Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
My N64 collection; Newbie here... :P
Topic Started: Aug 17 2012, 04:23 PM (7,459 Views)
NintendoTwizer
Gooman130
Oct 13 2012, 12:05 AM
That is so so very impressive. How on earth did you get that grey Rage Wars cart? My favorite feature would have to be your Mario and Zelda rows, I would love to do that with Zelda and Kirby someday.
Ah, yes the grey Turok Rage Wars. There was a guy selling a box of 120 of those on ebay awhile back. A guy I know on another forum bought the 1st one from this auction. He sent me the link, I noticed the guy had just put a BIN on all the rest of the carts in the box. So I believe I bought 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th cart from him. News got out on the auction and the rarity of the cart and the rest were bought up within a few days.

Also some updated Pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by NintendoTwizer, Oct 17 2012, 04:54 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

scooter77
Member Avatar
New Zealand Member
:omg: I am speechless, that is the coolest thing i have ever seen, that wall of NES and SNES games look just amazing, i am so jealous, thanks for sharing. :yeah:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstein

PAL Collection: 243/243
NTSC-U only Exclusives: 50/50
NTSC-U / NTSC-J Exclusives: 11/11
NTSC-J only Exclusives: 85/85
64dd 0/9

Only 9 to go.

cyan_phoenix
Bloody nice collection! And really well presented too
Australia

N64 CIB Collection (EUR/USA/JPN): Complete!

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
That is probably the best setup I've ever seen!! Thanks for sharing the updated pics.

Clarky & Smithy Creations YouTube Channel

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
WOW, I thought the pictures were never going to end :-). Did you make the display cabinets yourself?
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

Cabanon
Elite
what are the logo made of ? are they stickers or painted ? im building a custom n64 shelf and i want to add the name & logo as well at the bottom of it.

K87
Member Avatar
that is a fantastic collection i love the attention to detail on layout categorising and neatness you should be very proud of it i know i would be :yeah:

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Ok mate, you win!! Hahaha awesome man, I'm loving it!! Collection looks great :yeah: :yeah:
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Stunning setup! Looks so good. :o
Edited by The Red Shadow, Oct 18 2012, 08:10 AM.

NintendoTwizer
Thanks everyone. :) Yeah, most of the shelves and cabinets are handmade. I pretty much had to do it that way as I have alot of games but a limited amount of space. I can recommend one shelf though, for those interested the Alantic 1080 Oscar is a pretty great shelf. I have a couple of them.

For the Nintendo and Super Nintendo Signs thouse are all hand painted. I don't think I'm a artist by any means, but it really wasn't that hard to do. I found the logos I wanted on the internet. I printed them to the size I wanted, then carefully cut them out of the paper. I then placed the logos on the board and traced it all out. After that it's just carefully painting with in the lines.

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Truly stunning, particular the NES wall.

Hey, can you tell us about the picture above your TV?

Posted Image

That is hillarious!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

NintendoTwizer
Ha, yeah... that picture cracks me up. The artist is Brandon Bird, I ordered it from his website. It's called "Nobody wants to play Sega with Harrision Ford". Check him out here:

http://www.brandonbird.com/

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
I have a collector crush on Nintendo Twizer. :wub:
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
I'll play Sega with Harrison Ford lol
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

Nuno
Member Avatar
Veteran
:omg: First, That was amazing! It's like a retro sanctuary.
Second, I'd play with Harrison too.

And third, since nintendo screwed it up with the end labels I've been thinking of doing them myself too. But what is that red sign in every game, next to the end lable?

Cheers, and if I ever travel to (USA?) I'd love to visit your place!

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Nuno
Oct 19 2012, 09:13 AM
Cheers, and if I ever travel to (USA?) I'd love to visit your place!
I know, right. Nintendo Twizer place is so cool that he can literally charge admission to enter his video game sanctuary.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

Nuno
Member Avatar
Veteran
Oh, and by the way, what's with the Rage Wars grey cartridge? Isn't it preatty common, or is it a NTSC thing?

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
what a drooltastic collection!

OTOH: now my game room looks insignificant in comparison. thanks a bunch :)

Posted Image

Vekoma64
Member Avatar
Words can not do them displays justice. I am blowm away, now if only had the number to sell my soul!
Nintendo gaming since 1989 WiiU NNID- Vekoma64

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
amazing collection, and display!

Cabanon
Elite
Nuno
Oct 21 2012, 10:45 AM
Oh, and by the way, what's with the Rage Wars grey cartridge? Isn't it preatty common, or is it a NTSC thing?
the NTSC version is (or should I say will be ?) ultra rare. so far 120 or so copies have surfaced only. they'r enot pricy yet but they will be.

the PAL version was only gray.

Xephyrian
Member Avatar
Master Chief of the Universe
My goodness! :o It's more beautiful than before! That is one of the biggest collections I've ever seen. It might even rival Lithium's :whistle:
Posted Image

Nuno
Member Avatar
Veteran
Cabanon
Oct 21 2012, 05:44 PM
Nuno
Oct 21 2012, 10:45 AM
the NTSC version is (or should I say will be ?) ultra rare. so far 120 or so copies have surfaced only. they'r enot pricy yet but they will be.

the PAL version was only gray.
Thanks Cabanon!

woofers
Member Avatar
I like the gameboy cabinets! Did you buy them or make them?

hockeylife21
Wow i only hope one day i can make something half as cool as that. Awesome displays and great collection I love the GC/N64 logos for the shelves. Also what gamecube is that on your enterrtainment center the weird blue color?

Cabanon
Elite
hockeylife21
Oct 25 2012, 10:20 PM
Also what gamecube is that on your enterrtainment center the weird blue color?
emerald blue. japanese exclusive i think.

NintendoTwizer
woofers - Thanks very much. Those are custom made. I had a hard time finding a good shelf for gameboy carts, so I figured I'd try to make one. :)

hockeylife21 - That blue gamecube is called a NR Reader. It's basically a console developers use to test games. It doesn't work for regular gamecube games, but will work for gamecube prototypes. The one that I have was Activisions at one point in time. Perhaps it helped create Tony Hawk games. :P

Xephyrian
Member Avatar
Master Chief of the Universe
NintendoTwizer
Oct 26 2012, 04:08 PM
hockeylife21 - That blue gamecube is called a NR Reader. It's basically a console developers use to test games. It doesn't work for regular gamecube games, but will work for gamecube prototypes. The one that I have was Activisions at one point in time. Perhaps it helped create Tony Hawk games. :P
That's so cool! I just found 3 for sale under $200. I wish N64 dev stufff was this readily available. :( I ache for anything Ultra 64 related. A man can dream :P
Posted Image

Spidercolt
Member Avatar
Mario Maniac
Gooman130
Oct 22 2012, 06:01 AM
My goodness! :o It's more beautiful than before! That is one of the biggest collections I've ever seen. It might even rival Lithium's :whistle:
Lithium does have every N64 console... but he has alot of games!! lol. add the Japanese N64's in this collection and it is THE best collection I have every seen.
Get :n64: Or Get Out!

NTSC Collection: 81 Games
61 Cart Only
20 Complete In Box

GameCube: 78 Games Complete

My Collection

Nintendo Network ID: Spidercolt.

lithium017
Member Avatar
Is Now Posting With Power
This collection is incredible! I love the custom made shelves everywhere! Very nice custom wood decals too for the names of the consoles
Click For Nintendo Collecting Youtube Page

N64 Consoles: 16 / 16 N64 Controllers 29 / 30 N64 Accessories: 8 / 10
NES: 32 --- SNES: 133 --- N64: 64 --- Gamecube: 78--- Wii: 75 --- WiiU: 14

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: