Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Old Member Check In Topic; For our Homecoming Celebration
Topic Started: Oct 7 2012, 03:22 PM (1,419 Views)
stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Hello members. This topic has nothing to do with our "elder" in age members ;) but rather members who have maybe gotten a little busy and are no longer regular members. So tell us how you have been? What is new in your life? What if anything has changed for you since we last heard from you?

When you get done here, take a look around the forum if you have time. A lot has changed in the last few months!

Thank you for stopping by! :yeah:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Arch Evil
Member Avatar
Occasional Forum Lurker
Am I seriously the first of the other 'older' (as in: earlier registered) members to post here? :unsure:

I haven't posted here for almost 2 years, and even around that time I rarely dropped by regularly... I think when I last actively posted here, was probably back in 2009...

Anyway it's good to see this forum still isn't quite 'dead' yet :)

As for myself, I've been busy with 'real life stuff'. Boring, I know :P but the N64 just lost my interest over the years. I still have it, of course, and I'm not planning to get rid of it any time soon ;) but I just don't regularly play it anymore. A couple of weeks ago I used it to play a few of the old Mario Party games with a couple of friends. It reminded me that those earlier games are still quite fun, even when compared with some of the newer systems like the Wii.

Hope to see some of the other 'old' faces in here as well, but 'newcomers' shouldn't be shy to post things here if they want to ^_^
Posted Image

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Great to hear from you, Arch Evil! Thank you for checking in. Yes, thankfully, we are far from dead. ;) I have a feeling we will be seeing another old vet soon. A ground feline of sorts ;).

macN64
Member Avatar
Welcome back, Arch Evil. :)

stinger9142

I have a feeling we will be seeing another old vet soon. A ground feline of sorts ;).
You don't mean... Could it be...? :w00t:
Youtube

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Ooh, exciting! :yeah:

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
I spoke with him, and was promised a visit. I am sure he will make good on his promise :D

Hydro_nix
Member Avatar
Level 30 Necromancer/Master of Quest 64
Checking in. I wonder how many remember this veteran guy.
Even bastards need to let off some steam.

And apparently have more egos than Waffles.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
I remember you and your love of Quest from long ago! Nice to hear from you :)

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
All we are missing now is Mop it up popping into this topic and saying "Hooray Oldbies!" :P

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Haha! Yes, that would be perfect! I am glad this topic is finally getting some steam. It had 60+ views before a reply!

lithium017
Member Avatar
Is Now Posting With Power
Welcome back Hydro :)

Most of those 60 views were probably you and me Sting :P
Click For Nintendo Collecting Youtube Page

N64 Consoles: 16 / 16 N64 Controllers 29 / 30 N64 Accessories: 8 / 10
NES: 32 --- SNES: 133 --- N64: 64 --- Gamecube: 78--- Wii: 75 --- WiiU: 14

Hydro_nix
Member Avatar
Level 30 Necromancer/Master of Quest 64
Probably. And yeah, we need our wettest guy here. ;)

Thanks for the warm welcome.
Even bastards need to let off some steam.

And apparently have more egos than Waffles.

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
stinger9142
Oct 27 2012, 07:35 PM
I spoke with him, and was promised a visit. I am sure he will make good on his promise :D
Haha... and alas... here I am!!!!
*cricket chirps*

I thought so. :P

j/k
Sorry it's taken me even THIS long to pop in... and I really, really would like to be back among the "regulars" of this forum. Honest!
Anyways, good to see things have been kept alive... Stinger, I congratulate you and everyone else here! :applause:
Things have been pretty good for me these last few years... mainly just been working... I stumbled into a wonderful relationship last year, and I just bought my first house earlier this year. Still have my fat kitty cat (the "original" floorcat!)
Spoiler: click to toggle

Haven't been gaming nearly as much as I'd like with the moving and all, but now that I'm finally all settled in and my little "man-cove" is finally (finally! as of last weekend) all set up, I can have a little more time to game. All my systems (even my N64 & SNES) are hooked up and ready to go! :w00t:
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), The Swapper, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Welcome back, floorcat! It is so cool to see more of the original forumers. :yeah:
Edited by The Red Shadow, Nov 1 2012, 12:55 PM.

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
It is truly and honor and a privilege, no crickets here!!!

Congrats on all that is going on in your life, but especially completion of man cove setup. It's essential really.

That picture of your kitty is priceless. :rofl:
Edited by bluedogrulez, Nov 1 2012, 12:56 PM.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
Thanks so much, Red & Blue!! And good to see you guys are still around, alive, and kickin'!! :)
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), The Swapper, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
FLOORCAT! So glad you stopped in, I knew you would. Congratulations on your recent man cave completion and new found relationship! For those of you who don't know, FC is one of our earliest members as well as one of our most true "core" originals who helped lay the groundwork for this great place! Props to you always man. He also happens to be the man who is responsible.for putting me on the staff. I thank you very much for that once again.

I hope to see you back as a regular, or at least every now and again ;)

floorcat
Member Avatar
Thaaaaaaaaaank you Stinger... you really, really give me much too much credit! *blush*
Seriously... bumping you up into the staff was the single best thing I could've done to the forum!! :D

But yes, I'm grateful to still be a member here (I don't think I really deserve my "admin" status!), and as much as my absences belie, I'll never "truly" leave this wonderful forum. ;)

Here's to the next 6 years (and, perhaps, another 1000+ members)!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Hey Floorcat, what's the story behind your signature, RIP Alxbly?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
Heh... I wonder if the thread still exists where alxbly told us he decided to sell off his SNES...

Anyways, I called him crazy for this and changed my sig and never changed it since. I guess on some screens one can't really see the preceding text very clearly (which I had de-emphasized), so the full sig is:

(SNES-owning, sane) alxbly R.I.P.

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Welcome back floorcat :yeah: :yeah:
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Selling a Super Nintendo? If that's either insanity or senility!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
I wish to God I never foolishly traded mine for a crummy gameboy pocket :( Boo to me!

Now if we can get ragedy, mop, dagoss, and alxbly to swing by this will seem just lke old times!

Vekoma64
Member Avatar
Wow, great stuff, this thread is great! Welcome back like legends in mist :yeah:
Nintendo gaming since 1989 WiiU NNID- Vekoma64

Norcal
Member Avatar

Welcome back floorcat!
Posted Image

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
Another N64 eldergod has arrived home :n64:

Welcome back floorcat :dance: It's good to see you grace us with your presence again :D
Clarky & Smithy Creations YouTube Channel

floorcat
Member Avatar
Haha... thanks guys... really, you all are much too kind!

...And forgiving!!! (I seriously oughtta be berated for being so... absent!)
I'll try to at least make my presence here... ummm... worthwhile(?) ;) >:-] :whistle: :P

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Everybody gets busy man. I left here for about a full year once. I also have had a couple of 6 month spells where I was largely absent, most recently during my near divorce. Those of us who remember you miss you. I do really hope you will join us more often. Don't you dare pull your admin status like alxbly either! :lol:
You earned that title by your name, and it should not be forgotten.

macN64
Member Avatar
Welcome back Hydro_nix and floorcat, long time no see! :applause: :applause:

stinger9142

Everybody gets busy man. I left here for about a full year once.
Something I too am guilty of. >_<
Youtube

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Same. I bugged out of here for a year or more and sorely missed this place while I was gone. It's always great to come back home though. :yeah:

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Other Topic Archives · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: