Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
What games are you playing?
Topic Started: Jul 1 2006, 07:51 PM (27,780 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Just now I'm playing a few games:

GTA Liberty City Stories (PS2)
Jet Force Gemini (N64)
Tomb Raider Legend (PS2)
Serious Sam II (Xbox)
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil (Xbox)
P.N.03 (Gamecube)
Shadow Man (Dreamcast)

What are you guys playing?
Quote Post Goto Top

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
I'm still trudging my way through Perfect Dark... I've finished the Air Base level on Perfect Agent, but forgot the next level is easier if I start in the cargo area, so I still haven't really begun yet on Air Force One.

... and I'm just barely toying with:
Contra III: The Alien Wars (SNES)
Dragon Quest (SFC) (previously confused this title with Dragon Warrior, an old NES title)

... oh yeah, and I almost forgot I've recently been doing a little co-op campaigning in:
Halo (Xbox)
Halo 2 (Xbox)
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), The Swapper, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
Shadow Man (N64)
Final Fantasy X - No Sphere Grid Challenge (PS2)
Sonic Mega Collection (PS2)
Give this man a fish, and he can throw it up eleven times
-alxbly
PSN: LifeIsPreachy
Mario Kart Wii: 0088 - 2869 - 9843

Deleted User
Deleted User

Well, I'd been stuck on the same bit in Shadow Man for ages (one of the platforming sections), and usually if I'm stuck on a game I just go play something else for a while. Hooked up the Dreamcast last night and managed to get much further than before. It reminded me just how good a game this is. I reckon it's on a par with the Prince of Persia and Tomb Raider series, even if it didn't sell half as well as them.

Has anyone here played the PS2 sequel? Is it worth picking up?

I also got my SNES hooked up to my new TV for the first time last night. It was excellent, I played Super Mario World for ages, then Donkey Kong Country 2.
Quote Post Goto Top

floorcat
Member Avatar
Man, I really need to play that game (Shadowman)! Obviously I have no idea if the sequel is any good...

And SMW & DK2 are two very dangerous games... so easy to get sucked in!!

*continues to wallow in plasma-envy*
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), The Swapper, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
alxbly
Jul 2 2006, 07:39 AM
Has anyone here played the PS2 sequel? Is it worth picking up?

The sequel on PS2, Shadow Man 2econd Coming, absolutely sucks. Not even half the game that the original is. Don't bother even renting it.
-alxbly

Deleted User
Deleted User

Quote:

The sequel on PS2, Shadow Man 2econd Coming, absolutely sucks.

I'm sad to hear that, I was hoping it would be good. Not to worry, I'm not very far through the DC version of the original, so I'm looking forward to the little extras that the N64 version didn't have (the basketball court, etc).

Not been playing much else recently, but I've got some free time tonight so I'll clock up a few hours.
Quote Post Goto Top

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
How far are you into Shadow Man alxbly?
-alxbly

Deleted User
Deleted User

Not far at all, Datadyne: my shadow meter only has three purple bars (and I think you need about ten to enter the last level). I played and finished the N64 version about six years ago. Wow, I never realized it was so long ago until I had to think about it. :huh:
Quote Post Goto Top

Hydro_nix
Member Avatar
Level 30 Necromancer/Master of Quest 64
Quest 64, Diddy Kong Racing, Super Smash Bros., Sonic Battle, Sonic Rush, NEW Super Mario Bros., Sodoku Gridmaster, Shadow The Hedgehog, Sonic Heroes.
Even bastards need to let off some steam.

And apparently have more egos than Waffles.

Ragedy
Veteran
Halo 2, Metroid Prime, Zelda OOT.

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64): Just entered the Water Temple, which I hate.
Super Mario 64 (N64): Third playthrough; about 50 stars.
Perfect Dark (N64): Just unlocked Complex in combat simulator =)
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (GCN): Finished the first year.

dagoss,Nov 17 2007
05:13 PM
OMG, this is the best topic ever made.  I nominate Steve for God!

Deleted User
Deleted User

A little update on what I've been playing recently:

Super Mario Kart (SNES)
Perfect Dark (N64)
Snowboard Kids (N64)
Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
Street Racer (SNES)
GTA: Liberty City Stories (PS2)

And I've also been playing game I downloaded from the net called Alien Blitz. It's a remake of one of the first games I ever finished: Blitz for the Commodore VIC 20. It's kind of a space invaders clone, except it's turned upside down. You pilot an aeroplane that gradually gets lower on the screen, but you need to bomb the buildings below otherwise you'll crash into them. It's great fun, and here's a screenshot.
Quote Post Goto Top

moffshiggits
I just beat Paper Mario (N64).
Now I am playing Jet Force Gemini, Ice Climber, and Dragon Warrior (NES).

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
Update time!

Ocarina of Time: Died while fighting Shadow Temple boss. Don't feel like going back through the temple again to face it.

Halo: Beat it on co-op with my brother last night. Might try a heroic run tonight.

NCAA Football 06: Getting the last horrah out of it. Hopefully 07 is better, though it'll be hard to top this one.
dagoss,Nov 17 2007

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
Updated list:

Jak II: Renegade (PS2)
GTA: San Andreas (PS2)
Star Wars Episode One: Racer (N64)
Shadow Man (N64)
-alxbly

Deleted User
Deleted User

Hey dataDyne, what do you think of San Andreas?
Quote Post Goto Top

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
alxbly
Jul 21 2006, 09:09 AM
Hey dataDyne, what do you think of San Andreas?

It's my favourite game on the PS2, hands down. I am currently plowing my way through my fifth playthrough and I'm still feeling as though it is a fresh experience.

Do you have San Andreas? If so, what are your thoughts on it?
-alxbly

Deleted User
Deleted User

Yeah, I've got San Andreas for the Xbox. It's one of my favorite games of all time. There's just so much freedom, and the aircraft are excellent (much better than in previous GTAs). The two player sections are also pretty good, mrs alxbly and me play them quite often.

I'm playing through GTA:Liberty City Stories just now, have you tried it? It's okay, but it's missing a lot of the stuff that made SA so good: aircraft, swimming, etc, and the framerate is pretty jumpy at times. It's nice to be back in Liberty City though.
Quote Post Goto Top

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
I haven't played Liberty City Stories yet and I don't plan to anytime soon. GTA 3 never appealled to me a great deal, so I imagine I wouldn't like LCS that much. Plus even though it is selling for a budget price, it is still a hefty price tag for a game that has such an outdated game engine on a very modern console.
-alxbly

Deleted User
Deleted User

I thought it was the same engine as was used in SA? Regardless of that, it's a good game, not without it's flaws (not being able to swim was a big disappointment), but still worth a look. The city is GTAIII but it has a Vice City feel because of the addition of motorbikes, etc. I reckon it's worth a look if you've played and enjoyed Vice City.
Quote Post Goto Top

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
alxbly
Jul 25 2006, 06:54 AM
I thought it was the same engine as was used in SA? Regardless of that, it's a good game, not without it's flaws (not being able to swim was a big disappointment), but still worth a look. The city is GTAIII but it has a Vice City feel because of the addition of motorbikes, etc. I reckon it's worth a look if you've played and enjoyed Vice City.

It has the same engine as SA??? I was told that it used GTA3 and Vice City's engine. Looks like I'll have to give LCS a go then!
-alxbly

Deleted User
Deleted User

I thought it was the same engine for all the PS2 GTAs. Done a very short bit of reseach and Wikipedia seems to agree (see 'Graphics')? There's none of the SA stat building, etc, it's much closer to III/VC in that respect but the weapon select is VC/SA's one per category system.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

And a little update on what I've been playing recently.

Jet Force Gemini (N64) - I'm determined that I'll complete it, but it's taking a while to get familiar with the super-sensitive aiming.

Body Harvest (N64) - I hadn't played this very much at all since re-buying it, but I'm making good progress now.

Banjo Tooie (N64) - taking my time with this one, since Rare are taking their time with the sequel.

Doom (Xbox) - the original Doom is one of the extras in Doom 3. I can still remember where a lot of the secrets are. :D
Quote Post Goto Top

Ragedy
Veteran
Halo, constantly, I got through the entire game on legendary without dieing in any level other thna Two betrayls and The Truth and Reconsiliation(Well I did'nt die Captain Keys kept dying in ). I'm addicted to Halo, Arhhh!

Does anyone has owns Halo 2 have Live?

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
alxbly
Jul 25 2006, 08:43 PM
Banjo Tooie (N64) - taking my time with this one, since Rare are taking their time with the sequel.

Hahaha. I just hope its not a complete dissapointment like PDZ.

Right now I'm playing Star Ocean: Til the End of Time. I just restarted the game despite having 20+ hours on another file without beating it. This is my problem with RPGs: I always take a break from one and then when I go back to play it I decide to start a new file...
dagoss,Nov 17 2007

Hydro_nix
Member Avatar
Level 30 Necromancer/Master of Quest 64
Add Lego Star Wars to the mix. It rocks. Especially when in the Diner you are able to get both General Grievious and Grievious' Bodyguard as a team. It's no Droideka, but he's hard to find.
Even bastards need to let off some steam.

And apparently have more egos than Waffles.

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
I just started a new game of Zelda: Majora's Mask.
Posted Image

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
Rapueda
Jul 30 2006, 08:42 AM
I just started a new game of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

So did I. :D :D :D
-alxbly

floorcat
Member Avatar
Still (yes... STILL) playing Perfect Dark and Ms. Pac-Man: Maze Madness.

I'm making some progress though! :D I'm at 80% complete for Ms. Pac-Man, and yesterday, I finally managed to get through the Air Force One level on Perfect Agent (again, for the 3rd time ever, 1st time in at least 5 years)... and not only that, but through a freak instance of ambition, I decided to also go for the time-trial cheat (unlimited ammo - laptop gun)... which I nailed almost right after! It's probably the easiest Perfect Agent time cheat to get, right? I just remember some of the other ones being retardedly difficult to get. It's sad... like I would never re-visit a level after I got the time-cheat for it. -_- ... unless I do another play-through. <_<

So from the 2 or so hours I played two nights ago, I must've doubled my video-gaming time over the last five weeks! :blink:

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Other Video Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: