Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Calling all members!; Suggestions wanted
Topic Started: Jul 16 2012, 05:11 PM (4,001 Views)
Norcal
Member Avatar

Here's a few suggestions I have :) , i'll edit this and elaborate a bit more later:

• New Forum Skin(s)
  • New Images (Logo, Forum Markers, Signatures, Avatars, favicon, etc) - I can assist with these as well as a forum skin
  • Perhaps a N64 Modding Forum. A subforum to Nintendo 64 Topics, not necessarily its own section.
  • Maybe adding lists to the drop down menu at the top. Like NTSC, PAL, etc lists of Nintendo 64 games.
  • A dedicated Gallery section where people can post their collections and update their progress on them.
  • An actual "Announcements" or "Important Information" section, not sure why but the Welcome and Guidelines section is used as a replacement for this; I think it would be more welcoming to have a dedicated Introduction section seperate from Site announcements. In addition to the Introduction section maybe each moderator/admin can post their own pinned topic about themselves in it.
  • Ventrilo Server (Voice Chat) - I don't expect this to happen, but thought i'd throw it out there anyways just in case. I've been an administrator to a community for around 5 years and we got a Ventrilo server for our members to chill on when they're at home. It's a great way to get to know members and form friendships. It also brings the community beyond just posting on a forum. Doesn't have to revolve around a specific topic like N64, but just a place for people to chat.
  • Dedicated Off-Topic sections - Music/Movies, Comedy, GFX & Media

Edited by Norcal, Jul 16 2012, 05:44 PM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Norcal
Member Avatar

Cabanon
Jul 16 2012, 09:29 PM
better post/thread started search by member. ie. get rid of the month/year search and gather it all in 1 spot and move page by page.
I'm 99% sure that's not possible. That's just the way Zetaboards manages its search system.
Posted Image

Norcal
Member Avatar

Nice to see some changes :)
Posted Image

Norcal
Member Avatar

macN64
Jul 22 2012, 01:18 PM
Could anyone clarify a few of things for me?

Is the site's "skin" the same thing as the site's "theme" (the drop down box at the bottom left)?

How much control do we have over the themes, e.g. how much can we customise them, can different banners be assigned to different themes, and can we add more of them?
You can customize basically everything about the layout of the forum. and yes, different banners can be assigned to different themes.
Posted Image

Norcal
Member Avatar

I haven't had time recently to make any new ones unfortunately :(
Posted Image

Norcal
Member Avatar

zombi
Oct 18 2012, 05:08 AM
These forums really need a link to "View New Posts Since Last Visit" or "View Unread Posts".

I hate navigating through every sub-forum looking for topics that I haven't read.
It's not that great, but Zetaboards does offer an "Active Topics" function (which is located at the bottom of the page on board index) that shows new posts on topics. It's a pretty basic feature and doesn't have many customizable search options, but it gets the job done for the most part.

http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/search/?c=5

As seen on the board index:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Norcal
Member Avatar

It's nice looking back at the old posts seeing how much we've improved. :D

Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Help and Suggestions · Next Topic »
Add Reply