Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
A good way to keep your games in good shape?
Topic Started: Jun 2 2012, 02:33 AM (5,910 Views)
mikezelot
Member Avatar
Star Wolfs Worst Nightmare
I have been collecting N64 games for awhile and not for there monetary value but for there sentimental value. and i want to keep the games i have had since my childhood instead of just getting new ones. in other words i am more willing to pay 20$ to save my game that is only 2$ at the store.
but my question is what are some good ways to keep my games in good shape like a iseen some have been getting the picture sticker on the front slowly scratched. whats a good way to keep it from doing that? a case? a phone cover type thing? how do i keep them working i noticed some starting to lag too. any suggestions?
Posted Image N64 forever starfox 64 champion
"Im an elephant" - Conker
Both the n64 and the ps4 have 64 bit processors. Now I'm not saying the 64 could run crysis at 60 fps but I'm not saying it couldn't.
115 games
2 consoles
6 controllers
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SicCooper
Member Avatar
Veteran
mikezelot
Jun 2 2012, 02:33 AM
I have been collecting N64 games for awhile and not for there monetary value but for there sentimental value. and i want to keep the games i have had since my childhood instead of just getting new ones. in other words i am more willing to pay 20$ to save my game that is only 2$ at the store.
but my question is what are some good ways to keep my games in good shape like a iseen some have been getting the picture sticker on the front slowly scratched. whats a good way to keep it from doing that? a case? a phone cover type thing? how do i keep them working i noticed some starting to lag too. any suggestions?
if you are playing N64 on a flat screen HDTV, that is what is causing the lag. If they are boxed games, visit this website:

www.videogameboxprotectors.com

Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
i higly recommend these protector. i will buy 100 of them in the upcoming weeks. they give a verygood results

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr251/CabanonGH/N64/20111231_121937.jpg

Brodieman
Member Avatar
For just carts I have seen plastic cases with the cover art for the game on ebay but I'm not sure where to get them other then that. I use a drawer for my carts like this one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-64-N64-12-Game-Case-Drawer-/160812991977?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item25713385e9#ht_500wt_1416
They come bigger also and can hold 24 carts
:bowser: MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL :bowser:

N.A. Consoles CIB - 9/9 JAP Consoles CIB - 10/10 World Wide Console Releases CIB 16/16 Controllers CIB - 26/30 (Loose - 30/30 Promo - 4/4) Sealed Games 80/296

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
the thing is... if you use the carts, the labels will eventually get scratched or damaged. Accidents will happen.
The only way to keep something mint is not to use it.
Posted Image

Norcal
Member Avatar

Brodieman
Jun 2 2012, 04:37 AM
For just carts I have seen plastic cases with the cover art for the game on ebay but I'm not sure where to get them other then that. I use a drawer for my carts like this one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-64-N64-12-Game-Case-Drawer-/160812991977?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item25713385e9#ht_500wt_1416
They come bigger also and can hold 24 carts
I wouldn't recommend buying the plastic cases on eBay, they rip you off really. Those cases are ideal though - you can buy universal game cases for 42 cents each here and print the cover art on photo paper from www.thecoverproject.net. After all the expenses, it's really about $1 a case
Posted Image

Heinrold
Member Avatar
Here is a link to a European solution, if you are searching for box protectors.

http://www.retrogamefreak.com/c-1454403/snug-fit-box-protectors-n64/
:n64: = :)
Always many PAL games for sale:
http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/topic/7338905/1

mikezelot
Member Avatar
Star Wolfs Worst Nightmare
Im looking for just protection of the carts atlaest the pictures on them anyways
Posted Image N64 forever starfox 64 champion
"Im an elephant" - Conker
Both the n64 and the ps4 have 64 bit processors. Now I'm not saying the 64 could run crysis at 60 fps but I'm not saying it couldn't.
115 games
2 consoles
6 controllers

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
mikezelot
Jun 4 2012, 03:48 AM
Im looking for just protection of the carts atlaest the pictures on them anyways
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=170797665683&index=3&nav=SEARCH&nid=83005489776

Would be ok if you don't have loads of carts.
Clarky & Smithy Creations YouTube Channel

LordXaero
Member Avatar
Established Member
If you're looking to protect your carts themselves, do yourself a favor and buy some Universal Game Cases

http://www.mediashelving.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=W&Product_Code=USCG&Category_Code=VHS

Posted Image
Posted Image

I have been using these for several years now, and they make a great substitute for your lose cartridge games. Cover art can even be printed out using thecoverproject.net
"Heaven Knows I'll Miss You Now You're Gone"

DMDJeff64
How about for controllers? I have a couple of collectible 64 controllers I would like to store. Any suggestions?

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
DMDJeff64
Jun 11 2012, 08:38 PM
How about for controllers? I have a couple of collectible 64 controllers I would like to store. Any suggestions?
Order some clear box protectors from Clearbags.com :yeah:
Clarky & Smithy Creations YouTube Channel

DMDJeff64
clarky_n64
Jun 12 2012, 02:06 AM
DMDJeff64
Jun 11 2012, 08:38 PM
Order some clear box protectors from Clearbags.com :yeah:
Awesome thanks for recommendation

Nagato
Member Avatar
Instead of making a new thread (I may have to if I don't get replies here) what is the best way to store your games that are in boxes? (See below before you reply!!!)

1) Protective box covers
2) Flat packing the boxes

I don't know what to do. :( Protective box covers seems to be very expensive If I was to buy one for every boxed game I own (plus more that I will be buying and am buying now).
Flat packing won't cost me a cent since I have storage boxes to put them all into, however, does it ruin the boxes at all?

I will have some left out for display, so it may be worth buying a few protective boxes just for the display ones?

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
Hey there Nagato! (I appreciate your contributing to an established thread, instead of creating a new one.) :yeah:

I'd say get a few of the protective boxes for the ones you'd like to display, and just flat-pack the rest. IMO, the unflattened boxes take up way too much space and are more likely to be in danger of getting damaged. I don't think any sort of damage can come to them if you flatten them (this is how they were printed, after all)... in fact, doing this might even benefit some boxes that have some minor creases!

I've always flattened my boxes, and then to prevent the tabs from being ripped/folded I would plastic-wrap them in groups of 5-10 (which also helps keeps the surfaces from getting abrasion wear). Then I stuff them into boxes... here's my finished product, which is somewhere between 150-200 N64 boxes:

Posted Image
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), The Swapper, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Nagato
Member Avatar
Thanks for the reply floorcat.

I think I will flat-pack my boxes after all. Cheers!

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
I wouldnt want to hide my collection away like that, I am runnign out of space but I will always find a way :yeah: :yeah:
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

Cabanon
Elite
Nagato
Jan 24 2013, 06:07 AM
Protective box covers seems to be very expensive
for less than a buck each, I think that's pretty cheap to protect multiple valuable games.

MR-J
Member Avatar
Established Member
I highly recommend this site,although ive not ordered any myself yet i have had a sample from them and they are excellent quality.

sentinel64

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Cabanon
Jan 25 2013, 06:38 AM
Nagato
Jan 24 2013, 06:07 AM
Protective box covers seems to be very expensive
for less than a buck each, I think that's pretty cheap to protect multiple valuable games.
The issue I think is wanting people to buy in large quantities.
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

Z890
Established Member
Does anyone else flat pack their boxes? Sounds a good idea but i heard that on the edges the colour will break and you will get white lines there. Some consensus on this would be good, i'd prefer to get a lot of space back!

@floorcat - They are printed whilst flat but i imagine they are fully open, then bent into a box shape and glued together...so the edges are never fully squashed flat (only at 90 degress).

(I heard that checking the flap on an apparently new sealed n64 game for this white line can help to know whether it has been opened)

edit heres one mention of that - point 10: http://www.gooddealgames.com/articles/SNES_Sealing.html

Edited by Z890, Apr 28 2013, 03:00 PM.

Striker
I think flattening boxes isn't a great idea. You're definitely causing one side to be damaged, without a doubt. Tuperware plastic containers can be bought for cheap and are very good from crushing your boxes.
Wii U ID- Striker3

N64freak21
Member Avatar
Yep, invest some money into some box protectors for valuable games. I recommend these :yoshirider:
Box Protectors

TheJuice401
Member Avatar
i use plastic baggies from ebay that fit the games
Posted Image
wtb - really want an extreme green controller cib :/

N64freak21
Member Avatar
I use Ziplocks for loose games :)

TheJuice401
Member Avatar
I used to do that for my NFR carts but looked to sloppy ( used ducktape on backs so plastic wasnt all over the place) these baggies fit the carts perfectly!
Posted Image

N64freak21
Member Avatar
Could you give me a link :P I wanna try em out :) :applause:

TheJuice401
Member Avatar
http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-N64-OR-FAMICOM-GAME-CARTRIDGE-BAGS-PROTECT-YOUR-LOOSE-GAMES-NINTENDO-/330914473507?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d0c0a2623
Posted Image

Majora's Mask
Member Avatar
Established Member
^ Those bags seem great!

Do you/anyone know if the same quality bags are available from a different seller, one that ships worldwide?

TheJuice401
Member Avatar
not sure i only buy from him to be honest. try sending him a message! they should only ship in like an envelope or something so im sure he can do it.
Posted Image

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Nintendo 64 Guides, FAQs, and Information · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: