Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Calling all members!; Suggestions wanted
Topic Started: Jul 16 2012, 05:11 PM (3,999 Views)
lithium017
Member Avatar
Is Now Posting With Power
Norcal
Jul 16 2012, 05:23 PM
Here's a few suggestions I have :) , i'll edit this and elaborate a bit more later:

• New Forum Skin(s)
  • New Images (Logo, Forum Markers, Signatures, Avatars, favicon, etc) - I can assist with these as well as a forum skin
  • Perhaps a N64 Modding Forum. A subforum to Nintendo 64 Topics, not necessarily its own section.
  • Maybe adding lists to the drop down menu at the top. Like NTSC, PAL, etc lists of Nintendo 64 games.
  • A dedicated Gallery section where people can post their collections and update their progress on them.
  • An actual "Announcements" or "Important Information" section, not sure why but the Welcome and Guidelines section is used as a replacement for this; I think it would be more welcoming to have a dedicated Introduction section seperate from Site announcements. In addition to the Introduction section maybe each moderator/admin can post their own pinned topic about themselves in it.
  • Dedicated Off-Topic sections - Music/Movies, Comedy, GFX & Media

I agree with Norcal's ideas. Plus, the PM system (if possible) correction idea.

A new banner would be nice I think.

If possible, the ability to edit a first post in the For Sale Thread would then allow us to only have 1 topic per member for things for sale, and things that are wanted (Nintendo Age does this and it keeps down the clutter). Posts in other discussions I am not overly concerned about editing them too often
Click For Nintendo Collecting Youtube Page

N64 Consoles: 16 / 16 N64 Controllers 29 / 30 N64 Accessories: 8 / 10
NES: 32 --- SNES: 133 --- N64: 64 --- Gamecube: 78--- Wii: 75 --- WiiU: 14
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lithium017
Member Avatar
I like the new list. It is simple but effective for separating our ideas

lithium017
Member Avatar
I think the Trading Section could be moved up, but not entirely to the top. Perhaps it should be immediately after the "Nintendo 64" section but before the "Everything Else" Section

lithium017
Member Avatar
Flare Dancer
Jul 21 2012, 01:00 PM
Three small adjustments:

2. In Guides & FAQs, put a comma after FAQs

Actually, the comma placement after the 2nd item in a list is arbitrary and personal choice. Goooo studying English in university :P

I think the small blurb under "Want to trade & Auction Listings" should also be altered from:

"Buy, Sell, Trade and Wanted items! For video game-related items ONLY. Buy/Sell/Trade at your own risk!"

to something like

"For trading and personal auctions for video games only. No Ebay auctions here please."

« Previous Topic · Help and Suggestions · Next Topic »
Add Reply