Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
N64 Game-Off 2012-2013 Club Nintendo Year (FINISHED); Let's Beat As Many As We Can 07/1/12-06/30/13
Topic Started: Jul 16 2012, 03:35 PM (20,624 Views)
lithium017
Member Avatar
Is Now Posting With Power
Annual Club Nintendo Year N64 Gaming Challenge!

To celebrate our forum, we discussed ideas in the 1000 Members discussion thread. Several of us thought it would be a good idea to follow nintenod Age's idea of trying to beat as many games as possible in 1 year - but let's put our own spin on it and do it in 1 Club Nintendo year. The goal will be to complete as many games as possible before midnight on June 30th, 2013. We can include any games already completed this Club Nintendo year by members, just take a screenshot / post it.

Rules:

1.Only 1 Game can be 'Claimed' per person at a time - multiple people are free to beat the same game if desired but first person to claim it, gets it (please check previous posts to make sure the game is not already claimed after an update post from me)
2.Difficulty level does not matter
3.Sports games are to be beaten via a championship, or state what you completed
4.Some games have no actual ending so state what you challenged yourself to do to "complete" the game
5.Beating the final boss (if there is one) is mandatory - 100% completion is not required, but welcomed
6.After you beat the game, take a screen shot of the ending credits (this needs to be the actual end credits and not taken via the home menu option to go to the credits)
7.Post the picture and try to include how long it took you to beat the game (actual duration in approximate hours, as well as length of time Ex. 2 weeks, a month, etc.), what you completed (final boss, 100% etc), and your personal enjoyment level
8.I will update the list of completed games alphabetically once a week or so via a comment, and games that are completed will be shown in a different color

NEW!! Achievement Levels:
:n64: E3 Gold Level: 15 or more games completed
--Highlander(34), Majora's Mask(22)

:applause: NP100 Gold Level: 10-14 game completed:
--Heinrold(13), bluedogrulez(12)

:yeah: T.R.U. Gold Level: 5-9 games completed:
--Omnert (9), SicCooper(6), Spidercolt(5), Randomgeek(5)

:D Silver Level: 2-4 games completed:
--Clarky_N64(4), macN64(4), Slowbird(3), James92(2), Gooman130(3), DeeMoney(3), Alice Lawless(2), acomicbookguyyc(2), TNT737373(2), buddy1983(2), lithium017(2), Toad (2).

:shades: Bronze level: 1 game completed
--Cypher, danilochka, hockeylife21, HoldStartSelect, Mykur, Renad, SHOTEE, Vekoman, xChrisos, cyan_phoenix, stinger9142, Agent of Ligar, mrdanielcroker, floorcat, RocMan

Spoiler: click to toggle

-------------------------------------------------
FINAL TALLY: 152 Completed (rev. Post#559)

2012-N64-Game-Off.xlsx rev. 02-11-13

:n64: Go! :n64:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
Agcurbasiti
Member Avatar
O yes :o . Sorry wasn't thinking.

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
I'm calling Namco Museum completed. As discussed above, NM64 is a collection of 6 arcade games without endings. Here's my list of achievements (after about 20 hours of retro bliss gameplay):

Pac-Man

Ms. Pac-Man

Galaga

Galaxian

Dig Dug

Pole Position
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

RocMan
Member Avatar
Established Member
Congrats BDR for defeating Nacmo Muesem :yeah:
Edited by RocMan, Jun 16 2013, 04:33 PM.
Nintendo 64 Collection

1 Grey System
19 Games
4 Controllers
All I need for Goldeneye!

Nintendo ID: RocSolidGaming
PSN: crixmayhem77

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Thanks, RocMan! And great job as always, Majora's Mask!!

:n64: Okay, folks, ONLY TWO WEEKS LEFT for the 2012-2013 N64 Game-Off! We've downed 146 titles . . . and I am really hoping we top 150. So if you are one of the 23 members with a claimed game to finish, please impress us with your retro gaming ability! :n64:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Gold Jinjo
Member Avatar
I'd really like to contribute, but all the games I have been done already.

Will we be restarting this once it's over?

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
As mentioned above, the staff is current reviewing what's next . . . .
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

lithium017
Member Avatar
4 more to break 150 which is outstanding! Keep going gamers :n64: :yeah:
Click For Nintendo Collecting Youtube Page

N64 Consoles: 16 / 16 N64 Controllers 29 / 30 N64 Accessories: 8 / 10
NES: 32 --- SNES: 133 --- N64: 64 --- Gamecube: 78--- Wii: 75 --- WiiU: 14

Heinrold
Member Avatar
I haven't been here for a while but have been happily reading how good it is going. Unfortunately I did not have the time and/or effort to beat any more games.

If the 150 will be beaten or not, it is great fun to read through this topic and you will be inspired a lot!
:n64: = :)
Always many PAL games for sale:
http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/topic/7338905/1

Omnert
Member Avatar
Collector of everything.
I finished Wheel of Fortune. I won on all three difficulties (easy, medium, hard).
I wasn't fast enough with my camera to take a picture of the easy win screen, but I got medium and hard and the credits.
Photos

It took about 2 hours total. Easy and medium were pretty easy, but hard was surprisingly difficult (imagine that :lol: ). It didn't help that most of the references were incredibly dated and I had no clue who or what they were referring to.

Now to see if there are any other games I can beat quickly before the game-off ends...
Edited by Omnert, Jun 28 2013, 06:07 PM.
Current N64 focus: NTSC-U carts. Current count: 108/296 (36.5%), 4 NTSC-J.

Non-N64 Items:

Omnert
Member Avatar
Collector of everything.
I just finished Knife Edge: NoseGunner on easy. I found it to be an enjoyable, addictive and challenging game. It reminded me of playing arcade games back in the 90s. Definitely something I'd like to play again, perhaps on normal next time.
Pictures

The game was pretty hard, even on easy. It took me about 7 hours, though a good part of that was spent replaying the last level over and over (and over and over...). The last level and boss were incredibly hard, but I ended up with 78% total completion, and that's good enough for now.
Edited by Omnert, Jun 29 2013, 01:13 AM.

Non-N64 Items:

lithium017
Member Avatar
Way to go Omnert with those 2! Any chance you beat Glover too?

Our total is at 149!
Click For Nintendo Collecting Youtube Page

N64 Consoles: 16 / 16 N64 Controllers 29 / 30 N64 Accessories: 8 / 10
NES: 32 --- SNES: 133 --- N64: 64 --- Gamecube: 78--- Wii: 75 --- WiiU: 14

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
We have found our closer!! Way to go Omnert!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Omnert
Member Avatar
Collector of everything.
Thanks guys! And no, unfortunately I haven't finished Glover yet, and it doesn't look like I'm going to finish it before time runs out. It's a much harder game than I expected it to be and I keep getting stuck.

I'm running low on games that I own that have not already been finished by someone else, but hopefully I can find at least one more that I can finish by tomorrow. It'd be nice to reach 150 games total. I'm about to sit down and try out a few games I haven't really played yet. Hopefully one of them will speak to me.
Edited by Omnert, Jun 29 2013, 04:25 PM.

Non-N64 Items:

Toad
Member Avatar
Toad is here!

Posted Image

I have completed Mario Party! Yahoooo! My friends and I have played a marathon of Mario Party last week to celebrate another year of school finishing. We have played the following boards:

DK's Jungle Adventure
Peach's Birthday Cake
Yoshi's Tropical Island
Wario's Battle Canyon
Luigi's Engine Room
Mario's Rainbow Castle
Bowser's Magma Mountain
Eternal Star

from Monday, June 24th to Friday, June 28th. My friend Mike (Peach) won 1 board, my friend Tom (Yoshi) two boards, my friend Zach (Luigi) won two boards, and I (Mario) won three boards. All 8 boards took us about 17 hours. It was really fun playing all of these boards and I will certainly remember the last week as a great week in my life.

Due to limits on my cell phone, I only took a single picture from Eternal Star; my friend Zach won this board. Here it is:

Posted Image

Yay! 150 Games Completed!
Posted Image
Currently Playing: Mario Tennis (N64) and Mario Party 2
37/64 Cartridges of N64 Games[53% Complete]

Omnert
Member Avatar
Collector of everything.
I just finished Battletanx: Global Assault on easy. For some reason I thought I had already completed it for game-off purposes, but once I realized I hadn't I decided to play through it again. The Battletanx games are both great, and some of my favorites for the N64. It's just too bad 3DO never created/released a third one for the :n64: .

It took about ten hours total.

Congratulations Toad on completing Mario Party! Great job :yeah: We've collectively finished over 150 now, time to partay!

:applause: :dance: :gift: :dance: :dk: :bowser:
Edited by Omnert, Jun 30 2013, 12:29 PM.

Non-N64 Items:

macN64
Member Avatar
Here's another. All quests in Vigilante 8: Second Offence completed on medium difficulty. :)

Congrats on breaking through the 150 mark everyone! :applause:
Youtube

Xephyrian
Member Avatar
Master Chief of the Universe
Well guys, much to my dismay I accept defeat :(

Indiana Jones was just too much for me. I got really sick of it after about 4 levels and didn't really touch it for like 27 months. With the game off ending I decided about two weeks back that I'm just gonna have to grit my teeth and beat it but it's waaaay too long and difficult/unplayable for my limited gaming abilities. I beat 12/17 levels and it took 18:07 minutes.

I may still be interested in beating it if after the game off we just go for all games completed but after playing it so much it's just lost practically all of its appeal.
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
And there's the gun! It's over, folks. Great job by our participants, 151 games beaten, including games exclusive to the NTSC-U, NTSC-J and PAL regions!

Stay tuned for what's next . . . .
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Toad
Member Avatar
bluedogrulez
Jul 1 2013, 06:50 AM
And there's the gun! It's over, folks. Great job by our participants, 151 games beaten, including games exclusive to the NTSC-U, NTSC-J and PAL regions!

Stay tuned for what's next . . . .
I think we have beaten 152 games. On November 19, 2012, Omnert beat BattleTanx not Battletanx: Global Assault. "I finished Battletanx Campaign mode on normal. Took about 6 hours." Yesterday, he beat Battletanx: Global Assault.

150) Toad - Mario Party
151) Omnert - Battletanx: Global Assault
152) macN64 - Vigilante 8: Second Offence
Posted Image
Currently Playing: Mario Tennis (N64) and Mario Party 2
37/64 Cartridges of N64 Games[53% Complete]

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Thanks Toad, you are correct! That means we beat 152 AND our excellent participant Omnert beat 10 games, achieving NP100 Gold Status.

Thanks again to all who participated, and a special thanks to Highlander and Majora's Mask, who dominated more titles that I could ever dream single participants would beat. Outstanding job, everyone.

P.S. The successor to the 2012-13 N64 Game-Off is going to be posted VERY shortly.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Omnert
Member Avatar
Collector of everything.
Although I would like to have reached NP100 Gold Status, I think I only finished 9 games. So close!

And I can't wait to hear what's next!

Non-N64 Items:

« Previous Topic · Gaming Competitions & Achievements · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: