Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Forum Banner Change; Post your purposed banner for the forum here
Topic Started: Jun 20 2012, 12:00 PM (2,683 Views)
Thegt550
Member Avatar
N64/ Classic Car parts Hunter
Just suggesting to change the banner maybe do like a contest. To each Member can summit up to 3 different Banners and then we vote for the vest looking one. Although we need approved of moderator :)
Edited by clarky_n64, Jul 18 2012, 03:38 AM.
STAFF WARNING ABOUT THIS MEMBER: http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/topic/7400206/1/
I Arthur J. Garcia
Declare that i will Help People with their problems regarding the Golden N controller
this does not apply to people who resold theirs and dint bought it from TheGt550
I will sale whats left of my collection to help.(jusco,np100,japan blue/white)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
@ValorNet and Clarky: There is some serous talent here (and Clarky, didn't realize yours ran into the graphics area, too!!)

@lithium: Could your letters be shaded/shadowboxed like Clarky's to give a little offset from the background?
Edited by bluedogrulez, Jul 25 2012, 12:10 PM.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

lithium017
Member Avatar
Is Now Posting With Power
bluedogrulez
Jul 25 2012, 12:06 PM
@ValorNet and Clarky: There is some serous talent here (and Clarky, didn't realize yours ran into the graphics area, too!!)

@lithium: Could your letters be shaded/shadowboxed like Clarky's to give a little offset from the background?
Sure thing and I agree. I am on it.
Click For Nintendo Collecting Youtube Page

N64 Consoles: 16 / 16 N64 Controllers 29 / 30 N64 Accessories: 8 / 10
NES: 32 --- SNES: 133 --- N64: 64 --- Gamecube: 78--- Wii: 75 --- WiiU: 14

Flare Dancer
Member Avatar
There's no need to copy the look of the existing banner - try something original!

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
I think GT's is excellent, I like the white background more because it makes the hardware "pop" more.

I vote for this one. It looks modern while being Retro, very classy.

Posted Image
Edited by TNT737373, Jul 25 2012, 05:11 PM.

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
I really like the first one and the second one that clarky made. Looking good :yeah:
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

ValorNET
Member Avatar
N64 Banner

Posted Image

Anything you'd like tweaked on this one, just post your suggestion.
Posted Image
@FaceBook @Twitter @YouTube
Posted Image

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
OK, we will continue taking submissions until August 8th. That allows 2 more weeks for people to make their banner submissions.

To all those submitting entries: post as many as you like in this topic, but I will need to know everyone's 3 official entries by the 8th. My advice would be that if you are posting many possibilities here, pick your selected 3 based on the positive feedback you get.

After the 8th, I will make some sort of poll. I will leave it open for a week maybe. My thoughts are that the top 3 banners get a theme/skin. I would also like to keep our classic default and dark as options. Anybody else have any thoughts on the matter? Should all submitted banners come ready to work with whatever colored background? (transparent background I mean)

Flare Dancer
Member Avatar
Here's a cool pic I found which might be useful:

Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
good idea stinger. prob makes sense that people have a choice as to what they want by making the best 3 in an option down the bottom for them to select.
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

lithium017
Member Avatar
Is Now Posting With Power
Posted Image

Fixed. I think the text is much more legible now.

Stinger I think keeping the previous options as skins is a good idea
Edited by lithium017, Jul 26 2012, 01:28 AM.
Click For Nintendo Collecting Youtube Page

N64 Consoles: 16 / 16 N64 Controllers 29 / 30 N64 Accessories: 8 / 10
NES: 32 --- SNES: 133 --- N64: 64 --- Gamecube: 78--- Wii: 75 --- WiiU: 14

Norcal
Member Avatar

Was messing around on photoshop i'll have some more later, this is really just a concept -- If people like the idea I can make a seperate topic where people can post if they want their name on it. I'll use a different font so I can fit more in there.

Posted Image
http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg521/norcal9593/b3ddf22e.gif

Without the names:

Posted Image
http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg521/norcal9593/ad4c10ee.png
Posted Image

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
Flaredancer: Why don't you try something original rather than just posting images? :rollseyes:

Norcal: I really like the last one you made. Really pro looking!
Clarky & Smithy Creations YouTube Channel

jonebone
Member Avatar
Yeah, some good ideas on this page. I like the plain one by Norcal as well. The one with user names shows favoritism and doesn't account for any new members who may join the site and become regulars. Nice ideas so far.
Edited by jonebone, Jul 26 2012, 05:37 AM.

Flare Dancer
Member Avatar
clarky_n64
Jul 26 2012, 01:59 AM
Flaredancer: Why don't you try something original rather than just posting images? :rollseyes:
I said why - I have no image editing talent.

Lithium: I prefer the one without the text borders.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Lithium: I prefer the black letter outline one as well.

Norcal: very nice looking banner!

The one with the names is interesting. Perhaps something like that could be considered for members over a certain number of posts and having been a member for a certain amount of time. I am just trying to think of a way to fairly do something like that.

Thanks to those of you posting your work!

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Hey everyone, a quick update:

All banners to be considered must be posted in the "Official Banner Entry Topic" at the top of this section. I would hate for somebody to miss out because they didn't officially submit their entry(ies). Please take time to read the rules, and submit your images. Thank you.

macN64
Member Avatar
stinger9142

My thoughts are that the top 3 banners get a theme/skin. I would also like to keep our classic default and dark as options.
Sounds good. :yeah:

I've had a crack at a banner, but I warn you, I'm rubbish at graphic design. I'm just posting it here for now, but I might promote it to the entry topic. If you like the overall design of my entry but think you could do it better, feel free to make your own and enter it as your own (or offer it back to me :whistle: ). I think my "additions" could look better as a simple 3D render in the style of the spinning Nintendo logo at the beginning of Mario Kart 64.

I typed up a piece talking you through the banner and... I went a bit overboard. X_D I've hidden excess bits in spoiler tags and included summaries at the bottom of each.

With that said, onwards.

Characters:
First of all, I've not included any characters. I'm not very keen on the idea of including characters in the banner.
Spoiler: click to toggle
In short, I find characters to be a bit overdone and divisive (in that only a few can be included, and others are left out).

Now, here is my design. It's probably best if you treat it as a sort of demonstration of the design idea:
Posted Image

The logo is the same as before, except for the controllers in wreaths to the left and right of the main logo.

At first glance:
- Built upon current banner, rather than complete overhaul.
- Simple.
- Hopefully appears somewhat "classy".
- Will hopefully age gracefully (even if occasional facelifts are required, much like Google's logo)

Why the controllers?:
No favouritism (like there would be if we used a handful of characters). It's the console's "symbol" or "emblem". Well recognised. Looks quite elegant. Everyone here - collector, gamer, fan, or modifier - should be able to get behind the symbol of the controller.

Why the Wreaths/Classical design?:
Wreaths can symbolise victory, achievement, status and occupation (we're quite preoccupied with the Nintendo 64 and think highly of it). Looks quite classy/classical. The controller inside doesn't look all that out of place. It's also slightly tongue in cheek: on one hand, our 1996 game console isn't as classical or prestigious as the wreath would let on, but on the other hand, the console is now retro (classic), we have N64 historians among us, some members here have N64 museums for game rooms - maybe it is fitting after all?

The whole thing:
We're proud of our console, defying it's critics!

(Potential) problems I can see:
- It's poorly executed (I'm rubbish at graphic design)
- It's a little too serious/exclusive/over the top (maybe almost cult-like?), possibly intimidating to site guests or newbies.
- It's a bit dull (shape/design, not colourful, not vivid enough)
- It's lacking characters/game art (not a problem for me, but possibly for other members)
- It's pretentious (even though that's sort of the ironic, joking side of it)
- Overly based on western culture/symbolism. Perhaps excludes people from other parts of the world, such as far east Asia, the region of the console's homeland?

Phew! Done! :) Thoughts?
Youtube

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Nice work! Demonstration or not, it looks pretty good viewing it on my phone. The design is simple and effective.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Hey everyone. This is your friendly reminder. The entry period for new banner designs ends tomorrow. We have several quality banners in this post that did not get officially entered in the submission topic. I suppose I will have to add them myself if I have too. Just please if you have a banner you want considered, please get it entered before tomorrow night, Thank you

« Previous Topic · Help and Suggestions · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: