Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Walking Dead; any other fans out there?
Topic Started: Jul 22 2012, 07:34 PM (2,207 Views)
stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
I have always enjoyed your typical "zombie appocalypse" movie. Dawn of the Dead, Shaun (sp?) Of the Dead, and Zombieland are some of my favorites. I was intruduced to The Walking Dead last year on Netflix, and loved it. I do not have cable, so I watched season 1 on Netflix, and season 2 was given to me on a flash drive by a family member. I absolutely love the show. The look, feel, and the music are so well done. I was just wondering if we had any other fans on here who might want to discuss its' awesomeness maybe? - Good lord, Typo city. I hate posting from my Blackberry...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Havnt seen it. Sounds pretty good tho, might check it out.
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I've only seen season one but I really liked it. I'm impatiently awaiting the release of season two on blu-ray so I can catch up a little.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Obviously I highly recommend it! It is very well acted too! I am on my second time through season 2, after finishing season 1 for the second time.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Picked up season 2 when it released on August 28th and, after re-watching season 1, I've gotten about five episodes in. I still love the show. I have some minor gripes about the second season so far but nothing to divert me from enjoying it wholeheartedly.
Edited by The Red Shadow, Sep 6 2012, 02:58 PM.

Punk64
Member Avatar
hmm I'm still unsure what I think of it

The beginning of season 1 was amazing but then it went downhill and I think it's only just about recovered at the end of season 2. Only a month to go till season 3 :o

Have you read the comics/graphic novel? Apparently it's even better than the show.
Current PAL Collection (Cart Only) #26

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
I was aware of them of course, but never read them. I have heard a few people be less than pumped about the second season, but I have liked it as much as the first. I finally burned myself out on it. I'll hopefully be fired up again by the time I get the chance to see season 3!

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
It will be a year before I get to see season 3 since I don't have cable. Maybe I'll try to check out the graphic novels in the meantime, and there are a few video game iterations of The Walking Dead that are worth getting into from what I hear.

I finished season 2 last night and I enjoyed it. I'm glad they are away from the farm though. I didn't expect the whole season would take place in the one setting.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Yeah, crazy it was all on the farm. I liked the location though really. I too do not have cable, so season 3 is a while off for me to unfortunately.

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
I really enjoyed season 1 and all the characters they introduced, the script was strong and each episode felt balanced between dialogue/action to keep your interest. However I got bored halfway into Season 2 when they introduced the family living in the woods off the highway. Didn't like the characters or locations so I stopped watching. Episodes got too talky and no progress was accomplished, seemed like they ran out of budget so they had to squeeze in a lineup of episodes that kept the characters in one place with little movement. If I hear good things about Season 3 I'll DVR some stuff and pick up from there, from what I've seen on this topic I'm really glad the group's gotten away from the farm I got sick of that place real fast, ha. Overall an excellent show though and AMC has the best stuff on standard cable.

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Just started watching Season 1 (up to episode 5) because of the talk here about the quality of this show. I must say my wife and I are enjoying it quite a bit. I enjoy TV shows that have a rolling story line, not something new every week. Gotta give this one a thumbs up, it's good. :yeah: :yeah:

Posted Image

corE
Member Avatar
Keep watching. I finally saw the rest of season 2 (since it's on netflix now), and I am not let down at all.

I don't have cable either, so I have to wait to see it when it comes to DVD.

I have heard that it doesn't follow the comics 100%, but that's okay, since I hate reading.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I can't stand the thought of waiting until next year to watch season 3 but at least there are a few cool video games out there to play. There is an episodic Walking Dead game that is up through episode 4 on PSN and XBox Live. There is a console shooter releasing before the holidays, if I remember correctly. And I've also seen advertising for some sort of social media type iteration as well. I haven't got to try the games but I hope to get into that episodic one as it plays out sort of like a cross between a choose-your-adventure and an action game. Tons of Let's Plays of it on YouTube but I refuse to watch them and have the story spoiled for me.

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
So is the game a download on Xbox live arcade or can you buy it from a game store??

Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
DeeMoney
Oct 15 2012, 11:38 PM
So is the game a download on Xbox live arcade or can you buy it from a game store??
The episodic game is a download on Xbox Live (for 400 MS points per episode) and the shooter is a retail game being released in December. Sorry, meant to clarify that better.
Edited by The Red Shadow, Oct 16 2012, 05:18 AM.

Cabanon
Elite
Season 3 Episode 1 was killer ! you guys need to watch this. probably more progress in 1 episode than the last season lol im pumped by season 3.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
I hate I will likely have to wait for the season to be long over to catch up! Enjoy it, you guys with cable ;)

Cabanon
Elite
stinger9142
Oct 16 2012, 07:51 PM
I hate I will likely have to wait for the season to be long over to catch up! Enjoy it, you guys with cable ;)
dude, seriously ? why wait ? google is your friend.

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
Cabanon
Oct 16 2012, 05:26 AM
Season 3 Episode 1 was killer ! you guys need to watch this. probably more progress in 1 episode than the last season lol im pumped by season 3.
A friend told me they were gonna buy me a subscription for Christmas since I kept whining about not having it, ha, non-stop zombie survival horror here I come! That and some meth brewing with Breaking Bad to kick off New Years.

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
TNT your taste in TV Shows is excellent :yeah: :yeah:

Posted Image

corE
Member Avatar
All of this Walking Dead talk, made me make a purchase. THANKS A LOT!!!

I'll post a pic when it arrives.

corE
Member Avatar
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9je7710qS1r8tyvto1_500.jpg

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
That is awesome!

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I wish I had went for that set instead of the plain one I got, but I did splurge and pre-order this:

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/the-walking-dead-collectors-edition/106178

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
That's a great pickup corE. Does the screwdriver come out??
Edited by DeeMoney, Oct 28 2012, 06:14 PM.

Posted Image

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
It says "extremely limited" but for some reason I still think they're gonna produce over 20,000 copies haha.

corE
Member Avatar
DeeMoney
Oct 28 2012, 05:34 PM
That's a great pickup corE. Does the screwdriver come out??
Yes, the screw driver comes out. It has to be stabbed in the eye, for the case to open up.

It's pretty sweet. I got the first season and this, both on Bluray, for like $65, and the zombie head alone has been selling on ebay for over $50.

I thought about getting that limited game and book set, but I'm not a reader, and like TNT said, I don't think it's going to be as "limited" as they say. If it was a hard cover book, I might have gotten it.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
corE
Oct 28 2012, 06:56 PM
I thought about getting that limited game and book set, but I'm not a reader, and like TNT said, I don't think it's going to be as "limited" as they say. If it was a hard cover book, I might have gotten it.
That's understandable. What sold me on the book is that it is the first 48 issues of the comic all in one book. I would prefer a hard cover book, too, though.

corE
Member Avatar
That is what almost sold me on the set too, but then I found out that that book already exists.

It's the Walking Dead Compendium vol 1. Vol 1 and 2 are available for about $36 each, at Barnes & Noble. For some stupid reason, they are $36ish online, and if you have them shipped to your door, but if you pick them up at the store, they are over $60 each.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
That's good to know. I'm a little ashamed to say that I had no interest in reading the comic/graphic novel until I saw this package with the episodic game. It would be much cheaper for me to just download the episodes that come in this package (including episode 5 which isn't out yet) but to get the book and the cool packaging was enough to persuade me to have something physical in my collection. I'm all about the packaging, even if that makes no financial sense. :lol:

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · TV, Movies, Music & Other Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: