Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Worst N64 Game Ever?
Topic Started: Oct 19 2012, 04:05 PM (4,394 Views)
cmjandro
Member Avatar
What would you consider to be the worst game ever released on the Nintendo 64? I will start if off with Jeremy McGrath Supercross 2000. In my opinion, it is the worst game that I have ever played.

My Ebay
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

RodneyP
Member Avatar
Carmageddon is unplayable!
155 games & counting!
UK PAL console with Goldeneye
US NTSC Toys'r'us Gold exclusive with two pads
JAP NTSC basic version

cmjandro
Member Avatar
RodneyP
Oct 19 2012, 04:14 PM
Carmageddon is unplayable!
Really? I have never played it, but I figured that it'd be interesting at least. Well I guess that is going down on my list of wants lol.

My Ebay

RodneyP
Member Avatar
I couldn't recommend it less. Horrible controls: unresponsive, floaty and sticky all at the same time.

If anything remotely interesting or rewarding was happening this still wouldn't be forgivable.

Make this the last game in your collection.

cmjandro
Member Avatar
Oh, thanks for the heads up then. I still think its not the last game on my list...Clayfighter: Sculptor's Cut is. But carmaggeddon is a close second.

My Ebay

RodneyP
Member Avatar
Just my opinion of course.

I do struggle to think of a game more poorly conceived. In the UK Aero Gauge also got a drubbing in the gaming press and is duly awful.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Superman anyone?

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Penny Racers* South Park Rally...and I love racing games!

*as explained in my mea culpa here.
Edited by bluedogrulez, Feb 7 2013, 12:59 PM.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
Excitebike 64. that is unplayable. i made it through the normal mode, but cant for the life of me go through expert. the controls are unplayable and unresponsive. this doesnt do justice to the NES version, trust me.

Vekoma64
Member Avatar
Superman, Carmageddon, Aero Gauge are real duds and really are unplayable. J Superscoss 2000 I thought was ok but I am interested cmjandro to why you think it is the worst?

Razor Scooter is my worst though.
Edited by Vekoma64, Oct 20 2012, 05:16 AM.
Nintendo gaming since 1989 WiiU NNID- Vekoma64

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Unfortunately there are many rubbish games on our beloved :n64: but I think the worse game might be superman :mario:
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
As far as the games I played, WCW Nitro. I have long been a fan of wrestling games, heck I have owned 8 of over my life. Ir was the 9th. I returned it to walmart the day after buying it. This was a few days after their "no returns on games" policy. My mom was able to convince them to give me my money back somehow. Thank God!

brown duckz
Member Avatar
EA Sports titles :D

Non-THQ Wrestling titles

I currently own humble, but nice collections of NTSC-U; NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii

Currently taking a break from a 2012 collecting binge.

James92
Member Avatar
Established Member
I pick Superman. To quote Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons, "Worst Video Game Ever."
Posted Image
62/296 NTSC N64 games

Heinrold
Member Avatar
Carmageddon is horrible. What the hell did the developers do? At least not a good job but an unplayable game.

Excitebike is one of the greatest games if you get used to the controls.
:n64: = :)
Always many PAL games for sale:
http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/topic/7338905/1

poptarts214
Member Avatar
Established Member
Cabanon
Oct 20 2012, 04:26 AM
Excitebike 64. that is unplayable. i made it through the normal mode, but cant for the life of me go through expert. the controls are unplayable and unresponsive. this doesnt do justice to the NES version, trust me.
Thats interesting, ive always loved Excitebike 64, some of my friends enjoyed the multiplayer too. Ive always thought of it as one of the better games on the N64, but i guess not everyone likes the same things.
296/296 NTSC Carts

cmjandro
Member Avatar
Vekoma64
Oct 20 2012, 05:15 AM
Superman, Carmageddon, Aero Gauge are real duds and really are unplayable. J Superscoss 2000 I thought was ok but I am interested cmjandro to why you think it is the worst?

Razor Scooter is my worst though.
I just feel like the racing itself was too unrealistic for a game that should be realistic. The turning, and just the controls in general. I guess I shouldn't say that a game is unrealistic, but I would say the same thing about other games (sports games in general) that should be, but aren't. I could only play one race before I turned it off.

My Ebay

Xephyrian
Member Avatar
Master Chief of the Universe
I really don't like Clay Fighter. It is one of the worst fighter games I have ever played.
Posted Image

Flare Dancer
Member Avatar
I liked Aerogauge. Controls and graphics are nice, gameplay's ok. Plus, you can pilot an N64 controller! X_D

By far the worst one I've played (I haven't tried Superman or Carmageddon) is Starshot: Space Circus Fever. The levels are hopelessly confusing, the framerate isn't smooth, the lighting is terrible, boatloads of clipping, the art style isn't consistent, and the character designs are just too weird.

This game is a MESS.

RodneyP
Member Avatar
Starshot is a game I added to my collection over the summer. As usual I tested it but quickly realised I was unlikely to ever play it again!

I remember an ex-girlfriend had an old monochrome mobile phone that came preloaded with a Starshot game. This was at least ten years ago. Featured a blend of side-scrolling platform action and puzzles I think! Probably better than the console version anyhow!

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
Hercules is a load of balls. A lot of pointless roaming around.

G.A.S.P is also a poor excuse for a beat em up. The controls are so delayed and stiff.

Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero, an absolute joke of a game. The fact that you have to press a button to change directions instead of just pressing left or right is not even funny, let alone fun. Someone at Midway must have been smoking crack when they decided this was ready to be published.
Edited by clarky_n64, Oct 22 2012, 06:49 AM.
Clarky & Smithy Creations YouTube Channel

jonebone
Member Avatar
Superman usually gets the vote but some other decent nominations in here.

I'm a huge MK fan and Sub Zero is my favorite fighter by far... but even I didn't like MK Mythologies :( One of the biggest disappointments of my gaming life, so I agree with it being mentioned too.

But I think Powerpuff girls is probably worth a nomination. I've never played it but I will make sure I never play it too :)

macN64
Member Avatar
Seeing as he's not here to do it himself, I'll provide the obligatory link to Mop it up's Carmageddon review.

jonebone

But I think Powerpuff girls is probably worth a nomination. I've never played it but I will make sure I never play it too :)
Going by the handful of clips I've seen, if nothing else, the game has what might be the best spinning :n64: logo I've seen in a game.
Youtube

Alveinhero
Castlevania games on the N64 sucks so hard.

Flare Dancer
Member Avatar
I kind of like Mortal Kombat Mythologies. It gives a good challenge without being over the top, and has some pretty neat puzzles. Bit of a lack of fighting, though.

I don't recall ever having trouble changing directions.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Flare Dancer
Nov 3 2012, 02:09 AM
I kind of like Mortal Kombat Mythologies. It gives a good challenge without being over the top, and has some pretty neat puzzles. Bit of a lack of fighting, though.

I don't recall ever having trouble changing directions.
What always turned me off to Mythologies was just how different it was for a MK game. It wasn't until Deception's Konquest Mode that I was accepting of the idea that a MK game could be fun even if you weren't fighting. But at the time of Mythologies, it just didn't fit the bill.

brown duckz
Member Avatar
The idea for MK: SubZero was excellent, they just didn't deliver the caliber of game I think was possible. Nonetheless, it's in my collection; I have every Mortal Kombat game.
I currently own humble, but nice collections of NTSC-U; NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
brown duckz
Nov 5 2012, 09:56 PM
The idea for MK: SubZero was excellent, they just didn't deliver the caliber of game I think was possible. Nonetheless, it's in my collection; I have every Mortal Kombat game.
I'm awfully close. I need MK vs. DC Universe and the new MK game and I'd have all the games other than console variants.

Grombleton
Member Avatar
Established Member
I always presumed that Clayfighter 63 1/3 was accepted to be the worst. I've not got that in my collection yet, so i can't comment.

It wasn't the worst, but Mission Impossible was pretty dire.
UK PAL Collection: 45

brown duckz
Member Avatar
The Red Shadow
Nov 6 2012, 06:44 AM
brown duckz
Nov 5 2012, 09:56 PM
I'm awfully close. I need MK vs. DC Universe and the new MK game and I'd have all the games other than console variants.
I don't have MK vs DC. It's not a true original. I think it's retarded that it's considered as Mortal Kombat 8.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: