Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Nintendo 64 Forever Homecoming Celebration!
Topic Started: Oct 7 2012, 02:58 PM (2,323 Views)
stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Attention all members. In honor of us nearing the 1000 member mark, I am pleased to announce the start of a celebration period. :applause:

I will soon be sending out a mass email to everybody who ever registered as a member here. This email is to inform all members of the celebration, but specifically members who have moved on. Basically I am reaching out to formerly active members who may have forgotten about us. The email will highlight our recent staff and forum changes in an effort to draw some of them back as regular posters :D

The staff is also discussing possible prizes being given away. So keep your eyes open for that. Nintendo 64 Forever T shirts are even being discussed. Hopefully we can figure out a way to make that work. I will ask all of our current active members to please give a hearty welcome to any old members who stop back by. You will find a special topic for them in our "Welcome" section here shortly.

If any of you have any questions, thoughts, or suggestions feel free to post them here, or PM me or another staff member. How long will this celebration last? We will try for a month, but will push it further if we are able to keep the ball rolling.

I will also use this time to thank all of you, our faithful and active members! You keep this place special :yeah:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Toad
Member Avatar
This sounds amazing! I can't wait for the fun to unfold! :toad:
Edited by Toad, Oct 7 2012, 03:05 PM.
Posted Image
Currently Playing: Mario Tennis (N64) and Mario Party 2
37/64 Cartridges of N64 Games[53% Complete]

TheJuice401
Member Avatar
W00t hadoken
Posted Image
wtb - really want an extreme green controller cib :/

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
I am very excited myself. The email just went out, and I am about to make the "Old Member Check In" topic. :yeah:

Peach'sCakeIsALie
Member Avatar
Posted Image

:n64: :dance: :n64: :omg:
NTSC

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Sounds awesome! I hope we get some renewed interest from past members.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Glad to see some people sharing in my excitement :lol: Shadow, that is my sincere desire. We have some awesome members, but we have lost a lot over the years too. I know how things can be though. Life gets busy. This forum sometimes goes through slow periods that can leave people thinking it is dying, so they move on. Whatever the reason they left, I just want people to know we are still here and as strong as ever.... if not stronger! Heck, this place has lost some great staff members move on too. (Floorcat, Mop, Data) I would love to see those guys back regularly too. At least alxbly has been by some lately :D Or even forum legends dagoss, young, & ragedy! I am also hoping to see the return of Coorsy101, a cool dude some of you may remember. He was a valuable contributor around the time I was added to the staff. He has weekly "top 5" posts helped drum up activity during a real down time here. I am not sure what happened to him, but I hope to see him return.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Yeah, I miss some of those guys. alxbly and Mop in particular. They had both joined a few really small forums I was apart of for awhile and were always really fun to talk to. They were both very active when I joined up here in 2008. But I know how it goes. I stopped coming here for a few years and don't really have any excuse for it. Anyway, I hope your efforts are very fruitful.

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Many of the old-timers on this site formed the foundation upon which we all so proudly stand today. It would be no greater honor than to have them visit here again if only to let us know how they're doing.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Well said!

Vekoma64
Member Avatar
Nice idea! Great stuff and it would be nice to have some of the founders/orignal members back, even if they only wanted to say hi. May this website really live forever :n64:
Edited by Vekoma64, Oct 8 2012, 01:01 PM.
Nintendo gaming since 1989 WiiU NNID- Vekoma64

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
I agree! I know people get too busy for message boards in life sometimes. It would be nice just to catch up with some of them if nothing else. I am hoping we get some of them stopping in here soon. I am getting a bit anxious, but am trying to remind myself it has only been 24 hours since I sent the email.

Xephyrian
Member Avatar
Master Chief of the Universe
This is great! I got you email and I can't wait til more people show up, I know I've only been here a couple days but I really love the positivity in this forum. Also N64 forever shirts would be awesome. If you do make them please put some good effort into the design, I would want more than just the logo ironed onto a white shirt. I have faith in you :lol:
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Gooman130
Oct 9 2012, 08:30 PM
I got your email and I can't wait til more people show up, I know I've only been here a couple days but I really love the positivity in this forum.
The positive vibe is the glue that holds us all together.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Vekoma64
Member Avatar
I hope some come back but some of the older threads feature a negitive and bad vibe. Which is weird because the place seems really nice and helpful. Almost like a darker past, hmm glad it is not like that now.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
It has always been pretty well friendly since I've been here. Early on when it was pretty small, a lot of guys used to rib each other a good bit. Young or styoung as he was back then and ragedy did a lot I remember. Others too. Perhaps that is what you mean? We have had a few trouble makers over the years though. They usually get "deported" before to long though ;)
Edited by stinger9142, Oct 10 2012, 10:42 AM.

lazyhoboguy
Member Avatar
Happy you did this as it reminded me the site exists. I come back from time to time when I remember the site exists heh. The fact that you guys bought the domain for n64forever.com will make it easier for me to get here without remembering the bookmarked link for zetaboards.

I havent been playing my n64 much lately and when that happens I visit the site less, but whenever I get into a n64 gaming session I always crave some discussion about the console and end up here again.
ps2onlinegaming.com (site for scheduling ps2 online and ps2 lan tunneling matches)
psn__lazyhoboguy
My Blog
Xlink (LAN tunneling application for ps2,xbox,gc and more)
My Game Collection
My youtube channel

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Welcome back, lazyhoboguy! Credit goes to clarky for purchasing the domain name I believe.

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Good stuff Stinger, You are to be commended my friend for the hard work you put in around here. Without you stepping up all the time, im sure this place wouldn't be as good as it is today.
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Thank you, DeeMoney :-8 I do care a lot about this place, and try to do what I think is best for it. That being said, we have a great staff as a whole. I don't think you were trying to praise me and slight them, but I want to specifically praise them. Each one brings something else great to the table. Ideas are brought up and tossed around privately. Before long, we all have a hand in what goes on around here. They have all been a great help to me, and the community. I may have initiated some of the bigger things in the last few months, but these guys were right there with me backing me up. All of these guys help keep eyes on the forum, which I am proud to say due to activity, is more than one man could ever try to handle :yeah:

So props to the rest of the staff - MkII, lithium, bluedogrulez, & clarky!

PS guys, be watching for our giveaways soon! We have quite the pile of stuff, the vast majority coming from those guys I listed right above :applause:

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Sounds good :yeah:

Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Ooh, looking forward to the festivities and giveaways! :mario:

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
5 more new members, and I believe the giveaways will start. 995 members. Hard to believe this place has grown by 6 or 700 members in the last year alone practically!

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
5 more?? Wow we are getting close. I reckon we might hit that by the end of the week, if not sooner.

Posted Image

Vekoma64
Member Avatar
It will be a great milestone for the site and I can not wait. It is scary how many new member topics I see everytime I log on. Even when I first signed up it was slower and now it seems to be constent, all good though.

Purtle
Member Avatar
An n64 forever shirt would be friggin awesome. It would need a cool design and not something super cheezy though.
Check out My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/Purtle28PatrickSSB

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Yes, shirts would be awesome. For them to happen though, it is likely somebody would have to front a substantial amount of money. Given the amount of active members, I am sure someone could make the money back easily and then some. That being said, that is a lot to ask of somebody. I'll just say, we would consider offers from any financially endowed member(s) who wanted to help :yeah:

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Still on 995, that's depressing!! This is probably going to be the longest wait for only 5 members to join ever. :wacko:

Posted Image

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
No doubt man! It is like the night before Christmas! :lol: Lithium is getting anxious to announce his giveaway items, so be on the lookout for a video soon I am told! I am sure the rest of us will announce our item(s) shortly thereafter!

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
that's good, im interested to see how you guys are going to work these giveaways.

Posted Image

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Other Topic Archives · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: