Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Using other region consoles
Topic Started: Jul 17 2012, 09:03 AM (1,421 Views)
K87
Member Avatar
Hey all this might have been asked before or it may be a stupid question but I was wondering how to go about using other region consoles. Is it possible to use a console from another region such as Japan by plugging in a power pack from an Australian console or is it more complicated than that?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cabanon
Elite
there shouldnt be any problem as the power supply is in the power pack.

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

Is it possible to use a console from another region such as Japan by plugging in a power pack from an Australian console

yep, thats really all there is to it... use a local power supply and the console works.
But your TV also has to support NTSC video signal because that is what Japanese (and USA) consoles put out.

Posted Image

K87
Member Avatar
Awesome thanks for your help guys :)

danny_galaga
Member Avatar
Mk II
Jul 17 2012, 12:48 PM
Quote:

Is it possible to use a console from another region such as Japan by plugging in a power pack from an Australian console

yep, thats really all there is to it... use a local power supply and the console works.
But your TV also has to support NTSC video signal because that is what Japanese (and USA) consoles put out.

And for at LEAST the last ten years, PAL tellies support NTSC signals, so it should be sweet (",)

K87
Member Avatar
I couldn't create a new topic so ill write it here.

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but I just want to confirm before I make any purchases. Will North American gamecube memory cards work on pal consoles?

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

Will North American gamecube memory cards work on pal consoles?

yes.
the only things that dont work are games from a different region and the GBA Player.
Accessories in general can be used across the globe
Posted Image

Vekoma64
Member Avatar
I thought that you can not save a euro and usa save file on the same card, might be wrong but thought it was ethier euro card or usa one an it would erase the old regions saves if you save a new region to the card?
Nintendo gaming since 1989 WiiU NNID- Vekoma64

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

I thought that you can not save a euro and usa save file on the same card

thats probably true but not really a problem... just get another card.
You can never have enough memory cards
Posted Image

K87
Member Avatar
Vekoma64
Nov 28 2012, 08:53 AM
I thought that you can not save a euro and usa save file on the same card, might be wrong but thought it was ethier euro card or usa one an it would erase the old regions saves if you save a new region to the card?
I was doing some reading last night and from what I saw that was being associated with Japanese saves overwriting American saves

Ps thankyou MKII for your confirmation :)
Edited by K87, Nov 28 2012, 05:58 PM.

cyan_phoenix
^Yep, don't mix JPN saves with European (or American) saves - that is true at least in the case for the n64.

Australia

N64 CIB Collection (EUR/USA/JPN): Complete!

SuperNorst
Member Avatar
Wait, I can simply plug in my American N64 power supply and it wont fry a Japanese N64? I just want to make sure thats ok because I plan on getting a Daiei Hawks N64. Also, speaking of which, does anyone here know of an adapter that will let you play US games on a Japanese 64?
SEGA Does what Nintendon't.Posted Image Give Saturn a bit of your time too!

milkman
Established Member
Yup, I use my AU pack on Euro / Jap / US consoles with no worries :)

For your question about US games on Jap consoles, its just a matter of opening the console and making a few incisions / dremel the tabs so the cartridge fits. It doesn't need an adapter as such.

Although I guess if you didn't want to do that to something then get an adapter.
Edited by milkman, Dec 16 2013, 01:53 AM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Kick, Punch, It's all in the mind
cyan_phoenix
Nov 29 2012, 03:20 AM
^Yep, don't mix JPN saves with European (or American) saves - that is true at least in the case for the n64.

Is this really a issue? I have a few Japanese Gamecube saves on my memory card.
Posted Image

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
Anybody know if this is the case for the Wii u as well about just replacing the power supply? It's a pipe dream but I'd totally get a Japanese Wii u if I could
It must be exciting to never have played a Zelda game before - No64DD

« Previous Topic · Nintendo 64 Guides, FAQs, and Information · Next Topic »
Add Reply