Sealed Games 80/296

scooter77
Member Avatar
New Zealand Member
In PAL i would say Snowboard Kids 2 and Starcraft.
Edited by scooter77, Apr 22 2012, 10:06 PM.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstein

PAL Collection: 243/243
NTSC-U only Exclusives: 50/50
NTSC-U / NTSC-J Exclusives: 11/11
NTSC-J only Exclusives: 85/85
64dd 0/9

Only 9 to go.

SicCooper
Member Avatar
Veteran
Brodieman
Apr 22 2012, 09:04 PM
According to Rarityguide.com it's
1.Bomberman 64: The Second Attack
2.Worms Armageddon
3.Transformers: Beast Wars Transmetals
4.Clayfighter 63 1/3: Sculptor's Cut
5.Harvest Moon 64
Here is a link http://www.rarityguide.com/n64_view.php?SortDirection=desc&SortField=5&recordsPerPage=20
This looks right compared to what I've seen in my hunts.

Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
IMO as far as PAL goes, I wouldn't say that SK2 is rare at all. It's expensive and definatly sort after by collectors, but if you look on eBay Australia you will find that there a number of copies at any given time. Starcraft pops up not quite as often and is probably rarer than SK2.

It's hard to say I guess but im betting there would be games out there that would be harder find purely on rareity rather than on how much they cost.
I would say that Paper Mario is a tough one to find here in Australia. not sure about the other PAL regions tho
Edited by DeeMoney, Apr 22 2012, 11:43 PM.
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

scooter77
Member Avatar
New Zealand Member
DeeMoney
Apr 22 2012, 11:41 PM
IMO as far as PAL goes, I wouldn't say that SK2 is rare at all. It's expensive and definatly sort after by collectors, but if you look on eBay Australia you will find that there a number of copies at any given time. Starcraft pops up not quite as often and is probably rarer than SK2.

It's hard to say I guess but im betting there would be games out there that would be harder find purely on rareity rather than on how much they cost.
I would say that Paper Mario is a tough one to find here in Australia. not sure about the other PAL regions tho
Thats a fair call, but those two games only ever show up on ebay Aus and thats because it was only ever released in this region, it would be interesting to know the release numbers.
Another hard to get game in PAL is Top Gear Hyper Bike, i have not seen a copy of this game for a while.
Vekoma64
Apr 22 2012, 08:21 PM
Im with you with Getter Love, i have wanted a copy since i started to collect NTSC-J games, problem is i had never seen a copy, untill today,

http://tokyotoyfactory.jp/product_info.php?cPath=24_36_49_69&products_id=1229&osCsid=b4d828106a129bf306b9d77a8b18c213

I know its not cheap but i promised myself as soon as i found a copy i would buy it. :yeah:

They have a copy of Sim City 2000 as well, not sure how rare it is for a Japanese game but its only the second copy i have ever seen for sale.
Edited by scooter77, Apr 23 2012, 12:55 AM.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstein

64dd 0/9

Only 9 to go.

SicCooper
Member Avatar
Veteran
@Scooter

that website wont let me make an account, on the date of birth, it says in this format (MM/DD/YYYY), I do it exactly how its supposed to be, and every time it says its not the correct format, and it wont let me continue. Any ideas?

Posted Image

SengerCJ
SicCooper
Apr 23 2012, 01:41 AM
@Scooter

that website wont let me make an account, on the date of birth, it says in this format (MM/DD/YYYY), I do it exactly how its supposed to be, and every time it says its not the correct format, and it wont let me continue. Any ideas?
Check your messages.

scooter77
Member Avatar
New Zealand Member
SicCooper
@Scooter

That really pissed me off to, i even put the same date of birth as in the example LOL, i ended up doing the date as (DD/MM/YYYY) and it worked, took me a good few minutes to work it out LOL.
-Albert Einstein

64dd 0/9

Only 9 to go.

SengerCJ
Hey scooter, did you end up buying it? I bookmarked this website a few days ago but am waiting until payday this wednesday to buy it. Unfortunately it seems it has shown up here. :[

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
I think the PAL region is a difficult one to state what is exactly rare as each region seems to have it's own fair share of RARE games.

Top Gear Hyper Bike for example you can pull from Germany ebay all day long, where as it hardly ever shows up in the UK.

Personally I would say that StarCraft 64 and Snowboard Kids 2 are the rarest PAL carts. Given that SBK2 can show up a fair bit on AUS Ebay but you have to bare in mind that the PAL region is also the whole of Europe aswell. That means very few SBK2 carts to go about.
Clarky & Smithy Creations YouTube Channel

scooter77
Member Avatar
New Zealand Member
SengerCJ
Apr 23 2012, 01:51 AM
Hey scooter, did you end up buying it? I bookmarked this website a few days ago but am waiting until payday this wednesday to buy it. Unfortunately it seems it has shown up here. :[
Sorry yes i did buy it, i cant afford it at the moment but i leant long ago if i find a rare game i dont have, i find the money, saying that it is still showing on the website so they might have more than one copy.

I have seen it one other website, but the price is up there.

http://www.nin-nin-game.com/japanese-import-nintendo-64-softs-systems-accessories/1624-e.html

And i did find another website the other day that has a copy but it is cart only, but why would you buy it with box art like that LOL.
-Albert Einstein

64dd 0/9

Only 9 to go.

SengerCJ
scooter77
Apr 23 2012, 01:59 AM
SengerCJ
Apr 23 2012, 01:51 AM
Sorry yes i did buy it, i cant afford it at the moment but i leant long ago if i find a rare game i dont have, i find the money, saying that it is still showing on the website so they might have more than one copy.

I have seen it one other website, but the price is up there.

http://www.nin-nin-game.com/japanese-import-nintendo-64-softs-systems-accessories/1624-e.html

And i did find another website the other day that has a copy but it is cart only, but why would you buy it with box art like that LOL.

Posted Image

this is what the website is telling me:
"Products marked with *** dont exist in desired quantity in our stock.
You can buy them anyway and check the quantity we have in stock for immediate deliver in the checkout process."

very unfortunate for myself... I have seen it cart only as well. I was hoping to find it boxed. Oh well, guess I'll keep looking.
Edited by SengerCJ, Apr 23 2012, 02:07 AM.

scooter77
Member Avatar
New Zealand Member
SengerCJ
Apr 23 2012, 02:03 AM
this is what the website is telling me:
"Products marked with *** dont exist in desired quantity in our stock.
You can buy them anyway and check the quantity we have in stock for immediate deliver in the checkout process."

very unfortunate for myself... I have seen it cart only as well. I was hoping to find it boxed. Oh well, guess I'll keep looking.
Gutted, sorry about that. :(
-Albert Einstein

64dd 0/9

Only 9 to go.

cyan_phoenix
I actually think PGA European Tour 64 for PAL is harder than the well-known rare carts. It took me a while to get a cart, however recently a few high priced CIB's have popped up, so I think this will become a bit more common now if it is hyped.

If I was to talk about worldwide rarity, Cart only, I would probably narrow it down to the following (in rought order):

PAL
1)Starcraft
2)Snowboard kids 2
followed by (in no real order) Blues Brothers 2000, centre court tennis, airboarder, flying dragon and fighting force?

NTSC
1)ISS2000
2)Worms Armeggedon
3)Clayfighter SC (plenty on ebay because of the hype, though there probably exists less of these than any NTSC n64 cart)

JAP (i'm basing this on what I see on western ebay sites; the games are probably quite common in Japan)
1)Last Legion UX
2)Getter Love
3)Simcity 2000

I might have forgot a few, but the above is just off the top of my head from the past 12 months of searching ebay AU, UK, US, and occasionally ebay Germany and France.

I am, however, a little biased, as I only look for CIB's - so this is what I think is rare cart only, but I centre my attention on CIB usually and CIB rarity is quite a bit different. Moreover, I am a PAL collector when possible. I only have in my sight about 55 US games and 80 JPN games when exploring ebay.

(BTW: That bloody cat is in the way of my writing!!!)
Edited by cyan_phoenix, Apr 23 2012, 03:01 AM.
Australia

N64 CIB Collection (EUR/USA/JPN): Complete!

Vekoma64
Member Avatar
I payed less then 25 pound for a nearly mint CIB copy of Sim City 2000 about 3 years ago, found it first time, I did not think it was that rare. I never even thought Starcraft 64 was released in PAL. When I have large income I will be on the hunt for Getta Love. Oh sorry I was talking about NTSC A worms Armageddon, quite easy to pick up on PAL but why so hard in USA?
Edited by Vekoma64, Apr 23 2012, 10:17 AM.

Cabanon
Elite
Getter Love at 60$ ??? thats f**king insane. there was copy all week of these 4 years ago for 20-25$....should have snatched them.

i also think Nushi Tsuri (the last one Finngamer needed) is rare as f**k. i have seen a single loose copy in the LAST 4 years and none CIB on ebay. i bet some japanese auction site have it tho. i wish it could be easier/cheaper to import stuff from Japan.

SicCooper
Member Avatar
Veteran
scooter77
Apr 23 2012, 01:49 AM
SicCooper
@Scooter

That really pissed me off to, i even put the same date of birth as in the example LOL, i ended up doing the date as (DD/MM/YYYY) and it worked, took me a good few minutes to work it out LOL.
I tried using the same birth date as the sample too, and it still didnt work!

Posted Image

scooter77
Member Avatar
New Zealand Member
Vekoma64
Apr 23 2012, 10:13 AM
I payed less then 25 pound for a nearly mint CIB copy of Sim City 2000 about 3 years ago, found it first time, I did not think it was that rare. I never even thought Starcraft 64 was released in PAL. When I have large income I will be on the hunt for Getta Love. Oh sorry I was talking about NTSC A worms Armageddon, quite easy to pick up on PAL but why so hard in USA?
I think i paid about the same for my CIB copy of Sim City, and like you i found it first try, but i have only ever seen one other copy forsale before, it could be common in Japan but im not too sure.
Cabanon
Apr 23 2012, 10:27 AM
Getter Love at 60$ ??? thats f**king insane. there was copy all week of these 4 years ago for 20-25$....should have snatched them.

i also think Nushi Tsuri (the last one Finngamer needed) is rare as f**k. i have seen a single loose copy in the LAST 4 years and none CIB on ebay. i bet some japanese auction site have it tho. i wish it could be easier/cheaper to import stuff from Japan.
I hate paying that sort of money for a game but ive got to that time in my collecting that if i see a game i dont have i buy it, i think im down to needing 30 now :D

I have both Nushi Tsuri 64 and Nushi Tsuri 64: Shiokaze Ninotte, both CIB and in great condition, didnt realise it was rare, i was lucky enough to find them both in New Zealand, i think i only paid $45 for three CIB NTSC-J games :yeah:
Edited by scooter77, Apr 23 2012, 04:30 PM.
-Albert Einstein

64dd 0/9

Only 9 to go.

Cabanon
Elite
scooter77
Apr 23 2012, 04:24 PM
I have both Nushi Tsuri 64 and Nushi Tsuri 64: Shiokaze Ninotte, both CIB and in great condition, didnt realise it was rare, i was lucky enough to find them both in New Zealand, i think i only paid $45 for three CIB NTSC-J games :yeah:
new zealand ?? wow, you're very lucky lol if you find another some of these, im sure people here or even ebay would be VERY interested !

Vekoma64
Member Avatar
I got NUSHI ZURI 64 on ebay is that the same or like it? mine cost 8.00 including shipping. Cart only. Looks great but lots of text.

scooter77
Member Avatar
New Zealand Member
Vekoma64
Apr 23 2012, 05:25 PM
I got NUSHI ZURI 64 on ebay is that the same or like it? mine cost 8.00 including shipping. Cart only. Looks great but lots of text.
Nushi Zuri 64 is the same as Nushi Tsuri 64

The first one is Nushi Tsuri 64, the second is the sequel, Nushi Tsuri 64: Shiokaze Ninotte.

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
-Albert Einstein

64dd 0/9

Only 9 to go.

danny_galaga
Member Avatar
For the Japanese region, I think there is a train simulator, I don't know if that pops up regularly or not. What would help keep it rare is the fact it comes with a special controller...

edit: It's called Densha de Go! 64

Just checked on ebay. Not that rare...
Edited by danny_galaga, Apr 24 2012, 07:08 AM.

cyan_phoenix
There has been several CIBs of Nushi Tsuri 64: Shiokaze Ninotte on ebay not too long ago, one went cheap too (under $20). I got mine for abour $40 from here about 6 months ago:

http://www.gamebaz.com/?se=Nushi+Tsuri+&c=&a=se&x=21&y=10

It isn't that hard to get from Japanese sites like gamebaz. I actually think most of the japanese exclusives are probably easy to get in Japan, it is just that they rarely sell them on western sites. We just need a Japanese contact and our problem will be solved.
Australia

N64 CIB Collection (EUR/USA/JPN): Complete!

Vekoma64
Member Avatar
I bought that plus controller and DEZAEMON 3D CIB on ebay. It looks like I have been bumped though. The items were ordered about month and half ago, still not heard and no communication with seller. Their feedback looked fine too. :nope: :-X I wish I got the box for Nushi Tsuri, looks sexy!
Edited by Vekoma64, Apr 26 2012, 05:18 AM.

Cabanon
Elite
cyan_phoenix
Apr 26 2012, 04:50 AM
There has been several CIBs of Nushi Tsuri 64: Shiokaze Ninotte on ebay not too long ago, one went cheap too (under $20).
link ? beacuse completed listing results in 0 item sold for "Nushi Tsuri"

EDIT: here's one http://www.ebay.com/itm/NUSHIZURI-64-Shiokaze-ni-Notte-NUSHI-ZURI-JP-IMPORT-JAPAN-N64-4988110900518-/230764147754?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35ba9d742a

and as i thought it would be, spelling error is probably why i never find this one
Edited by Cabanon, Apr 26 2012, 07:26 AM.

scooter77
Member Avatar
New Zealand Member
cyan_phoenix
Apr 26 2012, 04:50 AM
There has been several CIBs of Nushi Tsuri 64: Shiokaze Ninotte on ebay not too long ago, one went cheap too (under $20). I got mine for abour $40 from here about 6 months ago:

http://www.gamebaz.com/?se=Nushi+Tsuri+&c=&a=se&x=21&y=10

It isn't that hard to get from Japanese sites like gamebaz. I actually think most of the japanese exclusives are probably easy to get in Japan, it is just that they rarely sell them on western sites. We just need a Japanese contact and our problem will be solved.
Thanks for the link to that website, im getting im getting a good list of japanese sites now :yeah:

I think your right about the Japanese exclusives, the more Japanese sites i find the more games i thought were rare seem to pop up in multiples. :)
-Albert Einstein

64dd 0/9

Only 9 to go.

jon55mcc
Member Avatar
Chuck Norris' Hidden Member
There is one PAL game that always gets over looked, and that's Ken Griffey Jr Major League Baseball. You occasionally find the cart on ebay.com.au, but getting it boxed with instructions is really, really hard!

I'm currently 28 games away from a full PAL set, and I'm quite prepared not to ever find one :(
Keep it secret, keep it safe... :phear:

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: