Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
My N64 collection; Newbie here... :P
Topic Started: Aug 17 2012, 04:23 PM (7,448 Views)
NintendoTwizer
Hi everyone, new guy here. I was told this is a great site so I thought I better check it out. Some really great discussion here. :)

I thought I'd share what I have going on for N64 in my game room.

N64 cart collection:

Posted Image

My grey variants:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Controller and system display. I just finished this today:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's it, thanks guys I already reconize some people here, looking foward to meeting everyone else.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Thegt550
Member Avatar
N64/ Classic Car parts Hunter
Love Your collection :yeah:
STAFF WARNING ABOUT THIS MEMBER: http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/topic/7400206/1/
I Arthur J. Garcia
Declare that i will Help People with their problems regarding the Golden N controller
this does not apply to people who resold theirs and dint bought it from TheGt550
I will sale whats left of my collection to help.(jusco,np100,japan blue/white)

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Welcome aboard! Very nice setup you have, I love the cart shelf and the display for your N64 consoles. :yeah:

scooter77
Member Avatar
New Zealand Member
Hi and welcome to the community, love the collection, very nice setup.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstein

PAL Collection: 243/243
NTSC-U only Exclusives: 50/50
NTSC-U / NTSC-J Exclusives: 11/11
NTSC-J only Exclusives: 85/85
64dd 0/9

Only 9 to go.

slowbird
Member Avatar
Nice! I like the controller wall. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to display my stuff.
Currently looking for: Blue/White PAL console

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Lovely pics, thanks for sharing!
And judging by the contents of your room, you certainly belong here in this forum :)
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
My only question is what took you so long??? :D

Great collection, fantastic displays. Love the console tower, and i didn't miss that LodgeNet 64 gamecube-style on the wall!

Hey, if you have a favorite game(s) you want to revisit, sign up for our 2012 Game-off on the Gaming Section and help us beat 'em all.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Brodieman
Member Avatar
Great collection! I love the controller wall!
:bowser: MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL :bowser:

N.A. Consoles CIB - 9/9 JAP Consoles CIB - 10/10 World Wide Console Releases CIB 16/16 Controllers CIB - 26/30 (Loose - 30/30 Promo - 4/4) Sealed Games 80/296

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Welcome home Nintendo Twizer.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

SicCooper
Member Avatar
Veteran
That case you have all your N64 systems in is amazing, I love it! how did you make/get that?

Posted Image

NintendoTwizer
Well SicCooper, I'll tell ya...

I can't recall where I order those acrylic sheets. It was either www.usplastic.com or www.onlinemetals.com.

Anyways, here’s what I ordered:

12ft x 1/2" acrylic rods (those end up being the pillareds of the stand). 12" x 12" x 1/8" acrylic sheets... 9 of those.
Acrylic cement and applicator.

The general dimensions of that system stand are 12"w x 9.5"d x 32"h

After getting my supplies I cut the rods into 3.75" pieces and cut the sheets down to 9.5" x 12". I then smoothed out the bottoms and tops of the rods with sandpaper. You could probably router this... but the rods must be quite smooth on the ends where you cut... don't round any edges. Use the acrylic cement and applicator to start building the shelf. The acrylic cement isn't glue; it literally welds the two acrylic pieces together. It's a pure liquid... so that's why it only works if everything is smooth. It sets up within a few seconds. It all works out pretty good. :)

Oh also, just in case you wanted to make a shelf of a different size, the N64 system dimensions are as follows:

N64 - 10.2w x 7.5d x 2.9h

N64 Pokemon - 11.5w x 7.5d x 3.5h

Hope that helps some.

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Wow, I just noticed, you have the grey Turok Rage Wars cartridge! You've got an excellent collection and very nicely displayed.

May I ask, what's your favorite N64 game?
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

NintendoTwizer
Hmm.. favorite game... thats really hard for me to day. I put tons of hours into Goldeneye. Some of my other origional games I had with the system where Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, 1080, Waverace, Resident Evil 2, Conker... the list goes on. Tons of classic for the system.

danny_galaga
Member Avatar

Welcome aboard!

And what an awesome setup :w00t:

Cabanon
Elite
welcome here twizer. very nice collection, i like it !

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Okay, this might be a "dangerous" question being that this is a Nintendo console forum, but I see you have other consoles in your gaming setup and I was wondering which non-Nintendo console(s) are your favorites and what non-Nintendo games do you really enjoy?
Edited by The Red Shadow, Aug 18 2012, 08:14 AM.

jonebone
Member Avatar
Hey congrats on finally making it over here Twizer, I told you N64forever has some people that would appreciate your setup! Looking nice once again...

zoki64
Member Avatar
amazing man, all your stuff looks mint. but you should have a display case for all the n64 consoles, cleaning the dust off must be a pain :D
Posted Image

ItsOnlyAFleshWound
Not to mention the sun damage close to the window :(

Welcome and a bloody nice collection you got there bro

Vekoma64
Member Avatar
That is one sexy collection. I look in awe...
Nintendo gaming since 1989 WiiU NNID- Vekoma64

NintendoTwizer
The Red Shadow – hmm… non Nintendo consoles. I guess I’d say my favorite retro non Nintendo system would be the Sega Genensis. Back when I was a kid I had a choice between the SNES and the Genensis and I went with Genensis. Always was a huge sonic fan. I had an Xbox 360 until it broke down… dang red ring of death. :P

Zoki64/itsonlyafleshwond - No worries about dust, just a little duster now and again takes care of that and I have some pretty thick blinds in my gameroom which are closed about 99% of the time, so no issues with fading on anything. I just open them to have better lighting for pictures. :)

lithium017
Member Avatar
Is Now Posting With Power
That looks fantastic! I like your holder for all of the N64 consoles and the games you use as a border above your tv. Very cool
Click For Nintendo Collecting Youtube Page

N64 Consoles: 16 / 16 N64 Controllers 29 / 30 N64 Accessories: 8 / 10
NES: 32 --- SNES: 133 --- N64: 64 --- Gamecube: 78--- Wii: 75 --- WiiU: 14

Norcal
Member Avatar

Yeah, that shelf for the colored consoles is cool. Nice work.
Posted Image

ddr2nite
Member Avatar
Controller Collecting Extraordinaire
Welcome Twizer, and thanks for sharing your great collection with us. I always love to see pictures and you obviously take your collecting very seriously - I'm very impressed with your game collection.

And as everyone else has stated - the controller system "tower" display is very cool! :yeah: 8)
Posted ImageClick here to check out my N64 collection.
N64 Controllers: 30/30 Completed | ASCII Controllers: 15/15 Completed
N.A. Boxes: 8/8 Completed | Japan Boxes: 21/21 Completed
Full NTSC-J CIB Set: 198/198 Completed

"trust me, we all started with just one or two games
and then things kinda got out of hand
" - MK II

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
That's an awesome setup you have there. I love how everything is so perfectly displayed.

Glad you made it over ;)
Clarky & Smithy Creations YouTube Channel

CoachLuke22
Member Avatar
Thanks for showing you amazing collection. Definitely gives me some ideas for mine.

Where did you get that console tower?
N.A. Consoles - 7/9
N.A. Controllers CIB - 8/8
N.A. Carts - 76/296

Nintendo Power Controllers - Nintendo Power 100, DK64, Millennium 2000

Peach'sCakeIsALie
Member Avatar
:o :o :o
:o :o :o Wow at your collection
Edited by Peach'sCakeIsALie, Oct 12 2012, 06:15 PM.
NTSC

Xephyrian
Member Avatar
Master Chief of the Universe
That is so so very impressive. How on earth did you get that grey Rage Wars cart? My favorite feature would have to be your Mario and Zelda rows, I would love to do that with Zelda and Kirby someday.
Posted Image

Aidan25
Nice collection! You have more than me for sure. I only have 15-16 n64 games and a console, controller and thats it. I really like the controller wall and the console tower. Lots of games you have, wish I had that much. I will get there some day :P
Australian PAL N64 Collector

Nintendo 64 will never get old!!

PAL Collection: 17-18/242

suretie
Member Avatar
Hi and welcome, love your collection, really nice set up, really like how you have your controller's displayed and the console tower.
Farewell happy fields were joy for ever dwells hail horrors hail ( John Milton, Paradise Lost)

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: