Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
E3 controller
Topic Started: Jul 30 2012, 07:05 AM (1,896 Views)
Ausgamer355
Established Member
Wtb e3 controller
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ddr2nite
Member Avatar
Controller Collecting Extraordinaire
You might want to put more details like: what condition and how much you are able to pay.

Make sure you understand how much these controllers are and be realistic with your offer and know that it will probably go unfulfilled for some time as these are incredibly rare.

Please watch Lithium017's video here for more info: http://youtu.be/GhG4Jef3978
Posted ImageClick here to check out my N64 collection.
N64 Controllers: 30/30 Completed | ASCII Controllers: 15/15 Completed
N.A. Boxes: 8/8 Completed | Japan Boxes: 21/21 Completed
Full NTSC-J CIB Set: 198/198 Completed

"trust me, we all started with just one or two games
and then things kinda got out of hand
" - MK II

alekx
Or you could just offer more than everyone else and fulfill it quickly.

quagga
Member Avatar
ASDFGHJKL
alekx
Jul 30 2012, 03:51 PM
Or you could just offer more than everyone else and fulfill it quickly.
1g+

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Why has a new thread been started for this? There is an E3 for sale thread already, why don't you contact that seller if you want one.
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

i8ablueskittle
and it tasted good...
Dee somebody already purchased that controller
Forever searching for 1080 Snowboarding and 1080 Avalanche items.
Love N64 Prototypes and Unreleased games.
PM me or email me at i8ablueskittle@gmail.com

ItsOnlyAFleshWound
Yes It got sold apparently????? clarky the forum "Nazi" locking threads & whinging all the time got him hands on that thread pretty quick. its getting ridiculous on this site. take a chill pill.

I believe it was me with the $900 email offer on that E3 controller! but i never got a reply email or a chance to offer more??? just read the thread & its all over???? OK :eh:

& What about that shirt? if i didnt get it with $900 what member did?

Looks Like im also still in the hunt for an E3 controller.

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
ItsOnlyAFleshWound
Aug 1 2012, 12:23 AM
Yes It got sold apparently????? clarky the forum "Nazi" locking threads & whinging all the time got him hands on that thread pretty quick. its getting ridiculous on this site. take a chill pill.

I believe it was me with the $900 email offer on that E3 controller! but i never got a reply email or a chance to offer more??? just read the thread & its all over???? OK :eh:

Cool, are you sussing out another sale off site?

Posted Image

ddr2nite
Member Avatar
DeeMoney
Aug 1 2012, 12:25 AM
Cool, are you sussing out another sale off site?
What does "sussing out" mean? And I think FleshWound is a bit out of line with the personal attacks and calling Clarky a bad/offensive term. He's just blowing off steam because for some reason he missed out on the E3 "auction" sale.

" - MK II

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Checking out, making enquiries. Might be an Australian term maybe.

Posted Image

ItsOnlyAFleshWound
it must be an Australian thing cause i use it all the time. totally understandable dee.

Nah nothing lined up still on the hunt / looking for another one though. :toad:

K87
Member Avatar
ItsOnlyAFleshWound
Aug 1 2012, 12:55 AM
it must be an Australian thing cause i use it all the time. totally understandable dee.

Nah nothing lined up still on the hunt / looking for another one though. :toad:
I reckon be patient why pay so much for a controller if you pook at it youre paying all that money just for the gold N logo. If I was to spend that kind of money it would be for a boxed jusco system.

You get a random occurrence where someone is not greedy and will sell stuff at a decent price so be patient all good things come to those who wait :yeah:
Edited by K87, Aug 1 2012, 02:04 AM.

lithium017
Member Avatar
Is Now Posting With Power
I think the pricetag of $1000 is excessive too. I made note my the prices I think are fair in my video Lithium017's N64 Controller Pricing Guide at 22:35 into the video.

I think waiting to see if someone will sell for a more reasonable price could work out, but it could go up. Hmmm
Edited by lithium017, Aug 1 2012, 09:32 AM.
Click For Nintendo Collecting Youtube Page

N64 Consoles: 16 / 16 N64 Controllers 29 / 30 N64 Accessories: 8 / 10
NES: 32 --- SNES: 133 --- N64: 64 --- Gamecube: 78--- Wii: 75 --- WiiU: 14

quagga
Member Avatar
ASDFGHJKL
i personally think the E3 is more rare than the geofry
simply because ive seen more than 1 auction for it
hello mac is the same category as the geofry i assume since the owner of the hello mac actually sold
more than 1 and he found them ina retro video game store in japan

that E3 is controller its implossible to find
and i bet offers are high since collectors are looking for it
1g+ i bet

alekx
Actually quagga the brand new one struggled to hit $1000 so I think your value is off.

As far as rarity I can't speculate because I dont look for anything japanese, but I have seen 5 e3 controllers for sale in a year and that is a pretty high number I think.

jonebone
Member Avatar
How are so many people looking for one and that E3 only sold for $900. I don't even want one and offered $800 on it. I guess everyone else just doesn't care about condition? $900 for one in that condition is the steal of the century if a beat one can legitimately sell for $1k. The longer you collect the more you realize that condition is EVERYTHING.

If so many people are actively looking for it, then you've got to put money where your mouth is. People will kick themselves for missing that one for a long time, months or even years. Unless of course you don't care about condition at all, then yeah maybe you can win cheaper at auction. But I have a feeling that the wait for an auction will be quite a long time...

ddr2nite
Member Avatar
jonebone
Aug 1 2012, 01:04 PM
I guess everyone else just doesn't care about condition? $900 for one in that condition is the steal of the century if a beat one can legitimately sell for $1k. The longer you collect the more you realize that condition is EVERYTHING.
Well said and I couldn't agree more. I legitimately thought about buying this one but after sleeping on it, I going to put the $1k towards something else that will benefit my collection instead of hoarding another E3 controller. I've already managed to let go of my second E3 for a very good price so I will just happily look at the one I still have.

" - MK II

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
ItsOnlyAFleshWound

Well you've just earned a second warning for that derogatory term :yeah:

The post was locked as the item was sold. You could have quite easily pm'd the seller with questions during and after the sale was made.

Please can I remind everyone that their is a dedicated post for this kind of chit chat:

http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/topic/7346081/6/#new

Not to mention a whole "Collecting" section.
Clarky & Smithy Creations YouTube Channel

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
ItsOnlyAFleshWound

ItsOnlyAFlashWound: Let's get something straight, Clarky acted on behalf of this staff. That topic had been discussed a good deal by the staff, and it was our decision to close that topic. The topic was closed closed only after the sale was complete. Guggles stated he wasn't for sure giving the shirt away to the 2nd place bidder. If you are curious about it, PM him. This isn't the the place for comments like you just made about Clarky. If you or anybody else has a problem with the staff, there are better ways of handling it than what you just did (PM me for instance) . Publicly insulting other members, or in this case a staff member, WILL NOT be tolerated.

Per the forum rules :read:
"Rudeness to other members will not be tolerated"

Normally I handle things like this privately in a PM, but you want to attack him in public. So instead I will do it here. Consider this a very serious public warning. Other members have continued down the same path you are on right now. They aren't here anymore, and you can probably guess why.

ItsOnlyAFleshWound
Warnings noted.

I can't bloody win. you both tell me i should have pm'd the guy but it was the pm system that was down (not working!) remember??? and thats why you told him to take the bidding side of it to email. So i log on, see that i was the top bidder, find out its not over when its meant to be & someone else has "apparently made an offer over $1000 & walked off with the bloody controller and i get no chance to respond. cant pm him, no reply to my email and forum thread locked? now once again redirecting us to another part of the forum when all i wanted was to post a simple comment in the original thread! My original comment in "this" thread is about wanting to buy an E3 controller so im in the right spot yeah?

May i also add. yes some conversations develop in certain threads & yes they do go alittle off topic at times but generally then move back to the rails. do we have to shut down every little thing that goes astray or can we let natural conversations continue? how many threads have actually been started after a mod/admin have asked to move it to another part of the forum? guessing not many as most are just chit chat filling in blank time between topic comments and not worth a whole thread over. soon it will be yes/no answers only.

Im not in any means having a direct go at mods/admins just feel like its a little over the top sometimes. I was out of line with clarky and i do apologize to him.

Edited by ItsOnlyAFleshWound, Aug 2 2012, 04:47 AM.

Ausgamer355
Established Member
Yeh ok guys I really want a jusco boxed a Geoffrey an a e3 an I'm done but we all know how bloody hard they are to get hold of an the e3 I was wrote mate that was selling it a pm an a email offering him $1100 but no pm or no email
Geeeeessss come on guys we are on here for a few reasons find what we all need,information an make a few friend round the world an we all want the e3 in our hand an yes the sale way a bit howyagoing but worst thing some of us didn't get a fair go to bid but hey f**k it over let find the next one
Edited by Ausgamer355, Aug 2 2012, 04:26 AM.

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
ItsOnlyAFleshWound
Aug 2 2012, 04:15 AM
Warnings noted.

I can't bloody win. you both tell me i should have pm'd the guy but it was the pm system that was down (not working!) remember??? and thats why you told him to take the bidding side of it to email. So i log on, see that i was the top bidder, find out its not over when its meant to be & someone else has "apparently made an offer over $1000 & walked off with the bloody controller and i get no chance to respond. cant pm him, no reply to my email and forum thread locked? now once again redirecting us to another part of the forum when all i wanted was to post a simple comment in the original thread!

If the seller didn't respond to your email is that our fault!? Guggles stated the controller was sold, hence why the topic was locked.

If you have a problem with Guggles not giving you any info regarding the sale then take it up with him.

I was redirecting everyone to the original topic that was created purely for the chatter of these promotional controllers. It's not fair to litter up someones wanted topic.

Clarky & Smithy Creations YouTube Channel

ItsOnlyAFleshWound
Ausgamer355
Aug 2 2012, 04:19 AM
Yeh ok guys I really want a jusco boxed a Geoffrey an a e3 an I'm done but we all know how bloody hard they are to get hold of an the e3 I was wrote mate that was selling it a pm an a email offering him $1100 but no pm or no email
Geeeeessss come on guys we are on here for a few reasons find what we all need,information an make a few friend round the world an we all want the e3 in our hand an yes the sale way a bit howyagoing but worst thing some of us didn't get a fair go to bid but hey f**k it over let find the next one
If you find the jusco boxed! pm me regarding your unboxed one :D

Good Luck!

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
ItsOnlyAFleshWound:Thank you for appologizing.I'm sorry you are upset with the way things went down. Fyi, the pm system may have issues, but isn't completely broken. I have probably had 30 to 40 PM's going back in forth in the last 2 weeks alone. It is still worth a try. In the future, just please handle your complaints in a different way. Thanks

Guggles
Member Avatar
Just to set the record straight, I have to travel for business sometimes and I'm not able to check email 24/7. I apologized for not seeing Ausgamer's message as it originally went to my junk email folder, but I did reply albeit late. I know he's disappointed, but I did state that "In order to wrap this up, I will end the auction TODAY at 7:00 pm PST or immediately to the first person that emails me an offer of $1000." Also, Fleshwound, please recall that you retracted your bid privately and publicly as you felt I lacked credibility (fair assessment, but you shouldn't have bid then). Retracting bids is not fair to me or to the community at large and then complaining that you didn't get a chance to respond seems like misplaced blame. As Clarky also pointed out, this is not eBay and the board shouldn't be used in this manner so I'll accept the blame for making an un-perfect situation even worse by me trying to wing it via email (no way to publicly display bids for all to see). Net . . . many lessons were learned the hard way and I hope everyone can move forward.

Perhaps once this sale is complete and if the buyer decides to step forward, maybe It'll allow me some level of credibility with this community. Until then, I'm grateful to the board creators, admins, and community at large that that we all have a forum in which to share our passions for all things Nintendo.

Ausgamer355
Established Member
That's ok bud No stress

Ausgamer355
Established Member
Still looking

i8ablueskittle
and it tasted good...
Pm'd
Forever searching for 1080 Snowboarding and 1080 Avalanche items.
Love N64 Prototypes and Unreleased games.
PM me or email me at i8ablueskittle@gmail.com

Ausgamer355
Established Member
still on the hunt for a e3 one day

jonebone
Member Avatar
GT550 is selling his? If you really want it now would be a good time, prices are drastically down since everyone else got one that wanted one.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Other Topic Archives · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: