Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Change language on N64; How to change language on Nintendo 64.
Topic Started: Jun 29 2012, 08:22 AM (11,087 Views)
mile1976
Hello,

I am a newbie in Nintendo 64 world and got the system some time ago. My problem is that the games are in german. Is there a way to change system language in Nintendo 64 or is every Game Pak "hard set" to a specific language?

Regards
Mikael
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Hi welcome!

If you have a PAL-region console, some PAL region games have an option menu that allows you to select from a few languages. For example, my NES Smurfs game (a PAL release) has an option for German, English and French (and perhaps a few more).
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
Which games do you own? like bluedogrulez said above "some" may have a langauge option but if you state which games you own on here I'm sure most members from the PAL region will be able to tell you if the game has a langauge option or not.

Clarky & Smithy Creations YouTube Channel

mile1976
The game is F-1 World Grand Prix (NUS-006 (EUR)). The language when the game starts is german and I prefer english.

zoki64
Member Avatar
Most PAL games have the language select option. If you would like this game in english then i recommend getting it from ebay.co.uk.
BTW you would have the same problems with all of the pokemon games if you would get them on the german ebay site.
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
mile1976
Jun 30 2012, 08:09 AM
The game is F-1 World Grand Prix (NUS-006 (EUR)). The language when the game starts is german and I prefer english.
Love that game! "That's your best lap so far!" is one of my favorite voice samples in the N64.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

SJ Cooper
Member Avatar
My PAL imports counts around 20 games. In most cases while console boots you have to hold A or B to change language. :P
Everything you imagine is possible.

AaronN64
Member Avatar
Established Member
you can change the langauge to nearly all games by holding A when booting up system
you cannot change the language to any of the pokemon games....
everything else i believe you can.

Nuno
Member Avatar
Veteran
Here's my version: I grabbed 2 random games (PAL) from the shelve, SMB and KillerInstinct and pressing "A" while booting didn't work. So I'm not sure it works with nearly all games...

I do know that it works with MarioParty, that being the only way to do so (no in-game menu).

And I also know that for Pokemon Stadium and Snap, german cartridges with the "EUR-NOE" code are german language only! Language cannot be changed. Maybe some other games are like this too.

Z890
Established Member
Related to this game heres an interview about some of the development as well as pilot wings if your interested:

http://n64blog.com/interview-dan-hess-composer-pilotwings-64/

Edited by Z890, Jul 27 2013, 05:23 PM.

MrKoippa
Member Avatar
Retired gamer
edit
Edited by MrKoippa, Feb 6 2016, 05:59 AM.

« Previous Topic · Nintendo 64 Guides, FAQs, and Information · Next Topic »
Add Reply